It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: PRUNES!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Recently I was worried I was depending on Senna to go so I starting eating some dried plums or dried apricots everyday. Gotta say, It's like magic and they're not that bad either i kind of like them. Also GETS IT ALL OUT!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I worked in nursing homes for a while and if any age group in this world knows how to get constipated it is the elderly. The first thing we would try to give them is more fruit, veggies, water and fiber, when that did not work we would give them what we called a bomb because after it worked there would be an explosion to clean up. Its really easy to make just take whatever amount of milk of magnesia it says to take on the bottle and combined it with warm prune juice and you will be going normally in about half hour to 45 minutes. Also take in to account that most people in a nursing home are on some kind of stool softener and eat meals that are created by a dietitian. So this should work for you, now if it does not work then there is always the option of using a enema which will loosen the stool that is already in the colon. The thing that you must remind yourself is that these methods should not be used all the time and you may want to consider a change in diet. One more thing if you have not had a bowel movement in a long time you might want to try some of these things people have posted because an obstructed bowel can kill you, if nothing works then you should get in to see a doctor as soon as posable.

The one thing that has helped me to stay regular is to drink a glass of water right when i wake up and before bed, plus i have started to eat yogurts (the ones they advertise on t.v) they really work.

Post subject: miralax
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

just drink lots of fluids (very important)- enema is the last resort if all else fails. man, I would hate to have to be hospitilized for bring "full of shit" lol :lol: , seriously :arrow: mirilax dissolved in your favorite beverage on an as needed basis or every other day does the trick

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I hate to say it but every once in a while i have to use a fleet enema. I gotta say they work like a champ. I mean a weeks worth of poo in one shot. Also everytime i go to the doctors office i have to poo too. i think its nerves.... this happen to anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have found that MiraLax works the BEST. However, it is expensive.

However, its tasteless, dissolves in any drink.

It causes the intestines unable to absorb a lot of the water in your large intestine. So your stool is softer, faster, and sadly, more odor causing.

I won't use stimulant laxatives. Unless you enjoy the feeling of giving birth through your anus. Oh and there will be blood too...

Seriously. We need to prevent the stool from getting hard. The best way to do that is with miraLax. Or some other "osmotic laxative"

It also takes like 2-3 days to start to see the change. I use 1/2 the recommended dosage. If you take it everyday at full dosage, you will get the opposite problem.

This should help and it worked miracles for me!!!
DRH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

the best thing i have found is lots of water everyday. i drink at least 1/2 to 1 gal a day. i am very active so i need it. a good diet full of fiber and protein is another added bonus. i have been on suboxone then switched to subutex over a course of 4 years. currently taking 4-2mg subutex/day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

milk of magnesia has saved my ass... literally.... it's cheap, no cramps, no bloating, usually works overnight. they even have a pill form now if you don't wanna drink the chalky cherry liquid but it's not that bad. i also drink lots of water and i now poo like a pro. my stools are still very hard but they come out very quick and never more than three days without a b/m. a methadone nurse originally suggested the milk of magnesia to me and i've used it when i'm in these 'sticky' situations ever since.

Post subject: for me
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Simple & to the point. What helps me is Suppositories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I read everyone's suggestions and other desperate ways to"poop" lol. This has been my biggest side effect besides fatigueI go weekly,yup weekly.I have tried,mirilax,suppositories,water,poop tea,lol!.Increasing fiber,coffee,enemas etc.The citrus clear liquid in the drug,oh citrate magnesium and the phillips white chalky liquid lax.and that one only releases the fluids around the stool. OH boy this is embarrassing but the stool softener with the laxative in it works a little..I take 5 and then 2 days later I go,I can feel it coming on and actually get scared because I know how painful it is going to be.to get it out of me..please use your imagination.It hurts! I think I deserve balloons and a card after it.LOL! however my stomache is very bloated and I never look healthy.I am getting my colon checked when all is said and done..because ether is a lot of blood,probably due to tearing,but I have to check any way:(

Post subject: poooooooooop!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I joined the forum just so I could reply to this post. The miracle of miracles is ......

CH-CH-CH-CHIA!!!

I kid you not. Chia seeds. Yeah yeah, they are a superfood, but really, 1 tablespoon of chia 2x a day, and you will poop like a master! You can even do 2 tbs at a time. Get 6-8 oz of water, dump in the chia, stir it around, let it sit 15 minutes. It gels up, tasting and feeling pretty much like snot (meaning neutral/no taste). if you make it with 4oz of water, let it sit 15 minutes, then mix with something like kool-aid or crystal light (add that in AFTER it's gelled), it will taste fine. Personally I like the plain chia. It's really good cold too. Anyway, it looks gross, and can be hard to find (cheap online, expensive at health food stores), but it works like nothing else. I read a story about a lady who was pooping something like once every 6 days for years, and within 3 days of taking the chia, she was pooping every 1 or 2. Seriously, try it. It's also high in omega 3, full of protein (with all the essential amino acids) and has tons of fiber (obviously why it helps you poop).

OH! I almost forgot! If you don't like taking it with water, just sprinkle it on granola and yogurt or some such. It's like poppy seed. It's almost exactly like poppy seed in fact. Delicate nutty flavor and crunch. It's just when you mix it with water and let it gel that it turns gellie.

And if you do mix it with water, always add the flavoring AT THE END. For some reason, it doesn't absorb the water if it's got sugar or other stuff in it. I mean, it's just like drinking a glass full of poppy seeds mixed with water, but that's not as fun. You don't even need to chew, you can just swallow it with no fear of choking, whether it's gelled or not (they are tiny).

Anyone who tries it, let me know how it works for you. And spread the word. In fact, I'm going to re-post this as it's own topic.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

definitely worth a try...will get back to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Mine got better over time, and I am often regular but this thread made me realize it had been a day or two. Nothing that a colace or two cannot take care of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Heres something wierd.For 6 yrs I osed upwards of 90-180 Oxycodone and never had a problem.Been on Subs 3 wks and...cant poop.Gave birth to a baseball last week too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have a method that should work for every one". i going to try and explain this? the press your ab effect o.k. before you sit, roll up 2 small towel's, roll them up in both your fist. then press your fist in word on your belly, for about 10 seconds. do this 5 times or more. or as many is you need. it should not cause any abdominal pain. you no unless you press to hard. keep practice at it . press harder if you need but not where you feel to much discomfort. THIS SHOULD WORK PLEASE REPLY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

this helps me and others. i just thought if anybody is having a hard time GOING. this is not costly. it is good any way to massage your left side quadrant of your abdomen. it really works :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is horrible! I haven't had a bowel movement in 6 days(going on 7). I just started on Suboxone Thursday, and had a few hydros the days before. Constipation started last Tuesday. I've tried almost everything listed here. I've added fiber to my diet. I even got some Fiber One oatmeal bars and eat 2 a day. I got Metamucil last night and drank it with 8oz of orange juice last night and this morning. I drink plenty of water throughout the day as Suboxone causes dehydration. And still yet I am unable to pass even a rabbit size load. Luckily I haven't had any stomach cramps, yet. I'm still worried though. Even habitually using hydros daily I was able to go at least once every other day. I told the nurse I saw today and she recommend I get Miralax. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to buy some tonight. I hope this works.

I am curious if anyone has tried alcohol to relieve constipation from Suboxone. I know alcohol cleans the bowels well, but I haven't drank since starting Suboxone. I think I will get a six pack before trying the laxitive the nurse recommended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 10 and nothing is helping. Not even an enema brought it out. I'm in so much pain after I eat even a snack. What can I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lordy, I didn't poop for like 2 weeks when I started subs. I was drinking 2 liters of water a day and getting plenty of fruits and veg but still nothing. I was even prescribed stool softeners at the same time as the Subs and took them every day but nothing. The ONLY THING that saved my life was Miralax. It took about 4 days to work but ever since then I poop daily again! It's a little soft and messy but I'll take any poop over no poop. Miralax, guys! I even bought the generic brand which is half the cost and works just as well. Good luck!

Post subject: happy crapping
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

A crap Dr on the radio said, "even if ya go once a week and feel "empty" after, it's all good". Thats what he said, no shit!
For me it's PRUNES if and when required, plus good yogurt. Opiates don't like sharing your body with water, I've noticed that if you sort of wait until you get really thirsty, you get dehydrated constipated and a friggin massive headache.
So if you drink water with out denying thirst, and If you shit first then dose, you won't need the Laxatives and you'll have a better day.

Post subject: LMAO @ thread!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:42 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Over the past 10 years I've had some memorable moments over the toilet hahahaha- some I'll NEVER forget! as said above, i have a new respect for labor LOL :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next