It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was going to post what i use which is docusate sodium and senna but i looked on google for info on swiss kriss found this in Lois Armstrongs wiki, makes me want to try it but what i take has been working great.. interesting:

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Armstrong
He was an extremely generous man, who was said to have given away as much money as he kept for himself. Armstrong was also greatly concerned with his health and bodily functions. He made frequent use of laxatives as a means of controlling his weight, a practice he advocated both to personal acquaintances and in the diet plans he published under the title Lose Weight the Satchmo Way. Armstrong's laxative of preference in his younger days was Pluto Water, but he then became an enthusiastic convert when he discovered the herbal remedy Swiss Kriss. He would extol its virtues to anyone who would listen and pass out packets to everyone he encountered, including members of the British Royal Family. (Armstrong also appeared in humorous, albeit risqué, cards that he had printed to send out to friends; the cards bore a picture of him sitting on a toilet—as viewed through a keyhole—with the slogan "Satch says, 'Leave it all behind ya!'")[37] The cards have sometimes been incorrectly described as ads for Swiss Kriss.[38]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The only problem is it can be hard to find. Wal-Greens where I live has it but I can never find it any where else. Funny thing is a junky friend of mine told me about it. He's a lifer whose whole life revolves around shooting dope. He takes all these supliments and pre-natel vitamins to combat what heroin does to his system. I've got to hand it to him though, he does look healthy and is in very good shape for shooting up 5 or 6 times a day for the past 13 years. Every part of his life revolves around it though, I used to envy him, now it's just kind of sad. He's a good guy though, definately not the norm as far as junkies go. Back to the topic, try the Swiss Kriss for a week, I bet it will work for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I used too much bulk fiber and my constipation got worse.Luckily I had an appointment with a nutrienist and they told me about fruit fiber.

It turns out you need both fruit fiber and bulk fiber.Fruit fiber can be 100% apple,grape,cranapple,etc.. juices.Also,you can make shakes out of banannas,and your favorite fruits.Green raw vegtables or stir fried but the more you cook the more you lose the good stuff in green vegatbles,broccoli,green beans,etc.. but not lettuce.

I used 4 diffent things for constpation w/o any luck.Your Dr. can write a script for what used to be Miralax,which is now over the counter and it works great.No taste you can put one-three teaspoons in your drink and has no taste or after-taste.
Just be sure to drink a full glass of water afterword or with it.

I had to adjust mine to one teaspoon every 3 days,for I took a tablespoon a day and in 3-4 days I was shitting like a goose.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too had developed a tolerance to laxatives/stool softeners. It got to the point that every 3 days I would use an Enema. I did drink alot of water, increased fiber in my diet, ect. and nothing worked. When I went on a diet and started exersizing, that is when things started moving along. I would do exersize videos at my house and about 10-15 minutes in I'd have to go to the bathroom.

Post subject: Consti-consistent
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

EASY as PIE.... Drink water regularly, take one colace in the morning, one @ night, & eat celery, grapes, salad, & get a fiber drink like metimucill. If you are consistent, you will stay regular. that is all.... p.s.- get some walking in too.

Post subject: swiss kriss
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey smoothy I finally got some swiss kriss today and to my surprise it is exactly the same stuff I use and mentioned above: SENNA or "sennosides 8.6 mg per tablet"

my doctor told me to try not to take it every day FYI anyone who is using it but he said docusate sodium is fine to take everyday

Post subject: Kinda worried help =(
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey guys kinda worried here...tonight of alllll nights I had to finally go to the bathroom. It took like 40 minutes of pure HELL. Agonizing even. I needed to stop because I simply could not take the pain anymore, and the pressure was relived some that was a few hours ago. (fast forward, after taking the kid trick or treating, he was more concerned with getting candy then with my situation.) My eyes were glassed over and I felt terrible. I do NOT ever want a repeat of this EVER AGAIN. I bought an enema (embarrassing yeah but whatever at this point, and miralax. If I use the enema will it help,ehem break things up? Or is it a bad idea? Tomorrow morning I can call my doctors which I will right away but tonight I have to grin and bear it. No one will prbly be on at this hour and its Halloween. Ugh. Timing. I took the miralix already, but I doubt that will help my oversized stool. :/ Suggestions anyone I really am getting sick of this shit, literally. >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

woah that happened to me and i took milk of magnesia, worked great. hope you got this sorted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My story is a little different than others. I'm on 32mg's of methadone and this evening willl finally switch to Suboxone. Obviously, opiates cause massive constipation. Other than hearing, "go see a dr.", is there any advice other than ones mentioned? I drink 3 or 4, 16oz glasses of water a day. Eat Rasin Bran every morning w/a banana. Walk with my dog through the woods for exercise. Lived on Miralax till a cap in the a.m. and p.m. hardly did anything, plus it causes the runs. Tried plain old vegetable laxitives. No luck. Switched to Senocot S, senna w/stool softener, which works O.K., but don't want to get "hooked" on it, but my problem is I have NO DESIRE to go. When I do go, I GO, so I know I can't be blocked up. With laxative, I go. W/out any, I don't go. I used to go every morning WITHOUT FAIL, now I can't go w/out help. When it says on the backs of bottles not to use for more than 7-10 days w/out doctors orders, what do the dr's give the patients that get hooked on laxitives when it's time to get off them? That's what we need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

safe easy oct that will work just fine and can be used long term is Miralax. now just cause you take this doesnt mean you are gonna be rushing to the bathroom it will help you get back your regularity and stay on track.

BUT you must start changeing your life style light workouts and eating right are keys to helping with this. and your mind is a powerfull thing if you have it made up that you wont go cause suboxone you will not go. you have to stay stress free i cant say this enough that stress and shiting go hand and hand!

To everyone who has tryed the oct way and had no help what so ever. im not gonna get into my whole story but lets just say i ended up getting a colonoscopy so i know the start of oct to perscribed meds for this.

If you truely are still haveing trouble after every oct method then you are gonna want to talk to your dr about LACTALOSE! This can be used for life with no serious side effects and this will make you go period!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'd just like to add, perhaps everyone has different keys. Before suboxone. Stress or no stress- that I had absolutely *no* hard time going. In fact, it was like clock work in morning and night. I'm doing all sorts things to maintain regularity, including fiber bars. I've always exercised so maybe more for some reason now? I am nervous again because well once more it's been since Monday, nothing. Sigh. Increased water intake and everything. This is kinda scary...=( I guess I should stop asking so much here and simply ask my doc,eh? Heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hopeful_sobriety wrote:
I'd just like to add, perhaps everyone has different keys. Before suboxone. Stress or no stress- that I had absolutely *no* hard time going. In fact, it was like clock work in morning and night. I'm doing all sorts things to maintain regularity, including fiber bars. I've always exercised so maybe more for some reason now? I am nervous again because well once more it's been since Monday, nothing. Sigh. Increased water intake and everything. This is kinda scary...=( I guess I should stop asking so much here and simply ask my doc,eh? Heh.

Yea i dont know your history b4 suboxone with your opiate issues. But alot of people will get backed up while high then once they come down they go to the bathroom. im not saying this is true for everyone but when i was useing this was def one thing ive notice myself and talking with friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Actually, stress/anxiety make me go better than being relaxed. With stress, the twisting and churning of my stomach was plenty to get me going. Funny thing is, when I shot dope everyday, I still went like clockwork. Same with my stable dose of methadone(125mg's), but the lower my dose got, the more constipated I got. I kept waiting for the runns, but they never came. I know for a fact I'm hooked on laxatives, and if anyone has been taking a laxative, especially a stimulant, daily for a while, you most likely are too. Just like our brains slowed/stopped making opiates when we were on our DOC because it got used to not having to make any, our large intestines get used to the stimulant, and the brain stops sending messages to the intestine to contract, so when the pills stop, so does our shitting. What I want to know is, how do you stop using a laxative, and what's the best way to get things working down there again? Is there a strict diet? Certain foods, or a liquid diet till things re-start? They say detoxing off laxatives can take anywhere between 1-2 days to 1-2 months, and it doesn't matter how much you take, as long as it's longer than the recomended time. FYI, I do exercise, drink only water, and lots of it, plenty of fiber and fruit. In fact, I eat the healthiest I have in my entire life trying to get a handle on this, w/no luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I’ve written about this on this site before, but at the risk of repeating myself, I’ll put it here since this thread is now here to stay. When it comes to constipation, prevention is the key.

I take Miralax 17 gm (1 capful) every evening. Of all the laxatives out there, I think that it is one of the gentlest and safest. It does take about 4-5 days before it starts to work, in my experience. It can be taken twice a day if needed. It is a powder that you mix with water or juice. It can be purchased over the counter, but if you have a prescription program, you can get a prescription for it and you can get it for your co-pay.

Miralax (polyethylene glycol) works as an osmotic agent, drawing water into the intestine and causing water to be retained in the stool. My gastroenterologist told me that it is safe to take daily over a long term basis. I’ve been taking it for about 3 years now, with no ill effects. Its long term use safety is currently being studied, but a study that was published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology concluded that it was found to be safe when used up to 6 months. Many people have taken Miralax on a long term basis with no ill effects. It is commonly used in nursing homes and in patients with long term chronic illnesses, and things like MS and spinal injuries which can effect colon motility.

Stimulant laxatives should not be taken on a long term basis for the reasons you mentioned above. They should be reserved for use once in a while if needed.

In addition to the Miralax, make sure that you have an adequate intake of dietary fiber, preferably in your diet but if not you can take fiber powder (like Metamucil) or tabs. Drink at least 8, 8-oz glasses of fluids per day, and try to increase your activity level.

Like it or not, constipation is one of the most common side effects from opiate use – including Suboxone. I know for me if I did not take the Miralax every day I would be in a lot of trouble for sure!

Good luck everybody!
~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Does anyone know if it safe to take mirilax if I am already taking docusate sodium (stool softner)?

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Explain what's going on to your pharmacist and ask if it's O.K. I always recomend calling the pharmacy closest to a hospital cause most people, after leaving the E.R. for whatever reason, end up at one of those pharmacys picking up a script fo something, so those pharmacists have heard every question out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i think i put this somewhere else but i use magnesium which works great, and if im real constiptaed i take 3 magnesium and a then 1 vitamin c pill every hour till i go to the bathroom. The magnesium is strong, if i take one day i go really well, but its a (for lack of a better word, I cant seem to think of one) it stimulates your bowels to go to the bathroom and it also softens. stool softener wont work on its own because it just softens, but the bowels need to be stimulated. anyways miralax also works, but my mother is all into natural cures so she suggested magnesium and vit c and it works great. yu can get both at any grocert store in the vit section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know if anyone has listed this but i was having that problem off and on. I now take three tablespoons of metamucil or four of the generic kind. I haven't had any trouble since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Fiber is the only thing that's really ever worked for me without making
the cramps worse as stimulant laxatives do. I use enema most of
the time because it's quick, or relatively quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:58 am 
I battled consipation thru out my addictve addiction. Suboxone/meth was not any different on my bowel then H. I talked to my bro and he had lots to say about it.

Once I was constipated I would use a enema with Oil/soap added and warmed up. That helped. He also told me that dulsolate dosnt do much unles you drink pleny of fluids with it.

Senna -s three times a week and I do eat a lot of kale/collars. The Kale and collars it self worked just great and what I use while on sub/meth. While doing other opiates I did not keep a healthy food intake so I had to resort to enemas, senna and loads of water.

Good luck... I remember the pain of it all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next