It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Constantly cold
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think this is the most loathsome side effect minus constipation, it doesnt go away with dosing either its just always there. I remember when on real opiates I would always get cold after not dosing for awhile but then as soon as I dosed my body temp would be back to normal, Im not talking "wrapped in a warm blanket" either this was years past that stage and euphoria did not happen unless daily dose was doubled, tripled etc so I just don't understand why subs are like this. I can understand it happening during and after the transition for awhile but to be sitting here 3 years later consistently on the same dose of subutex and still ice cold no matter if its 90 degrees outside without a cloud in the sky is getting to me. I'lll take a hot shower to wash that nasty cold sheen of sweat that forms on your skin and then makes you so cold your teeth chatter only for it to return as little as 20 minutes after Im out of the shower. Anyone else get this and how do you deal with it? In the morning Im like literally afraid to get out of bed because of this, its almost painful how bad it gets right when I wake up, very uncomfortable and not something Im ever gonna "adjust to" if its still here after 3 years.

Post subject: Re: Constantly cold
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know about this. For a while I was having hot flashes and was convinced I was going through menopause. At 38-39 you just never know. But it all balanced out and I think it had more to do with hormones regulating after last pregnancy/breast feeding. I remember becoming unbearably cold in detox from opiates. The tip of my nose was like ice! Now that I'm tapering, I have get cold right before its time for another dose.
Maybe you are going through withdrawal and not fully saturating your receptors?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have the same issue. For the first year or so it was only when I missed my dose. But now I'm just always freezing and doseing doesn't help. It makes me wonder...is it possible to gain a tolerance to Subs? I didn't think you could but I can't think of any other reason for this crappy change. I rarely get triggered anymore by anything except when I think about the warm rush after doing a shot. It's pretty lame that what got me off heroine is also the thing triggering me two years later.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

503leitzzz wrote:
I have the same issue. For the first year or so it was only when I missed my dose. But now I'm just always freezing and doseing doesn't help. It makes me wonder...is it possible to gain a tolerance to Subs? I didn't think you could but I can't think of any other reason for this crappy change. I rarely get triggered anymore by anything except when I think about the warm rush after doing a shot. It's pretty lame that what got me off heroine is also the thing triggering me two years later.

I don't think we'll ever NOT get triggered. But supposedly we are able to manage them more effectively after doing some recovery work. I do not believe you can get a tolerance to sub like you can other opiate because of the ceiling effect. I've been on it for years at either same dose or lower. That trend was reverse during my years in active addiction. What you may be feeling when you talk of tolerance is actually stability. And in my early days, stability was a very foreign feeling- almost uncomfortable if that makes sense. You have to get used to not feeling spikes of euphoria. And I think we all would be lying if we say we don't miss that- but like they say- run the whole tape of where that short term feeling takes you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You do actually gain a tolerance to subs just like every other opiate it just doesnt seem like it because of the ceiling like you mentioned and because of its long half life. If you give someone who is opiate naive 2mgs of sub they will likely be puking and nodding for hours but if that same person takes the same 2mgs for a few days in a row it will stop getting them high. You do not however gain a tolerance to the blocking effect which is half the point when it comes to sub, i think there might be a misconception because of inaccurate info about sub regarding tolerance and people mistake not becoming tolerant to the blocking effect for not gaining any tolerance to the drug itself.

Its hard for me to put it into words so I might not be making sense but another way to describe it is that once you find your sweet spot and the right dose that works for you you never will have to up that dosage, it will always work on your cravings more or less the same for as long as you take it, provided you dont flip flop back and forth and raise your tolerance. Everyone of us on subs if we took a break from them and all other opiates for a couple months and then took a sub we would be really high but again after 2 or 3 days there would be virtually no high just like on maintenance but it would still block cravings so you do gain a tolerance. Sorry for the rambling I hope that wasnt an unintelligible mess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree with you bupeprecision. I guess when I think of tolerance, I'm thinking of my tolerance to other opiates where I needed more each time (and more and more and more lol)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hah yea I know what you mean, the old saying from AA always comes to mind for me "one is too many and a thousand is never enough"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Dude I'm going through the same exact thing.. I keep thinking I'm in withdrawl because whenever I do an opiate it goes away. But even if I stay on subs for months the chills that start from your ribs and chest never go away. It's horrible . This only happened once I started shooting though before that suboxone worked fine I guess it's just not enough anymore.