It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Constant urination
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, I know that someone else recently posted on this topic, however they were referring to frequent urination during withdrawal. I have noticed over the last 2 weeks that I have been going to the bathroom quite frequently. I have had no change in my dosing, I am on 16mg a day. This was not a problem until about 2 weeks ago, and I have been on suboxone for about 7 weeks. I don't want to be one of the people that blame every single thing that is different on suboxone, but it is the only medication that I take.

I also just had bloodwork done last week. I called and asked if it could possibly be an infection even though I have no symptoms of one. (no fever, no pain or burning when urinating, etc..)They said that all of my bloodwork came back normal. My white bloodcell count was within normal range...

I did not trust my last boyfriend and I had an STD panel ran by my gyno and it came back clean, so that is ruled out too. I'm sorry to be so detailed, but I feel like the more info you guys have, the better and more specific my responses could be.

Has anyone else had this as a side effect? If that's all it is, I can live with that. But I was just curious if there was anyone else out there who experienced this and if it eventually goes away or what??

Thank you for any responses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I noticed while I was on any opiates I went pee more often. When I get on opiates, I sweat more cuz my body overheats more quickly than normal, so I drink more fluids. I figured I was peeing more because of the extra fluids I was drinking.

Have you been drinking more fluids than you usually do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Romeo! Now that I think about it I have been drinking more fluids since I'm on suboxone. However, I've been doing that for seven weeks. And the frequent peeing is only the last week or two. It's really weird because the urge to go is so strong, but then I go, and only a little comes out. LOL who knows.... like I said, there are worse side effects to have, I just wanted to know that I am not alone in this and if there is anything that I can do about it really.

Thanks for responding though. I appreciate it. I thought this would just get buried! hahaha It's not really an urget topic, ya know? Have a great day Juliette, I mean Romeo. LOL

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh NO, you did NOT just call me Juliette!!!

I hope the next time you go pee, it's in your pants!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just read in another thread that you're thinking of dropping your dose, I wonder if dropping your dose would help? I'm not for sure, but I think I read about someone else having pee problems, but it cleared up after they dropped their dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi, I am still pretty new to suboxone, I just started on July 2nd. I am prescribed 16 mg, but I'm only taking 8 so our dose is a little different, but I too pee a lot more now, more frequently and the only thing that has changed is my being on the subs. My husband noticed it too, he mentioned that I go to the restroom a lot more... lol It comes on very quickly sometimes too, like I just cannot hold it. Sometimes, not much comes out either. It's nothing that I can't deal with and I guess I really didn't think about it much until I saw your post, it's just kind of odd that I am experiencing the same. I think it's probably a good thing though to get rid of wastes out of our body, so urination is good. I don't have any burning sensations or feel like anything is wrong, I just have to pee more often. I'd say, if your tests are good and you don't have a UTI, it's probably fine, you're body is getting rid of wastes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo- If by chance I do go in my pants, you will be the first to know! I'm not 100% on dropping the dose yet, that's still in the considering phase. The only thing holding me back is that I use the sub for pain also...

Invisible shadow, everything you said, is exactly what its like for me. That sudden urge, like if I dont find a bathroom, it's over. Hahaha

Thank you guys for answering my post. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. Have a great day everyone!