It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been reading and reading all I can about bupenorphine and Suboxone and Subutex. But I am confused about something...

I've had this problem with my right foot for about 3 months now, this aching and hurting when I walk or put pressure on that joint. But the pain was nothing compared to the pain I've suffered in my back for years now. The back pain is what lead me to pain meds in the first place, which I've been using and then abusing for over 5 years now.

Okay, so the Suboxone has taken my back pain down from about an "8" every day down to a "1" or "2"!! Amazing! Yet, it doesn't even touch the other pain I feel in my foot. Why is this? How does it know that it's my back that hurt me so bad--how does it know to take THAT pain away?

And if this Suboxone is 40x stronger than the morphine I was taking, then how do I know if I've inadvertently hurt my spine if I don't feel it?

The 4th day I was on Sub, I stood up too quickly and blacked out and landed on my right buttcheek on the back porch steps and I was so scared I'd hurt my spine too. I have a 4" cyst growing on my thoracic (middle) back, and it's growing on my spinal cord. I was sore for the next few days and my butt looked like someone whacked me with a baseball bat.

I know I should have gone to to the doctor, but I was scared to tell my mom it happened, as she's been amazed and so happy that it's taken my pain away. Too good to be true, she keeps saying, so I didn't want to tell her I had blacked out like that. It's been nearly 3 weeks later, and no more blackouts.

I just can't figure out HOW this stuff knows to target my back pain and no other pain. What about menstrual cramps? Will it help with those too? (Sorry, fellas, but I just had to ask!)

Thanks in advance for all of the help and replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:59 pm 
In my experience Buprenorphine works great to take the edge off of mid-range chronic pain but does not really work as a great analgesic for more acute pain...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Suboxone has helped me with my menstural cramps! Yay! (sorry guys if its TMI!)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Orange doll wrote:
Suboxone has helped me with my menstural cramps! Yay! (sorry guys if its TMI!)

LOL, thank you, Orange Doll! Looking forward to seeing how well it'll help with mine. ;-)