It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So Ive been having a bit of an issue lately with my dosing. I had been taking 1.5 mg's per day for about 65 days. I was doing great for the most part. Maybe a little moody here and there. I have extensively researched this drug hours upon hours and found this site to be the most informative and caring. Well after looking into why I may be a little irritable I came to the conclusion that it must be because I was slightly below the ceiling level. This was based on discussions in the dosing section and Dr. Junig's blog on the "Ceiling Effect".. In Dr. Junig's blog and reponses to a post I made regarding this issue a few weeks ago I was also informed that doses below 2 mg acted as a full agonist as opposed to the partial agonist I thought suboxone was. I surely did not want to be taking a full agonist as that is the purpose of me being on this medication. Considering all of this I raised my dose to 2mg. Well I stayed on it for about 1 1/2 weeks. I was terribly lethargic, apathetic, depressed, irritable, you name it. I figured it was just me adjusting to the increase and that I would just grind it out until I stabilized. I couldn't take it any longer as the depression only worsened and my work performance was suffering and I was no longer capable of taking part in my daily activities. My doctor is horrible and I didn't know how fast I would get a response on here so I called the Suboxone hotline this morning that is on the pamphlet your Doc gives you when you start. The lady I spoke with on the phone was appalled to say the least as to where I was getting my information. She said that suboxone is a very personal drug and there is no specific dose and it ALWAYS acts as a partial agonist. She told me as long as it curbs my cravings and I seem to have done well on the 1.5 mg that there is no reason to increase my dosage. She said the ceiling effect is typically between 8-16mgs but that does not have to be the goal. I took a smaller dose yesterday and again today and I already feel 10x better. I am just confused because there is so much misinformation out there on this particular issue, as well as this drug. I am not discrediting this forum at all, just trying to get some feedback, maybe start a debate, and give a heads up to people out there who may be in my situation. This lady I spoke with may not have been completely correct with her information compared to what is on this site, but in my case it sure as hell makes sense. I really want to have faith in this forum and Dr. Junig because everyone here is so great and Dr. Junig seems like such a caring, knowledgeable guy.