It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Marie wrote:
Quote:
Thankfully, I awoke the next morning for the first time in years WITHOUT being in withdrawal. I started crying. Feeling "normal" for the first time in many years was so powerful to me....it became an enlightened moment....catapulting me into recovery.

Boy Marie...Can I relate to this. I woke up in WD every morning. Sometimes as early as 3 a.m. I'd have to go down to the cold basement so as not to wake my wife, grind a bunch of poppy pods while making sure to avoid any moldy ones. Then trudge up the stairs feeling cold, lonely, miserable, and above all hopelessly trapped. I'd slurp down the tea, but it could take as much as a couple of hours to kick in. So needless to say there was no going back to sleep. I lived on 3 or 4 hours sleep for years.

I too mourned the loss of getting high. But the freedom I've got now....and the nice long nights sleep...far outweigh. The stuff wasn't really working anymore anyway. Not enough to be worth it that's for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:30 pm 

I can still remember waking up on mornings (most mornings actually) not feeling good at all, knowing that I was broke. I was going to have to find money, then find medicine and hopefully be able to accomplish all that. Then other days, have money but could not find any medicine, or if I did find it, I'd be at that persons mercy to tell me when I could come get it. Lord have mercy, I hated my life so much. Being trapped in a cycle going in circles was just normal. Finally finding pills and someone ripping me off my last bit of money I tried all day to get. Awful awful awful!

I woke up a nervous wreck every day. I'd worry myself sick. If I woke up at 4 in the morning, my mind would be racing so much I couldn't sleep. So those mornings after starting suboxone treatment, feeling peace, was a miracle. I am so grateful and so thankful to have peace :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 pm 

Hi MNK, So very sorry to hear about your Son! I too have a nephew who got himself into some trouble with all kinds of drugs and it was terrifying for my Sister! One morning she came downstairs and found him asleep in a chair and he would not wake up or respond to her. She thought he was dead! She told him that it was rehab or the curb. He went away to rehab and would call everyday crying saying that they were abusing him there. Of course I was telling her not to believe him and that he was in the best place possible. He came home after thirty days clean but very angry! It took him a while of going to meetings and counseling to be able to really have a functioning role in the family again. He was filled with so much regret and embarrassment that it has only been within the past year that he is really present and enjoying life. It is amazing to see! He is a great young man and we are so fortunate to have him fully back! I pray that the same happens for you and you too Jenn with your nephew!