It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 am



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:04 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
Days 11-12. Alright things are continuing to get better and better. I still feel extremely tired in the morning because I'm never sleeping for more then an hour at a time at night. The restless legs has died down considerably too at this point, but I guess that was not the only thing causing my insomnia.

I've worked every day since Thursday and it has not been a problem. I've cut caffeine, smoking, and sugar out of my diet, which has probably helped my fast improvement as well. I can honestly say the worst of the physical withdrawals are behind me.

Right now things are pretty busy, so I'm not sure how when I will start feeling the wrath of PAWS. Just trying to isolate as little as possible and surround myself with happy, sober people at the moment.

From what I have read in other stories most people were sleeping 4-5 hours a night by this point, but I'm trying not to let it bother me. I can only imagine how great I'm going to feel after a good nights sleep!

Much love!

Tiki

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:19 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:47 pm
Posts: 747
Once sleep improves, everything falls into place and gets so much easier!! I had monster fatigue and thatlead suit feeling right up until my very first night of decent sleep and Iit rapidly started to get easier everyday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
Day 13 Today was a pretty good day. Work is getting easier my spirits are high despite not sleeping. I think I'm sleeping alittle more, but its really hard to say. I know others say sleep starts to improve drastically around the 2 week mark, so I'm hoping tonight might be the night!

Just a quick update I'm out!

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:21 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:12 pm
Posts: 18
Location: WNY
Hey TikiStyles, I just read your thread, and I have to say our stories are very similar except I never went to rehab. Used ops from 18-23 and subs from 22 to 26 at first just to slang and use for OC/Opana wd. Im 26 now and on Day 5 right now and the past 2 nights have been he'll. The restless legs eat me alive mentally so I know what you mean. Congrats on not caving man, you are an inspiration.

As far as the Molly goes, I used To rage for a few days every few months but I know that it would have made your wd worse bc mdma sucks all the antioxidants out of your brain which sub wd also does which leads to depression and lack of energy. I haven't called off work yet (day 2&3 were weekend so I was off but those days weren't bad at all) keeping busy has helped me the most. But now I know why your early wd was so bad from the Molly.

Anyways good luck man keep posting it helps


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:42 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
breezhy wrote:
Hey TikiStyles, I just read your thread, and I have to say our stories are very similar except I never went to rehab. Used ops from 18-23 and subs from 22 to 26 at first just to slang and use for OC/Opana wd. Im 26 now and on Day 5 right now and the past 2 nights have been he'll. The restless legs eat me alive mentally so I know what you mean. Congrats on not caving man, you are an inspiration.

As far as the Molly goes, I used To rage for a few days every few months but I know that it would have made your wd worse bc mdma sucks all the antioxidants out of your brain which sub wd also does which leads to depression and lack of energy. I haven't called off work yet (day 2&3 were weekend so I was off but those days weren't bad at all) keeping busy has helped me the most. But now I know why your early wd was so bad from the Molly.

Anyways good luck man keep posting it helps


Breezhy! I'm glad you found my story useful. I was starting to wonder where the under 30 crowd was around here (no offense everyone :P). Around day 7-8 I started to see small improvements everyday. If you have anyone you can lean on emotionally during these tough days I recommend it. I am very lucky that my mom is super supportive and helped drag my ass through the worst of my wd's. Its true keeping busy is key. I actually usually feel the best I feel all day as I finish work. Its just dragging myself there and getting started after barely sleeping that is hard.

Stay strong man. We have our whole lives ahead of us and the sooner we clean up our acts the sooner we will be living the way we want to live! I

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:19 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:41 am
Posts: 712
Location: Connected
TikiStyles wrote:
I was starting to wonder where the under 30 crowd was around here (no offense everyone :P).
We have our whole lives ahead of us and the sooner we clean up our acts the sooner we will be living the way we want to live! I


LOL TikiStyles! No offense taken from this "not under 30" anyway! ha ha ha!
When I first joined I wondered where all the "over 40s were" but we found each other!
Hey, I was under 30 once.....does not seem so long ago dude...of course we "all" have what is left of "our whole lives' ahead of us which could be a day, a year, 50 years, "who knows", but I'm happy for you that you realize the underlined, and hope you and breezsy and all the 'under 30's" can learn from we 'over 40s' and use our mistakes as cautionary tales!
Sober years are WAY better than drugged up ones. Enjoy that "whole life" ahead of you! Every minute of it! :D
BF

_________________
"BE the change that you wish to see in the world"

Mahatma Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:20 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
ButterFLYING! wrote:
TikiStyles wrote:
I was starting to wonder where the under 30 crowd was around here (no offense everyone :P).
We have our whole lives ahead of us and the sooner we clean up our acts the sooner we will be living the way we want to live! I


LOL TikiStyles! No offense taken from this "not under 30" anyway! ha ha ha!
When I first joined I wondered where all the "over 40s were" but we found each other!
Hey, I was under 30 once.....does not seem so long ago dude...of course we "all" have what is left of "our whole lives' ahead of us which could be a day, a year, 50 years, "who knows", but I'm happy for you that you realize the underlined, and hope you and breezsy and all the 'under 30's" can learn from we 'over 40s' and use our mistakes as cautionary tales!
Sober years are WAY better than drugged up ones. Enjoy that "whole life" ahead of you! Every minute of it! :D
BF


Ah i def meant it in the nicest way possible, so I'm glad you understand. I actually read you and JI's thread when I first came hear. I spent a few days lurking while I decided if I was actually gonna do this or not. Read most of Trainer14's thread too. I know I was absolutely terrified of doing this when I started, but seeing so many people be successful here really helped me. I had failed twice before trying to detox off suboxone all on my own and I'm glad I tried doing things differently this time.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!"

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:17 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:00 am
Posts: 7
Congrats on getting off bupe! I myself am 10 days into my detox and haven't felt "normal" until just today. I still get the aches in my bones, sneezing spells, occasional chills, and am constantly cold. Not to mention the terrible lethargy.

Did your doc give you anything to help with your detox? I was prescribed catapres, phenobarbital, and then later on Ativan, Klonopin, and ambien for sleep. Even 10 days in I still wake up with terrible anxiety and can't wait until I feel normal again. If you've ever taken catapres, you know how loopy and useless it makes you.... Hate that stuff.

I've been calling my doc -even after hours- if my condition gets worse but he told me I should feel better today which I do. It's felt like a roller coaster of feeling ok and normal and then 30 min later feeling like crap. Initially he told me my w/d's would last 2-4 days. HA!

If you don't mind me asking, did you detox cold turkey or did your doc give you stuff to help?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:24 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:12 pm
Posts: 18
Location: WNY
Im on day 6 right now and the no sleep thing and RLS has taken a major toll on my mental health. Im scraping to get by. I cant imagine another few days of this. I was almost thinking o# going to the ER bc I was going insane w my RLS and jumping out of my skin. I jumped from 2mgs too. 3 days no sleep I feel like my body's shutting down but then when I lay down the terrible side effects kick in. Yesterday I took 5 showers. But I could not imagine doing this again


Top
 Profile  
 
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
Pturo87 wrote:
Congrats on getting off bupe! I myself am 10 days into my detox and haven't felt "normal" until just today. I still get the aches in my bones, sneezing spells, occasional chills, and am constantly cold. Not to mention the terrible lethargy.

Did your doc give you anything to help with your detox? I was prescribed catapres, phenobarbital, and then later on Ativan, Klonopin, and ambien for sleep. Even 10 days in I still wake up with terrible anxiety and can't wait until I feel normal again. If you've ever taken catapres, you know how loopy and useless it makes you.... Hate that stuff.

I've been calling my doc -even after hours- if my condition gets worse but he told me I should feel better today which I do. It's felt like a roller coaster of feeling ok and normal and then 30 min later feeling like crap. Initially he told me my w/d's would last 2-4 days. HA!

If you don't mind me asking, did you detox cold turkey or did your doc give you stuff to help?


I can't speak for everyone, but my suboxone doctor was kind of a joke. The guy never lied to me, but he definitely was not there to help either. He prescribed me Clonadin and Vistoril, but I didn't end up getting either. I am currently on day 14 ( day 15 hits in a few more hours) and honestly the only thing that really makes me feel better is being active during the day and showering to relax my body at night. I still sleep 3-4 hours a night for at most an hour at a time, but from what I've learned from others this will change eventually. I would avoid as many "comfort" meds as possible as it is easy to get addicted to some of them as well.


Also wanted to note I was required to see a "counselor" in order to obtain my suboxone script. In 3 years I don't think this woman helped me with one issue I had in my life all she ever did was make my script harder to get....


Hmmm apparently I'm feeling a bit feisty today.

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:16 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
breezhy wrote:
Im on day 6 right now and the no sleep thing and RLS has taken a major toll on my mental health. Im scraping to get by. I cant imagine another few days of this. I was almost thinking o# going to the ER bc I was going insane w my RLS and jumping out of my skin. I jumped from 2mgs too. 3 days no sleep I feel like my body's shutting down but then when I lay down the terrible side effects kick in. Yesterday I took 5 showers. But I could not imagine doing this again



You have to just keep trucking. Even though I still have trouble sleeping the RLS has died down considerably. You will really start to turn a corner in the next few days. I'm not promising you a full night of sleep or feeling like a million bucks, but it does get better! The way I think about it is if I give up now I will only have to go through this pain again, and that has been my single biggest motivation to keep moving forward.

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:17 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:41 am
Posts: 712
Location: Connected
TikiStyles wrote:
Pturo87 wrote:
Congrats on getting off bupe! I myself am 10 days into my detox and haven't felt "normal" until just today. I still get the aches in my bones, sneezing spells, occasional chills, and am constantly cold. Not to mention the terrible lethargy.

Did your doc give you anything to help with your detox? I was prescribed catapres, phenobarbital, and then later on Ativan, Klonopin, and ambien for sleep. Even 10 days in I still wake up with terrible anxiety and can't wait until I feel normal again. If you've ever taken catapres, you know how loopy and useless it makes you.... Hate that stuff.

I've been calling my doc -even after hours- if my condition gets worse but he told me I should feel better today which I do. It's felt like a roller coaster of feeling ok and normal and then 30 min later feeling like crap. Initially he told me my w/d's would last 2-4 days. HA!

If you don't mind me asking, did you detox cold turkey or did your doc give you stuff to help?


I can't speak for everyone, but my suboxone doctor was kind of a joke. The guy never lied to me, but he definitely was not there to help either. He prescribed me Clonadin and Vistoril, but I didn't end up getting either. I am currently on day 14 ( day 15 hits in a few more hours) and honestly the only thing that really makes me feel better is being active during the day and showering to relax my body at night. I still sleep 3-4 hours a night for at most an hour at a time, but from what I've learned from others this will change eventually. I would avoid as many "comfort" meds as possible as it is easy to get addicted to some of them as well.


Hey there, I really respect anyone who can manage with zero "comfort meds", as I believe that is most likely the quickest way to get totally "stabilized" and healthy.

Just FYI, Clonidine is NOT addictive. It is a blood pressure med, that I can tell you from first hand experience helps cut the RLS way down, and has a sedative effect that helps with sleep. I was VERY grateful to have it during the worst of my wdls.
If anyone uses Clonidine, keep an eye on bp that it does not get below normal. Bp raises during wdl and this is part of the "discomfort" and "restless" feeling. The only "down side" to clon., I believe is the possibility for a slight "rebound" effect of higher than normal bp when discontinued, but a good taper can prevent this.

_________________
"BE the change that you wish to see in the world"

Mahatma Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
ButterFLYING! wrote:
TikiStyles wrote:
Pturo87 wrote:
Congrats on getting off bupe! I myself am 10 days into my detox and haven't felt "normal" until just today. I still get the aches in my bones, sneezing spells, occasional chills, and am constantly cold. Not to mention the terrible lethargy.

Did your doc give you anything to help with your detox? I was prescribed catapres, phenobarbital, and then later on Ativan, Klonopin, and ambien for sleep. Even 10 days in I still wake up with terrible anxiety and can't wait until I feel normal again. If you've ever taken catapres, you know how loopy and useless it makes you.... Hate that stuff.

I've been calling my doc -even after hours- if my condition gets worse but he told me I should feel better today which I do. It's felt like a roller coaster of feeling ok and normal and then 30 min later feeling like crap. Initially he told me my w/d's would last 2-4 days. HA!

If you don't mind me asking, did you detox cold turkey or did your doc give you stuff to help?


I can't speak for everyone, but my suboxone doctor was kind of a joke. The guy never lied to me, but he definitely was not there to help either. He prescribed me Clonadin and Vistoril, but I didn't end up getting either. I am currently on day 14 ( day 15 hits in a few more hours) and honestly the only thing that really makes me feel better is being active during the day and showering to relax my body at night. I still sleep 3-4 hours a night for at most an hour at a time, but from what I've learned from others this will change eventually. I would avoid as many "comfort" meds as possible as it is easy to get addicted to some of them as well.


Hey there, I really respect anyone who can manage with zero "comfort meds", as I believe that is most likely the quickest way to get totally "stabilized" and healthy.

Just FYI, Clonidine is NOT addictive. It is a blood pressure med, that I can tell you from first hand experience helps cut the RLS way down, and has a sedative effect that helps with sleep. I was VERY grateful to have it during the worst of my wdls.
If anyone uses Clonidine, keep an eye on bp that it does not get below normal. Bp raises during wdl and this is part of the "discomfort" and "restless" feeling. The only "down side" to clon., I believe is the possibility for a slight "rebound" effect of higher than normal bp when discontinued, but a good taper can prevent this.


I agree BF I was actually referring to the K-pin and ambien and stuff that he was talking about. I actually would have really liked to have clonadin for my detox, but it just didn't happen for me.

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:28 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
Well I officially have 2 weeks under my belt! I am about 23 minutes into day 15. I feel pretty blah today tbh which is disappointing, but I am going to my Grandmother's b-day tonight which I hope will cheer me up a bit.

I'm thinking of trying to take some Melatonin again tonight to sleep because I have court super early tomorrow morning (which is when I been getting the little sleep I do get).

Still just taking it a day at a time... I honestly had no idea suboxone withdrawals went on this long before coming to this forum. I know I was feeling pretty normal by this point when I detoxed in rehab off opiates.

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
Just another random thought I had tonight while at my Grandma's bday. I know many people say they have little to no appetite when they are detoxing off suboxone. The exact opposite has been true for me. I am built quite thin 5'11 150 and ate very little while on opiates and suboxone. My first week after stopping suboxone my appetite was about the same, but since then has been absolutely insane. I am honestly probably taking in an extra 3k-4k calories a day!

Has this happened for anyone else? To me it seems like a good thing, but I'm not trying to gain 50lbs either :P

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
TikiStyles wrote:
Just another random thought I had tonight while at my Grandma's bday. I know many people say they have little to no appetite when they are detoxing off suboxone. The exact opposite has been true for me. I am built quite thin 5'11 150 and ate very little while on opiates and suboxone. My first week after stopping suboxone my appetite was about the same, but since then has been absolutely insane. I am honestly probably taking in an extra 3k-4k calories a day!

Has this happened for anyone else? To me it seems like a good thing, but I'm not trying to gain 50lbs either :P


My appetite was okay when on subs, but not as good as it could have have been. I wasn't as quite as active tho either, as I was when finished with the acute sub WDs. It went south for a couple weeks after I jumped, so I had to use Boost and force myself to eat a solid meal every day. Then it came back with a vengeance, but I was also using my bike for more than commuting, I was going for some long distance rides and pushing until I got thigh burn and such, so needed more calories too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:38 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:12 pm
Posts: 18
Location: WNY
Tiki, Congrats on still going strong. Today is day 7 for me and last night I finally got some sleep (3-4 hours) for the first time in 4 days. I also called off of work for most of today and was able to get in a couple more hours sporadically. Last night the RLS were bad from about 10-1am but after i took a late night stroll with my Dad who came over for support I was able to lay down without rls and finally get real rest. Today I feel a lot better, waves of clarity are hitting me, but still very cold, sore and weak, but nothing I can't manage with.

I bought a shit load of supplements and realized I should of done this earlier but at least I am now.

Keep going strong, it's a hell of a war

_________________
H[b]old [b]O[b]n [b]P[b]ain [b]E[b]nds[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:43 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Seattle
Well day 17 starts in about an hour and 30 mins so I'll just call it that. Things are definitely getting better albeit very very slowly. When I am active I feel almost normal, but when I am idle I still feel a bit foggy and weak. Sleep has improved slightly, but is still my main issue. I have yet to sleep more then 2 hours continuously and have to shower even still every time I wake up.

One thing I've noticed is that initial drive I felt in week 2 to exercise and eat healthy etc is beginning to fade. I still have much more motivation then when I was on suboxone, but I'm worried about slipping back into old habbits as I become clearer and clearer.

Still feel like I'm one good nights sleep away from being 100% and even if this isn't the case that's what I keep telling myself. Haven't experienced much depression or loneliness yet, but I believe that is because I have had an amazing support system of friends and family and haven't even really had a day where I hung around the house all day since week 1.

I'm looking forward to week 3 and beyond and getting my life back. No point in looking back now!

_________________
Sub free since July 2nd, 2014!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:28 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:32 pm
Posts: 249
Having gone through the cycle of detox and sobriety several times, I can tell you that you will continue to slowly forget about suboxone and your motivation to stay clean may begin to fade. They call that initial euphoria when you first get off the "pink cloud." It can last for months fade away, come back and continue to cycle like this for up to two years after you get off. The only way to be safe during this time of emotional fluctuation is to completely change your thinking patterns. I learned this in 12 step groups. It's the only way I can keep my motivation to stay clean even after all this time without using. I found it impossible to get clean and stay clean because like you, I'd go back to my old ways of thinking and old behaviors eventually came back. It's inevitable. We all must completely change our lives after detox if this is to be a permanent undertaking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:29 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:54 am
Posts: 215
Location: NY
When i was at day 17, after jumping from 2mg, i felt like i was doing great(but i wasnt). I really forgot the simplicity of every day life. Being on drugs screwed up my brain chemistry. The roller coaster ride your on, with the peaks and valleys, will slowly even out somewhere inbetween your highest high and lowest low. Dnt expect to feel perfect tho. It takes time, like everyone says. Btw, you said something about the "wrath of paws". Its not what you think, trust me. Its more of a re-learning process you have to go through. Do some research on exposure therapy. This works good for recovering addicts. Learn to push yourself outside of your comfort zone

_________________
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Forever


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group