It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We all have responsibilites. I felt trapped, along with every drug addict. I have a mortgage, a car payment, with a sick mother to help as much as i can, and 65 hours of work a week. After 8 years of addiction, i could give a shit if i have to go a couple weeks feeling sick at work. If i was a victim, i would be dead.

@Night. There's really not clear cut answer for how to come off sub with all of your responsibilites to throw on withdrawal.. I think everyone here has been in your shoes at some point. It takes alot of soul searching i guess. Gl to you bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Btw What dose are you taking?? I would get down to .5 . If you've never come off this shit, its easy to get really worked up. I'm not saying its gonna be easy, but if you want it enough, it should happen naturaly idk i have to get ready

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pretty much the same for me on day 14 (except for sleep, which is still not 'normal' for me).

I'm still sneezing a lot, though I don't really have any other physical symptoms.

-- ji

m0jitoMan wrote:
Thanks john and rom.
Day 24??
-> Sleep is random, mostly normal. Appetite is coming back, may also be screwed up from a couple years of benzo use. Also, i sneeze like, 50 times a day. Other than the sneezing, i dont think have any protracted symptoms from sub. Oh yeah, the wierd detached, foggy state of mind is lifting more and more. All i know is that i get paid tomorrow and im going to the beach all weekend. Oh snap

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NightRider32 wrote:
Your right. Im trying to jump and its just not the best choice. Prayer has been a constant in my life. I still cant help but feeling like Im being punished. To be honest my faith has worn.

Thank you for your reply. Looks like Im gonna have to dig in at some point and keep on the path.

This comes to mind "God helps those who help themselves." Do whatever it is you need to do to get healthy. IMO, God wants us ALL to be healthy and will help, but we have free will and need to make the next best choice....I know that is not always easy to discern. Keep praying and don't lose faith!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Mojito,

Im on 16mg a day. Without going into great detail I always seem to run short...Think well eveything will be ok it wont be that bad. Get down to my last few and take 4mg a day trying to make them last till my appt. run out few days prior. Im totally out right now and yes you are right it is so easy to get worked up. Emotions all messed up. So easily agitated. Thinking about calling doc and trying to see him today. He will be closed for the next few days. It is only gonna get worse. Idk what he may do though. If I do I gotta get my shit together. No more being careless with my meds. Idk I cant hold a thought process right now. I was doing so good there for a while and shit just got threw into a tailspin. Thanks for the reply.

NR

NR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, emotions run wild in WD. You honestly would just have a long drawn out, kindof but not really shitty withdrawal. If your Doc doesnt take you back, dont let withdrawal worry you. If you can get your hands on some clonodine, it knocks everything down a huge notch. It would make a hugee difference

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

m0jitoMan wrote:
Yeah, emotions run wild in WD. You honestly would just have a long drawn out, kindof but not really shitty withdrawal. If your Doc doesnt take you back, dont let withdrawal worry you. If you can get your hands on some clonodine, it knocks everything down a huge notch. It would make a hugee difference

Yes! I agree, for me the clonidine was a HUGE relief and help, especially with the "restlessness". It helps, but does not fully eliminate- only time will do that. Just be careful to wean off slowly. I had some rebound hypertension for a few days, but am back to "almost" normal now.
IMO, if offered Trazadone do NOT take it!! I am still experiencing vertigo almost a week after discontinuing and I didn't even take it for that long!
Hope today is a better day for you NR!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, Day 33! I just worked three consecutive 14 hour shifts and could pass out!! Work had been soo busy lately and the great side of that is i'm stacking decks. The downside is managing to learn how deal with this re learning process, not to mention drugs. This Moron at work is always asking for hydros, and he knows. He knows without a doubt that i just quit. I Can't stand people that use when im sober. They make my skin crawl! Btw i get i'm an addict, im just in remission. I don't consider myself cured, but i feel like i kind-of "get it" ( happiness) . Maybe this is temporary, maybe it's real. The day ended with a car accident today. Not me, this guy who fell asleep, doing 70 mph, and Directly in front of me, lost control and went in this reviene, and shot out of the other side and did atleast 3 flips, then landed on the back. I ran to the car( no bullshit) and called the cops. I seen a dead dude, up close. Kindof stuck with me a little. I dont know what i expected, but i wasnt expecting to see that. I seen his face rightbefore he went off road. Anyways, that was on my mind and figured ide ramble for a second. Night everyone