It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:43 am



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:25 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:47 pm
Posts: 747
Dude.....the sweats stopped exactly on day 19 for me. Same for you!!!!!!! Weird! Still sneezing even at day 35..... interesting.

Awesome job on day 20!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:53 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 75
:o That is wierd! I only sneezed once today 8) .
Note: Going to,buy some new rims for my baby! My heart wont stop beeting, ugh Anxiety! Other than sneezing, and a Head in the Clouds feeling, anxiety is my only complaint.! Yeahhhhh baby!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:00 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Hey MojoDude, thanks for the update!! I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well.

Do you mind if I ask what recovery plans you have? Getting off drugs is one thing, staying off is another. I'm not trying to rain on your parade....not at all, I'm just trying to help you be successful long term.

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:42 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 75
Romeo wrote:
Hey MojoDude, thanks for the update!! I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well.

Do you mind if I ask what recovery plans you have? Getting off drugs is one thing, staying off is another. I'm not trying to rain on your parade....not at all, I'm just trying to help you be successful long term.


I hear you bro. Btw i wouldnt call it a parade 8) but its not what i thought. Recovery is a new world for me btw. I completely understand your concern. Sub put me track, and thankfuly i grew confidence and founda profession. I somehow found a good gf, who helps keep my head straight. I should be going to meetings, but with work idont know if i could push myself. I'm just being real. Whats funny is that i know i need to go all out to staysober, but i'm pretty dead right now from work. I slep until 1 today,couldnt believe it. Went to the gym, bought some shoes and some whrels for my car. Anything to get some excitement. Its not easy. This i know, but its worth it atthe end of theday. I cherishthis time of the daynow that i'm not on Anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:18 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 75
Day 23

Issues:
->No sleep last night
--> RLS is back??? WTF
-> Bad metallic taste
--> Stomach problems came back last night Briefly

Improvements:
-> Energy is back
--> Motivation is 70%
-> Muscle tone is coming back
--> Reconnecting with old friends, and fam

I'm thinking about moving to cali. I'm having bad cravings. Went to thhe store last night, and got a call from an old,addict friend. Instantly, i feel panicked. I havent changed at all. Nope. I'm going to be setting up some interviews in st.diegò today. I think i need to be with my family


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 am
Posts: 16
Hey man hang in there and stay strong. Just remember what using will ultimately lead back to. A dead end road of lies, being a slave to the drug and no self respect. Im right there with ya bro I understand everything your going thru. Trust me I know it sucks balls. Im trying to kick sub right now. Got a wife and 3 kids along with a stack of bills. But hey man you said you got your energy back and that is huge. Dont slip back down the slope. If it gets to hard man try to stick with sub. I totally understand the anxiety its a dagger. I struggle with it all the time. Im hear to talk bro it helps with the anxiety. Stay strong Im in your corner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 641
Location: Toronto
Hey M-Man, I think I'm experiencing the same thing to some extent, with some withdrawal symptoms boomeranging back on me every few days, but overall progress is good.

Family is great for support, but remember the warnings about geographical cures; my problem is my addiction, and it's going to follow me wherever I go.

Have a good day 23.

-- ji

m0jitoMan wrote:
Day 23

Issues:
->No sleep last night
--> RLS is back??? WTF
-> Bad metallic taste
--> Stomach problems came back last night Briefly

Improvements:
-> Energy is back
--> Motivation is 70%
-> Muscle tone is coming back
--> Reconnecting with old friends, and fam

I'm thinking about moving to cali. I'm having bad cravings. Went to thhe store last night, and got a call from an old,addict friend. Instantly, i feel panicked. I havent changed at all. Nope. I'm going to be setting up some interviews in st.diegò today. I think i need to be with my family

_________________
"Past and future veil God from our sight; burn both of them with fire."
-- Rumi, Sufi poet and teacher


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 am
Posts: 16
Hello All,
Despite my earlier post I am new to the site. I have been on subs almost 2 years now. I am currently trying to detach myself from this drug. Dont get me wrong it has saved my life, marriage and my family. But I am just tired of having to take something to feel good. My entire family has fallen to opiates. My parents both go to pain management and receive ridiculous amounts of opiates and benzos. I have two brothers who also struggle with addiction. Its kind of hard for me cuz sometimes I feel like I have no reliable honest support. Most of the time when my brothers call its to ask for favors (my subs) cuz they both struggle daily and my heart goes out to them cuz Ive been there and they are my blood. Which causes me to come up short with my supply but I digress.

I signed up for support. Anybody who needs it and to talk to people who do not have alterior motives. My town is like a black hole. Basically all my friends have addiction problems. My only clean friend moved to Pensacola FL. I moved out of my hometown with my family now Im here where I know not a soul. Which is good in my case, temptation is a bitch for me.

Im in a pretty bad spot now. I got laid off from my job and I am struggling finacially although by the grace of God Im getting by on unemployment checks and my Wife has a decent job that provides vital health insurance for me.

Anyways, basically I feel like shit. I dont feel like a man most of the time. Unemployed, having to take tainted medicine on a daily basis. I love my kids,and they love me. We are very close. My wife tries to understand but she has never done drugs in her life and she views any drug as very taboo. She tries to be supportive. My proudest days where the 5 years I served in the US Army. My son likes to tell everyone that. I think its because its the only thing he knows to tell about his dad. My drug addiction started a couple years after I returned home from overseas.

Sorry to babble just wanted to introduce myself. Im trying to muster the courage to quit this shit. Ive heard withdrawals can last up to a year. Im almost out of my subs and I dont go back to the doc for 8 days. Its my own fault but I hate to see my family in pain. I guess I have a bunch of issues. Thanks to anyone who took time to read.

NR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:03 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 641
Location: Toronto
Hi NR, sorry to hear about your struggles, but glad to hear that you're hanging in there and determined to move forward.

-- ji

_________________
"Past and future veil God from our sight; burn both of them with fire."
-- Rumi, Sufi poet and teacher


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:08 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:47 pm
Posts: 747
Hey nr, welcome. If you want, why dont you start a new thread where more people will see and respond to your questions, offer support and advice!!!

We all have the same struggles pretty much with opiates and subs and you will find everyone here friendly and supportive!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:15 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 am
Posts: 16
Thanks guys btw sorry about the post off subject trying to figure out how to start new threads. I wish I would have found this earlier

NR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:38 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 641
Location: Toronto
Hey NR, go to the 'stopping suboxone' link above the ad at the top of the page, and you can start a new thread from there.

-- ji

_________________
"Past and future veil God from our sight; burn both of them with fire."
-- Rumi, Sufi poet and teacher


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:50 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
NightRider32 wrote:
Hello All,
Despite my earlier post I am new to the site. I have been on subs almost 2 years now. I am currently trying to detach myself from this drug. Dont get me wrong it has saved my life, marriage and my family. But I am just tired of having to take something to feel good. My entire family has fallen to opiates. My parents both go to pain management and receive ridiculous amounts of opiates and benzos. I have two brothers who also struggle with addiction. Its kind of hard for me cuz sometimes I feel like I have no reliable honest support. Most of the time when my brothers call its to ask for favors (my subs) cuz they both struggle daily and my heart goes out to them cuz Ive been there and they are my blood. Which causes me to come up short with my supply but I digress.

I signed up for support. Anybody who needs it and to talk to people who do not have alterior motives. My town is like a black hole. Basically all my friends have addiction problems. My only clean friend moved to Pensacola FL. I moved out of my hometown with my family now Im here where I know not a soul. Which is good in my case, temptation is a bitch for me.

Im in a pretty bad spot now. I got laid off from my job and I am struggling finacially although by the grace of God Im getting by on unemployment checks and my Wife has a decent job that provides vital health insurance for me.

Anyways, basically I feel like shit. I dont feel like a man most of the time. Unemployed, having to take tainted medicine on a daily basis. I love my kids,and they love me. We are very close. My wife tries to understand but she has never done drugs in her life and she views any drug as very taboo. She tries to be supportive. My proudest days where the 5 years I served in the US Army. My son likes to tell everyone that. I think its because its the only thing he knows to tell about his dad. My drug addiction started a couple years after I returned home from overseas.

Sorry to babble just wanted to introduce myself. Im trying to muster the courage to quit this shit. Ive heard withdrawals can last up to a year. Im almost out of my subs and I dont go back to the doc for 8 days. Its my own fault but I hate to see my family in pain. I guess I have a bunch of issues. Thanks to anyone who took time to read.

NR


Try to avoid reading the nightmarish horror stories. Check out Trainer's "Doing It" thread on here for an example, her sub use was for years... she jumped at 2 mg, is doing very well, after a month. Mostly its mental stuff that is long term, but most of that is optional.

Check this out for some encouragement:

Quote:
What We Can Learn, We Can Unlearn

Neuroplasticity And Addiction Recovery

http://blog.smartrecovery.org/2011/09/0 ... n-unlearn/


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 75
There's nothing "nightmarish" about suboxone withdrawal. Being a drug addict, is nightmarish. Watching your hair fall out from sub is a nightmare. Watching your endorcrine system get fucked up,is a nightmare. Coming off sub is comoletely necessary if you want to be healthy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:55 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 641
Location: Toronto
Amen, M-Man. There's some discomfort, but nothing near 10% as bad as I feared.

-- ji

_________________
"Past and future veil God from our sight; burn both of them with fire."
-- Rumi, Sufi poet and teacher


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Hey Mojo, how are you doing today?

I saw your post about moving to Cali and I'm wondering how you're handling things today?

As for your addict friend calling you; you gotta level with him and tell him you're not using anymore and you need him to stop calling. If he calls again, threaten to call the police if you have to. Getting rid of as many triggers as you can right now is very important. Preparing for triggers (by knowing what you'll say if an addict friend calls) is important also.

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 75
Thanks john and rom.
Day 24??
-> Sleep is random, mostly normal. Appetite is coming back, may also be screwed up from a couple years of benzo use. Also, i sneeze like, 50 times a day. Other than the sneezing, i dont think have any protracted symptoms from sub. Oh yeah, the wierd detached, foggy state of mind is lifting more and more. All i know is that i get paid tomorrow and im going to the beach all weekend. Oh snap


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:52 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 am
Posts: 16
Ive been reading everyones comments about coming off subs. The situation is different for everybody. Some of you say it "wasnt" or "shouldnt"
be bad. I guess what gets on my nerves is when I hear someone tell someone else basically how they should feel coming off subs from experience of their own. I am not trying to raise a fuss just consider a few things about their recovery out of the normal spectrum.

Examples: Some of the more fortunate may can afford to take a little vacation from reality when they are coming off subs. Like people who may not be married, single with no kids still living at home etc. Dont get me wrong that is great you need the time to focus on yourself.

Then there are some of us who have to do it and still walk the line with work and families. There is a huge difference here that some people may not take into consideration when commenting on other peoples experiences coming off subs.

Someone said " coming off sub is not nightmarish...its being an addict that is nightmarish"
I agree somewhat.

All I can really say from my experience, is that trying to come off subs raise young children and being held accountable just as much as a sober person with relationships, finances and the day to day responsibilities of other people counting on you to get stuff done. Well, my friends that can be a very nightmarish situation when all your needs come last and the needs of others coming first.

I am say this because am going thru that very hard path. I feel trapped because my current responsibilites keep me from being able to take time off to get thru acute withdrawal symptoms. My question to the universe is how am I supposed to come off this stuff when I shant have the time to focus on me and my recovery. When I cant sleep or eat, have no energy, anxiety from hell with a house full of screaming kids and a wife who doesnt understand addiction. I love my kids with every ounce of my being, they cant possibly understand how bad their Father is hurting. I know I cant expect my wife to know how it is either.

I guess I just dont know what the hell to do. At times its like "man just anything for a few minutes of relief" crack a bottle. Anyway I can get a couple of hours of piece and quite, tell everyone to leave me alone and go to my room shut the door and drag the covers over my head. Thats not fair to my family but it doesnt seem quite fair to me either.

To anyone out there who can relate...does this seem like I am just bitching or am I in a legitimat jackpot with my recovery situation? I know I cant be the only one who has been through this.

Sorry for the rant its been a rough 48 hrs. Anyone who can take the time to reply I appreciate it.

NR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:21 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:41 am
Posts: 712
Location: Connected
NightRider32 wrote:


I am say this because am going thru that very hard path. I feel trapped because my current responsibilites keep me from being able to take time off to get thru acute withdrawal symptoms. My question to the universe is how am I supposed to come off this stuff when I shant have the time to focus on me and my recovery. When I cant sleep or eat, have no energy, anxiety from hell with a house full of screaming kids and a wife who doesnt understand addiction. I love my kids with every ounce of my being, they cant possibly understand how bad their Father is hurting. I know I cant expect my wife to know how it is either.

I guess I just dont know what the hell to do. At times its like "man just anything for a few minutes of relief" crack a bottle. Anyway I can get a couple of hours of piece and quite, tell everyone to leave me alone and go to my room shut the door and drag the covers over my head. Thats not fair to my family but it doesnt seem quite fair to me either.

To anyone out there who can relate...does this seem like I am just bitching or am I in a legitimat jackpot with my recovery situation? I know I cant be the only one who has been through this.

Sorry for the rant its been a rough 48 hrs. Anyone who can take the time to reply I appreciate it.

NR

Hey NR- I can ABSOLUTELY relate- I felt "trapped" for 8 long years. 2 young children, full time job, how in the HELL was I supposed to detox and 'function'?? I tried and failed many times.
What 'finally' worked for me (and I'm NOT saying this will work for anyone else) is prayer, patience, and a long slow taper.
Hang in there- I feel you!
BF

_________________
"BE the change that you wish to see in the world"

Mahatma Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coming off sub!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 am
Posts: 16
Your right. Im trying to jump and its just not the best choice. Prayer has been a constant in my life. I still cant help but feeling like Im being punished. To be honest my faith has worn.

Thank you for your reply. Looks like Im gonna have to dig in at some point and keep on the path.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group