It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Guys

This is my first post. I have been on OXI for a few months, and I decided to quit. I have a prescription for 7 days of SUBS, my fear is that when I finish the 7 days of subs will I have any withdrawls. At the moment I take 4mgs every morning to beat the OXI WD. I am thinking that after 5 days (right now I am on day 2) I should be past the OXI WD and I should stop taking the SUB. Bottom line what I really want to know is when is best to stop taking the SUB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Think of it this way, after only 5 days of suboxone, any withdrawals you'll feel will still be from the oxy. If you use sub as a quick detox tool, you want to taper down off it very quickly, dropping the dose regularly. Personally I think you started rather high (at 4 mg). I also think your 5 day schedule is very quick. Anyway, just remember, you won't be having w/d from sub after 5 days. You'll be using the sub as a tool to allow you to taper off the oxy. Personally, I don't recommend this kind of ultra-short usage of suboxone, but I'm sure others who have done it will come along to assist you. Best of luck to you. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: wow petty amazing
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello

All I got to say is that soboxone is very amazing. I was using 4mgs of soboxone for 4 days, on the morning of the 5th day I woke up and was laying in bed waiting for the crappy feeling to hit. After lying their for about 2 minutes I realized that i was feeling very good. I now have been off oxi and soboxone for 3 days, and I am here at working feeling awsome. I never imagined it would be this easy. Soboxone does actually really work. I was doing 4 to 5 40's a day since November.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you're doing well!! That's really good to hear. Suboxone has a very long half life - on average 37 hours (but up to 72). It's possible that you could feel withdrawals still, but it's not a given. You might be past the point of no return already. Could you check in with us in another 2-4 days and let us know how you're doing again? Every story is unique and yours will help others who come after you. Thanks for the update and I hope you continue to do well. Just remember, getting off opiates is the easy part. It's STAYING off them that's the hard part. Remain vigilant and stay aware that relapse is always a possibility with us opiate addicts. Triggers and cravings can surprise us and staying vigilant will protect us from those surprises that can lead us to relapse. I wish you the absolute best. You're doing great. Take care and keep us posted. 8)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.