It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No irribility here. Sorry if it came off that way. Thanks for the well wishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Still going pretty well for you, NJ Sub?

Kind of in the same boat myself; stretching out the last of my medication because I want to get done with it and not have to deal with all of the withdrawals later...went from a few days at 1mg to .5 last night and still fine, but I think I will try splitting it down even more. I start to get really "yawny", restless, stuffy-nosed, and sneeze like crazy (although, to be honest, I seem to have a sneezing fit at least once a day regardless). The thing that really makes me nervous, honestly, is that I don't have any medication to help once I get off the subs totally...my doctor is really, REALLY anal about prescribing benzos of any kind (starting to think maybe it's time for a new doctor, because I don't like feeling guilty or like a pill-popper because I need something to take the edge of the anxiety/restlessness...but I guess that's neither here nor there).

Anyways, didn't mean to hijack your thread and go off on a tangent...just curious how you're doing since I will soon be there! Hoping all is well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I used film and tapered to .25mg and skipped days, I only did that when my body was adjusted to the .25mg... and when I felt good after skipping for a few days I jumped, I probably went a week or two skipping doses before I jumped, I let my body get used to skipping days and my wd was bearable. I also switched to the 2mg strips so it was easier to cut the strip into .25 mg pieces. It worked for me thats all I know :)

My dr actually suggested the skipping of days and I saw it posted here as well and thought it would be good if nothing else to get me used to changing my ritual of waking up and dosing, but in my opinion it helped me. Whatever my opinion is worth and I have been sub free since april 15th.....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 4:

The biggest thing I noticed is the waking up at 5am. But it's not even that terrible. I gotta wake up at 7am for work anyway. so I'm pretty much whatever about that. I go to sleep by midnight. I take .01 mg clonidine a day (half in the morn and half in the eve) and it seems to be helping a lot. I go to work on hot rooftops and do strenuous work and I don't feel my lethargy killing me if I'm moving and working. I'm actually quite amazed at how easy this is going physically.

Mentally I dunno. I just got out of a relationship with a girl I was in love with so I dont know if I'm depressed from that or depressed from that AND the withdrawal.

At night I usually get a little anxious or restless about an hour before bed. then I take some clonidine and go to bed.

On average is the worst I'm feeling now the worst I'm gonna feel? When does the acute withdrawal peak...on average?

This withdrawals are like a 4/10. 10 being dope sick straight off heroin.

Post subject: NJ sub,how are you doing
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey! just want to know how you have been doing since the jump?Let us know,I hope you are well.

Post subject: Day 15
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok. So it's Day 15 going on Day 16 and I gotta tell you, I'm astonished how easy this is going. I'm not depressed, I'm not anxious or nervous about how tomorrow will be. I just feel, I dunno, regular. I have occasional aches and pains and I'm tired, but I think I'm tired like a normal person is tired. My most glaring symptom is sneezing and a slight runny nose (Big deal, right?). I'm working 8+ hour days doing hard labor on roof tops in the heat and It's just business as usual. I live by the beach and have been going whenever I can. Swimming, being active, etc. I went to the bar the other night and had a couple drinks and went dancing with some chipper young ladies. I'm laughing, having fun. I don't know how else to explain it.

If you want to jump. Get to .25 mg and stay there, for a while. I was on .25 for months and months. I can't even remember how long i was on .25. I just grabbed the bottle from my last script. It was fifteen 2 mg bupenorphine generic and I had it filled on 4/5/11 and made it last until July 17, 2011 when I jumped and I'm pretty sure I was on .25 a day for at least a couple weeks before that. Go even lower if you can. Razor knife that shit. Get it down to nothing. Skip days. Just power through your last doses to condition yourself for the jump. It's mental and physical.

I know I'm not totally better. There are some days I feel worse and there are days I feel better. But the important thing is that I'm functioning and I'm happy and that's all you can ask for in life.

As for clonodine. I have to say it helped. I took my last half of a .01 mg today. Didn't take any saturday or sunday. and was only taking half a .01 mg a day for like a week before that so I don't think I'll miss it too much (knock on wood).

Will update this if anything changes for the worse or better. If you don't see an update assume I'm doing good. No offense to you guys. But I don't want to think about this part of my life at all If I dont have too.

Thank you to everyone for the information and support. I don't have anyone in my life I can relate and talk to about this on the same level I was dealing with it. The closest I get are people who know people who say this or that or some other bullshit. Thank you for helping me through this. As I think I'm almost through.

-Nj Sub 24/m/NJ 4 years off Heroin, 15 days off Bupenorphine. And doing great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My thoughts and what I have read"skipping days" is not about willpower,but kind of letting the half life catch up with you.Some skip 1 day,then 2 etc.Yes...I really wish the pills were "scored" it would make things allot easier..really it's not perfect math ,but odds are type of thing.Crumbs seem to be working for allot of people.And damn,if clonidine does the trick,use it.I dont like to even think about xanax,unless that is if it becomes so unbearable,it's the only solution,that stuff scares the hell out of me.I don't know at this point if I could handle another w/d after I am done with the 1st one.Savana?( I apologize if the name is wrong) are you able to take the xanax on a schedule where there would be no withdrawals? It seems like that is allot to experience,like where did the opiate w/d end and benzo w/d"s begin.Kinda hard to rule out one or the other as far as length and severity of each... some symptoms can mimic each-other ..let me know how you are doing and NJ sub as well.Best of luck to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Great to hear, NJSub...cheers!

Post subject: doing the same
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mg113 wrote:
I used film and tapered to .25mg and skipped days, I only did that when my body was adjusted to the .25mg... and when I felt good after skipping for a few days I jumped, I probably went a week or two skipping doses before I jumped, I let my body get used to skipping days and my wd was bearable. I also switched to the 2mg strips so it was easier to cut the strip into .25 mg pieces. It worked for me thats all I know :)

My dr actually suggested the skipping of days and I saw it posted here as well and thought it would be good if nothing else to get me used to changing my ritual of waking up and dosing, but in my opinion it helped me. Whatever my opinion is worth and I have been sub free since april 15th.....

so i am on the 2mg strips as of this week and am going to cut down to .25 mg minimum- then jump. i am also gonna skip days when i stabilize there. my question is what were your wd like and how long was the worst of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:31 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

NJ Sub, wow. this is the post that I need to see and certainly one I want to see when I get down to 0.25. Tell me this, how long were on Sub total up to this point and how often did you make a decrease. What were your symptoms like between decreases. This is way cool to see someone breeze through. Great job, Whoo Hoo!
Anita

Post subject: 30 something day update.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. I'm at 30 something days off subs and I'm feeling great. The sneezing has almost totally gone away and now my only symptom is that im just a little more tires then I was when I was on subs. Still a breeze of a jump though. I feel like this past month just flew by.

Anita, I was on suboxone for 4 years. I started at 16 mgs. then a couple months later went to 8. then to 4 then to 2 etc. Once I got to .25 mg I stayed on that for months. at least 8 months. I didn't feel any taper withdrawals that I remember anyway. My advice is to just work yourself to .25 a day and just stay there for awhile before coming off.

Good luck everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 am 
YAY! You go Rock Star!

robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

thats amazing. i cant seem to get past 3mg without feeling like im in wd. i may ween to 2mg and then jump in dec after the semester. congrats!