It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all, I have not made a post in quite sometime and my life was fucked up for about 6 months. I was on sub over a year and doing fine. Then last December my fiancé took our 2 kids and left me ( nothing to do with drugs) clearly I was not in a good state of mind. Then I go to my doctor and they tell me I will have one more visit then all the patients are released. I was like wtf! Can anything get any fucking worse? When I went in the next time I found out the doctor was accused of sexual misconduct and got his license suspended 3 years at least. So not only was I scared of withdrawal,I had lost my family and really did not give a shit about anything. Well it did happen, I relapsed. I got right back on M3s and that got so expensive that I made the switch to dope. I was pretty dam miserable. I eventually banged some bad dope and knew I had to stop. Well last week I found a sub doc. Only problem is they don't take insurance and it is almost 2 hours one way. But what can I do clearly I can't stop opiates. I have got some sub off the street and I start back on august 1. You know what really sucks? I have a feeling that I will be on a opiate for life! I have to say I'm really hope I can get on probuphine whenever the hell it comes out. I really like that fact I get it put in and don't have to deal with it for 6 months. But ya know I bet that shit will be expensive as hell. Thank you everyone

Post subject: Welcome Back
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:08 pm 

Good to see ya back dude. How long have you been gone? It seems like only a few months since your last post but a lot can happen in that time.

Too bad you can't find one who'll take insurance. You must live in a small town if the only one is two hours away. At least you can try to get double the amount you take so it will last two months instead of paying every 30 days. That sucks and I don't know what I'd do in your shoes. And even with me living in a fairly large city there is only one who takes my insurance. Same thing when I lived in Cali. Called them all and only found one.

Keep checking every month as new doctors are added constantly. (I'm guessing here) It doesn't hurt to try.

Once more, Welcome Back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I remember reading when that shit went down thesphinx. I'm glad u r back on sub, don't sweat if ur gonna have to be on bupe forever, you dont know what will happen in your life. Just get as far away from using as possible right now. :) good things will come.

Good luck,

Glen b

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: REPLY FROM SLIPPER
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Welcome back.

I would tell you to drive the 2 hours one way and do without everything else to afford to see this sub doc. Get back
on sub the right way with the doc and like someone said maybe he will give you a 2 or 3 mo. supply.
Then you will have something to take to take away the cravings for drugs..
I used to drive further than that to just get the drugs!!

Don't worry about being on sub for life;;;and it being an opiate...It will save your life and who cares how long your on it?
I don't even think about it being an opiate..I just know after 29 years of addiction hell, it saved my life and I was just about in your shape...lots of bad things happening to me...You have to be sober for things to get better...and they will get better.
I am sorry about your family and I know you must be depressed as hell right now but there is one thing you can do for
you..and that is to see that sub doc...I don't know how long I will be on bup, but if I quit now, I would be right back
out there...and I am not doing that again...I don't have to live like that anymore@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Good luck to you and keep us posted...

Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WELCOME BACK :wink:

Im sorry things suck for you right now.......

I do honestly believe they will get better, as long as you try :wink:

Please try and stay positive, and slipper is right, do whatever you have to, becuz you ARE worth it.........

seems like H was the turning point for me, too. I knew it was 'bad' at that point. (but you know IVing o.c. wasnt) LOL

anyways, keep fighting :D

we're all here in your corner

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you all! I appreciate your support and kindness. It has been a very shitty past 7 months. But I things are starting to look better. I went to my new doctor today and have started back on subs. I also hope to become moe involved with posting lol.