It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I use the 8-2 mg Suboxone film. I hated the taste, the length of time it took to dissolve, and the inconsistent amount of the drug that was getting into my body day by day.

So, I started doing this:

I set an alarm for 1 hour before I have to actually get up. I take my blood pressure meds with a sip of water, then place the film under my tongue and close my mouth. I try to create a vacuum in my mouth by "sucking out" all the air, water, and saliva in my mouth. Then I lie down and go back to sleep. I set my alarm so that I make sure I wake up in an hour. When I wake up, the film is gone, and I just brush my teeth to get any leftover taste out of my mouth.

It really works for me. I know there are some of you who have questions such as "What if my mouth opens while I'm asleep?", or "How do you know you don't just swallow it while you're sleeping?". So on, and so forth. Feel free to PM me or reply to this message and I'll answer any questions that I can. I'm NOT a doctor. But my doctor says that the levels of the drug in my urine screens are consistent (which means I'm getting the proper dosage into my body), so she says it's fine for me to dose this way. You should always talk to your own doctor, or the subdoc here, before taking any advice or suggestions from me or others.

I hope this helps. Peace.

kjane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:27 pm 

Thanks, kjane, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your idea!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:21 pm 

Hi Kjane and welcome! I too wake up, dose, and go back to sleep. When I wake up, I feel achey and blah. I don't know if this is a sub thing although, others have said the same. So, I avoid all of that by dosing and going back to sleep for a bit. It works for me!