It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay this question is similar to a lot but I've been reading for days and I'm exhausted. Can anyone give me straight forward advice?

I went 50 hours without anything and I was ready to take my first dose of subs. I wasn't sure if I was ready according to the COWS scale but I couldn't handle it any longer.
I took my very last Norco pills on Saturday (50mg) around 3. The first night wasn't bad, I took a gabapentin and a .25 Xanax. Sunday wasn't so bad either, it was uncomfortable but my heart rate wasn't fast, pupils not dilated, no stomach cramps,etc.. just major irritability, anxiety and goose flesh skin... It's bed time I take another gabapentin and .25 Xanax , this doesn't help, I take another gabapentin that doesn't help.. I didn't sleep all night, my leg was killing me (I wanted to cut it off) and the rls was off the charts ( like usual).. I get out of bed and move down stairs around 8 am I'm pretty uncomfortable at this point but still no stomach cramps/ poop, barely any sweat, just the same chills, anxiety rls. Still not high on the COWS sheet but I'm ready to start right around 5 making it 50 hours since my last dose...
Then I do something so freaking stupid I TOOK 30 mg of NORCO my neighbor gave me.... Whyyyy? I'm in tears right now.. I'm so mad at myself.
Do I have to go another 50 hours for a measly 30mg? I keep reading so many CONFILCTiNG Stories and it makes it so hard for me because even though I'm uncomfortable I'm still not reaching very high on cows even at 50 hours... Or was I ready earlier than I thought? We're the comfort meds screwing me up?

What are your honest thoughts? maybe the 100mg I took every day wasn't that much and I'll never go through terrible w/d?! I think back to all the times I've had to detox and they were never that bad, I always worked my desk job through it etc.
any help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:27 am 

Wanted to let you know that I deleted your duplicate post for you. Welcome to the forum.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh sorry. Computer glitch, I didn't even notice :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Also, on the cows sheet it states:

Prior to induction patient must abstain from all short acting opioid for 12 to 24 hours and/ORhave objective with drawl symptoms sufficient to produce a score of 5 to 24 on cows

So is this correct? Or not? I keep reading so many conflicting stories and advice.
I'm sitting in bed. It's 3:30 am and I'm so mad at myself ugh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

It depends on your doc. If norco was it, then 24 ish hrs should be good. The longer acting opiates like opana, fentanyl, and methadone need extra time to clear your system.
For the short acting opiates like Norco I think the official recommendation is 24-36hrs just to be safe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:27 am 

Hey Jomama,
I think even with the xtra 30mg dose you have taken, you are close. From what you ve said
about past detoxes sounds to me if you wait 12 to 18 hour after this last dose you should be ready. Keep an eye on your pupils, when your wd simptoms return as they were before you can begin.
Slowly of course..2mgs at a time..
These are my opinion s from my experience s.. keep posting to us....

Razor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:51 pm 

I agree with Razor again :)

I was taking over 150mg of oxycodone a day and waited 32 hrs before my induction and was good to go. Of course I was in full withdrawal. I don't know why ur withdrawal isn't as bad as u thought it would be but regardless 50 hrs is a pretty long wait for a Norco tolerance, but if u weren't scoring high on the COWS scale I understand why u were waiting.

So u took 30mg of Norco, don't beat urself up, it happens. Sometimes we do crazy things lol. I think if u wait around 12 to 24 hrs like razor suggested, u should be fine to start ur induction. But if I were u, I'd start low, at 2mg a time every 30-45 minutes. U may not need a very high dose since ur withdrawal wasn't to bad.

Please keep us updated on ur progress and good luck :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
What are your honest thoughts? maybe the 100mg I took every day wasn't that much and I'll never go through terrible w/d?! I think back to all the times I've had to detox and they were never that bad, I always worked my desk job through it etc.
any help would be appreciated

Some people just don't get that sick it seems. 50 hours is a lot for a short acting opiate based on what I've read. For some people mild WD is likely enough since this is what the manufacturer recommends (mild to moderate, except perhaps for long acting opiates. For methadone they suggest a taper to 30 mg's I think it is then at least 96 hours off completely.)

Since your history is that you don't get too sick, if it were me I'd just wait another 12 - 24 hours as razor and jenn advice and then go for it (given the extra dose. Don't beat yourself up for that by the way! We're addicts. We're practically required to
do dumb things from time to time. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:49 pm 

Jormama? Whats going on? Have you inducted yet?????

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I feel ya on the cows thing, and some people don't get severe withdrawal symptoms. If you could work your desk job through it, you're one of them. I also didn't get severe stomach issues. 50 I would think, is plenty from a short acting opiate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

razor55 wrote:
Hey Jomama,
I think even with the xtra 30mg dose you have taken, you are close. From what you ve said
about past detoxes sounds to me if you wait 12 to 18 hour after this last dose you should be ready. Keep an eye on your pupils, when your wd simptoms return as they were before you can begin.
Slowly of course..2mgs at a time..
These are my opinion s from my experience s.. keep posting to us....
Razor

Pupils are suppose to be big, Right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

pugmommy wrote:
I feel ya on the cows thing, and some people don't get severe withdrawal symptoms. If you could work your desk job through it, you're one of them. I also didn't get severe stomach issues. 50 I would think, is plenty from a short acting opiate.

I still get really uncomfortable but not as uncomfortable as others apprently ..I really don't want to have to wait another 50 hours. I was thinking tomorrow at two will be about 24 hours. I'm hoping to take it then. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I haven't inducted yet. Tomorrow at 2 will be 24 hours and I plan to do it then :) I hope. But if I feel good or decent I'm going to be really scared to start. Have been kicking myself in the butt all day for messing up. So I'm sitting around paying my dues :)
Watching tv.. I honestly might not even start till either tomorrow night or then next day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for responding today. I will keep you posted tomorrow :) I hope I can sleep and that I wake up feeling like crap :) I'm going to go read some positive stories to amp myself up :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:29 pm 

You can definitely do this!! All of us had to get through it too, so we understand how nerve wracking and tough the wait can be.

I just wanted to let you know that I took my last percocet about 60 hours before induction. I never had diarrhea or vomiting. It wasn't fun but the worst part was the aches and pains for me.

We will be keeping track of your progress so keep posting!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Amy! And everyone..
Yeah I never vomit. And thankfully for that because it's my biggest fear. I get irrational anxiety about it all the time lol.
Tmi- I had like one soft stool with zero cramping.
I'm really confused. So it's been 24 hours since I've taken anything and I don't really feel that bad. This was my time line

100-130 mg For months... Then I took my last .50... Then I didn't take anything for those 50 hours .. then I slipped up with 30mg and then I had one left and took it in am (stupid again but it was there and even though I didn't feel a thing I took it)
So now it's been over 24 hours and I really don't feel bad at all. I have an achey leg, and I'm bored with zero energy. I had an awful achey leg last night and rls like crazy but that all went away when I woke up. Well the rls not the achy leg.. That's still here.

Do you think I'm going to get much worse? I'm so confused. Now I'm even questioning if I should take the subs?
Time will tell I suppose. I'll know by the by evening. Maybe I'll start tomorrow at the 48 hour mark. I'm just so worried about the cravings. For a second I thought, hmm I don't really have any cravings but then shortly after I'm thinking, I wonder if that script is coming through today? Ughhhhh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

On second thought, I think I might take it.
After I sent the email the thoughts started swirling about make a phone call. My biggest hurdle.

After reading my time line above and symptoms what are your thoughts on me taking it? Meaning when do you think I am safe to take it.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jormama,

'Now I'm even questioning if I should take the subs?' You answered your own question 3 times in this thread. 2 times by slipping w more of your doc, norco and then by real awareness of your next Norco script. For folks w a lower tolerance we'll say to try to taper off their doc. But when that can't or won't or isn't going to happen, then you know the answer = induct on bup.
What does your Dr. advise?
Wishing you my best, P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Haha I tend to ramble. I see what you're saying though.

I don't know my dr might be mad at me and I may need to find a new one. I've been sitting on this script for 3 weeks now. I have them here with me. I was suppose to go back in 7 days later (induct at home) but I called and cancelled and told them I would call back.

Anyhow, he didn't really say anything except to tell me my dose and to wait until I'm in w/d
The problem is that I can't gauge my withdrawal because I feel like I never go into full withdrawal like other people. Even after 50 hours my pupils weren't dialated and and my heart rate was not fast (pounding and heavy but not fast). Like wtf?
And I'm only taking Norco. I figure it should be gone out of my system quickly.

I weigh 185.. Maybe I have a slow metabolism? Idk. I went cold turkey once before.. I felt pretty damn normal after 5 days.. Just anxiety..

I really think 24 hours should be good enough, I had rls last night really bad and the cows sheet does say 24 hours OR a 5 to 20 something.
Thoughts? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Omg are we the same person? I never vomit either, haven't since 1976 lol.it is also a fear of mine. I personally feel you are fine to indict though I'm no doctor. Please don't cave and take Norco, please update!