It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hahah! I'm not the only one. Pheww :)

I do love pugs! My mom has pugs and I have a Puggle!

Just got back from a long drive with her listening to music. Things seem to feel better when I do that if I don't listen to songs that make me cry. Haha plus the car heater is like 100x better than the house heater and I'm freezing!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 pm 

Many doctors understand that addicts have a hard time making the switch sometimes. Personally, that's why I think that suboxone doctors should require you to do the induction in the office.

I think that you should get started. Your language is telling me that you may be getting close to backsliding.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If definitely thinking about starting like nowish because you are right Amy :) and I dodged another bullet today but tomorrow who knows. I'm just super nervous. I just got done reading that damn cows sheet again and although I feel uncomfortable I'm nowhere close to that damn sheet. Like wth.. I'm so annoyed. I'm all
Alone too. I'll see if my dad can come over.

What do I do if j get PW?!?? I'm going to start at .5
If I do get it, do you think it will only last like an hour? I do not want today to be the day I puke :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jormama,

I think Amy's right about the danger of backsliding, as you seem to acknowledge. I was in a similar situation, just into the later stages of mild, but it had been 31 hours and I was told to go 24 so I put the first half tape in my mouth.

I did have PW, which is the bad news The good news is it lasted only 2 hours and while it was far from fun, I got through it. And I'm not a brave person. If you get PW I'm going to go out on a limb and predict it will be along the same lines...

However I'll go out on another limb and predict you're induction will be quite smooth. Based on all you've said, including about your history of not getting too sick in WD, I just think it's going to be fine.

There's a lot of collective experience and wisdom here (though I'm still new). But listen to Amy and the others. It seems like it's about time, eh?

Best wishes,
Godfrey

P.S. I did not throw up. Also, if you get PW just continue dosing in the amounts your doctor advised.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 am 

I think if you start at 1 or 2 mg and wait 40 minutes in between you'll be fine. Keep going up until you feel very normal and not experiencing any withdrawal symptoms. When I started in my doctor's office they gave me 8mg and then 4 more. I left the doctor's office feeling great at 12 mg. Later that evening I had about a 20 minute period of feeling a slight case of PWs. I laid down, called my doctor (who was available for me at any hour until I stabilized) and he told me to take 4 mg more. I'm not sure that I totally needed it, but it did make me feel better right away.

Good luck!
Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:42 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I just started induction last Monday. I was taking up to 20-25 Norco per day. When I went into the doctor's office for the first dosing it was 18 hours since my last use. I was in moderate withdrawal at that point. Within 15 minutes of taking my first sub I felt so much better! I wouldn't wait 50 hours