It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Colon cleanse
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I recommend using an enema twice a week to keep our colons healthy. It will cleanse the toxins in our colon that build up from not being as regular as a normal person. To me going to the bathroom once a day isn't enough, because I used to go 2-3 times a day when I was opioid free. So cleansing the colon to me is a good way to keep my colon healthy in my mind. These toxins that build up can probably cause colon cancer, so I would think it would be wise for a sub patient to keep their colons clean by making an epsom salt enema.

Depending on your dose and diet you may have to deal with the side effect of constipation while taking bupe on a consistent basis. My dose varies, and I will admit that I haven't been consistent with my dose for about 6 months. The most I will take in one day is 4mg, but I usually will take 2-3mg in a day. I have a problem with self medicating with suboxone actually at the moment. I have tried tapers without success in the past and have been down to as low as 0.5 mg. I didn't rush the tapers either but I didn't exactly taper at my brains pace to heal when I got to the 0.5mg level. The problem with me when I get to the lower doses, I miss the opioid effect of the higher subox doses and end up spiking. So I deal with constipation almost at least once a week. I have a good system though that I use to keep my colon healthy and I recommend everyone to do this, even if you don't have regular constipation issues. I'm sure most of you heard of Epsom salt. You can buy it almost anywhere and it isn't expensive.

The ingredient in it is magnesium sulfate. It has many uses but it is especially effective for making a safe enema to use a few times a week. What I do is, I just buy regular enemas in those disposable squeeze bottles with long slender projections and empty them out. I use the empty plastic squeeze bottle to put the epsom salt in, and I don't throw this plastic squeeze bottle away again. I just keep it clean by washing it after use. What I do is a take 5 heaping table spoons of epsom salt crystals and mix it with bottled water in my refrigerator. You can use tap water too but I like bottled water better. So I mix the 5 tablespoons with very little water in a short glass and I put it in the microwave for a few minutes. This will turn it into a solution. I then pour the hot contents into the empty plastic squeeze enema bottle, and it usually fills it half way. I fill the rest of the bottle with cold water so it won't burn me later. I shake it and it is ready to go.