It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I received two inbox messages Today from people that felt they are in comparable situations as mine and asked for advice, and to offer there own support in my quest to quit this. It made me quite happy. It's not often you can say you're really helping someone and it's amazing that my short-time here has compelled people to reach out and ask. I really appreciated it, and I love the thought of offering support and insight. There are definitely some other people on the forum that could probably offer better insight and better advice then myself yet when you feel a connection to a particular story it compells you to learn more.

I respect that, and I'll be here long past the point of my W/D and possible PAWS. When you find something that helps motivate you, there is no reason to let it down. This is one of the view things that I've been motivated to keep up with. I don't know if that's sad, but it's kept my cognitive mind alive.

Keep them coming! They help me as much as they help you!

- WantToBeFREE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you have a fever you should seriously consider that you might actually have a cold or flu-like virus and keep treating it with Advil and the like. That sucks on top of WD but on the bright side you might actually be feeling much better sooner (because the cold was making it worse). I think you know to be careful with the Xanax. Try the clonidine first (a while before bed) and see if you feel like you might sleep. If not take a Xanax. If it doesn't work take a 2nd one, but I would hesitate to take 3. You didn't say what strength they are.
Some antidepressants like Wellbutrin and Effexor are pretty stimulating, so take that in the morning. Think long term for the AD and short term for the Xanax (it's so f'ing dangerous for addicts). I hope I'm not giving too much unwanted advice, but I really want you to succeed. I'm right behind you - hoping to go off again this spring.
Hang in there,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Lilly,

I'm not going to fill the xanax or anti-depressant scripts. I figured they were going to hand them out since they always do. I really only wanted the clonidine. I'm very happy I received it.

Trying to be you know, ALLLLLLL Naturalllll ;).

I've already spent so much $ last thing I need to do is spend more on two scripts, both addictive I'm sure. I'd rather stick with the clonidine.

Thank you for the input, I do appreciate it, and I appreciate the continued support! I will be egging you on this Spring :).

--- I'll take my temperature tonight, I've really not felt any Flu like symptoms. Well who really damn knows with everything going on with your body. I literally didn't want to sit down in the office room. I put one of the nifty masks on. They asked If I had flu symptoms, I told them no. They asked why I had a mask on, I told them to protect me from everyone else!

Now I'm coughing and feel like I've got Malaria mixed with SARS. Hypocondriac portion of the brain is indeed ON!

I'll right an indepth day 8 later, heading home from work now!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Withdrawals
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Free,

I am along with you here in the land of misery. I am on day 29 sub free. It is a rollercoaster to say the least. I have had the comfort medications mentioned and cannot imagine how you are doing it without so I have to day wow, that is something. I have a few days recently where I felt better then crashed to feeling like shit again, it is so frustrating. I know for me a day feeling like this seems to last a week and since Dec 11, my last dose, I feel like I have been in rerun mode of feeling like hell.

I guess we need to just keep holding on and something has to change, I just feel so weak and stupid and tired and depressed. I am hating life right now. I really hope you are able to get some Clonidine, it does at least help you get some sleep. Believe it or not I got some motion sickness pills and they let me sleep for a few hours also, and Unisom a few hours also. I just keep switching around things to take to sleep just to get some.

I hope you are pulling through as I am, it is really really hard I know. I wish I had known.

Cam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Cam,

I'm sorry to hear its still misery at day 29. I actually was recommended unisom today at work. Picked it up, why not. What's the number one thing bugging you right now? Mine is definitely 8 days with like 4 hours total sleep. It's just horrible. Makes me so frustrated. Cam you're so close to the misery fading. Keep strong, you're basically knocking on the door by now. I read you couldn't remember Christmas, its overrated anyhow :). Treat yourself to a massage, it really got my endorphins going once they started applying pressure. Treat yourself to something you love. I think overall It's worse when I dread how horrible it is. I'm peaking in my withdrawals, but still find little ways to make myself happy. Keep me updated fellow guinea pig. We will conquer this together!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

3 hours from Day nine. I would say time is flying by, but that's a lie. Do YOU want to live an eternity? Want to never age and feel time come to a complete stop, try our recently patented Suboxone Withdrawals! They're all the rage.

Day - 8 Well I still have to say my absolute worst days were 4 & 5. I was basically having full blown anxiety attacks those days. I'm feeling pretty -ok- today. If sleep wasn't an issue I'd say 80% of normal feeling. Because I've not slept ill say 55%. Today I managed to bolt on lunch to the doctor's office, got offered plenty of drugs and finished the work day. I actually had most of my team at work nagging on me about this sleep regimen and this sleep regimen. " eat peanut butter & drink milk, you won't need no medicine" yeah ok. Let me know how that goes. I started the day with a little anxiety. Quite a bit of depression. My co workers really fixed that today though. I haven't had so many laughs in a long time. Nearly the entire department was laughing. Loved it. Felt normal, dare I say enjoyed myself. Tons of endorphins from constant laughter. I guess after 8 days without sleep your mind resorts to some very basic instincts. Comedy has always been my strong side.

Got off work at 430, went and dropped off my Clonidine script. Felt like I was doing a straight /Romeo by ignoring my other scripts. It feels good to be able to say no. Rebel from the doctor! Picked up my 4 month old baby boy from my wifes parents house and sat in the car with him for about 20 minutes. Talking to him. Reminding him how much he means to me. How he's my little everything. - he's actually crying now so ill finish this up in a bit!

-Edit - Put on finding nemo, he's obsessed with it. No idea why.

Day 8 continued - It's been a little up and down. Down in the night, for Damn sure. Up during the day. Overall this is cake compared to day 4. I never thought I'd be able to say that on day 8. Biggest thing from Today is the clonidine, its given me some hope. Lowered my anxiety a little just from getting it. I'm thankful for that.

If you're one of the people looking for motivation, I'm 2 hours now from Day 9! I'm excited. It's gotten easier. It's tough, but I'm no super hero. I want to break and quit all the time. But I've convinced myself that my life will be better without them. I really deep down think it will. If you're out their lurking and you need advice or motivation send me an inbox. I enjoy helping, it actually helps with my own recovery. Were all here for one reason or the other. Maybe its just to watch WTBF be a guinea pig, or see how long the human body can go without sleep ;). Either way I'm feeling positive about the future. if this is my withdrawals peaking, I'm feeling good about this.

and that's day 8 in a nutshell.

much love, WantToBeFREE!

Post subject: Hell yeah dude!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow mad props to you Andrew...and Cam! You're kicking some serious ass and it's great to hear how positive you are staying. I just wanted to drop you a quick note and hope everyone keeps the encouragement up. I know you need it, I can't imagine what you're going through, so hang in there brotha! No one's telling you it's going to be easy, we're telling you you it will be WORTH IT!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks A lot south jax :) you live in the same city as me if your name follows your location! I most definitely feel its going to be worth it, and I know Cam sure does. 29 days killing it! Thanks for dropping by man It's appreciated. I was just starting to feel a little down too! Motivation, it keeps you going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Day 9 has began! And already I have news. Bathroom functions have returned to normal! ;) best news all day!

Lol, I should probably try to get some sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Clonidine is a medication used to lower your blood pressure. If you take three at a time, you may not wake up, you Ding Dong!!!

My dose was .1mg twice daily. How many mg's is your dose?

The first couple times I took Clonidine, it made me sleepy fairly quickly, but then like Lilly said, I needed to start taking them a bit earlier to get the same sedative effect. You may have to monkey around with the time you take them to find how they work best for you.

I'm really glad to hear that comedy is your strong suit too. IMO, that helps a lot. Have you checked out the "Laugther is the Best Medicine" thread yet? I think it's in the Misc section? The Missing Missy thing is ridiculously hilarious!!!

Last edited by Romeo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hahaha yes and that right there is the reason I waited to take it! Mine is also .1, so ill go ahead and gobble it now and see how this works out. Amazingly I haven't yet seen that thread, I think the bupe to my cat thread threw me off...LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, the Bupe to her cat thread gave me a good chuckle too. I was just picturing someone trying to shove a pill under their cats tongue and trying to convince the cat to hold it there.....LOL!!! Uh, I swear, sometimes my mind is just straight up silly, but I like it that way!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 am 
Keep it up my friend. I went 5 days without subs at 8mg a day C.T and flipped out and went right back on it. You are doing a awesome job. Keep in mind that you never have to go through those nightmareish days behind you as long as you stay on the road your on. I'm pushing for ya bro

Post subject: WD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Free,

Am so happy you were able to get the clonidine, it should help quite a bit. For me right now the depression, lack of motivation and mental fog is the worst. I had tried to start back with my degree am so close but could not do the reading and remember what I was reading. I guess I feel disconnected. I have been prone to depression my whole life so it is hittig me hard. I did go get a massage several days ago and it was nice. I am also getting weekly acupuncture and taking supplements. It is just the lack of wanting to do anything. Its up then down again. driving me nuts.
In reading your last post, you mentioned being able to use the restroom finally. I never did with my withdraw, had to take several laxatives over the last three weeks, so strange. I actually wanted that symptom, it is like your body is cleansing its self.
Well I hope you are doing alright, it does get better it just seems like it takes a long while and the days are just soooo long.

Cam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo - You need a silly mind for this forum. The I'm literally dying from these wd would start to take a toll after awhile without a sense of humor!

Will430 - I really appreciate it man. 8mg is a huge jump, you should definitely taper it down some before trying again. From reading other posts and experiences it seems to help a lot of people. I'm sure its nowhere near as intense as 8mg freefallin. Are you looking to stop again here in the future? You should make a thread and show your progress, it really does help! When I'm sitting here miserably bored or anxious or unmotivated I read what day 4 was like in comparison. It's got nothing on day 9 :). Try cutting your dose from 8mg to 6mg, possibly even 4 and go from there. It may suck a little at first, but nowhere near as bad as cold turkey. I feel like cold turkey is a pretty stupid option, but by far the quickest! Anyhow thank you again for the support and kind words, they keep me motivated!

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here's a link to the "Laughter is the Best Medicine" thread....Missing Missy is on the first page, a few scrolls down.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3334

Did ya get any sleep last night? Is the Clonidine helping at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good Morning Romeo,

I'll take a look in just a minute on that thread, I can't wait to bust out laughing at work.

I actually did, when I do my full write-up of day 9 I'll go more indepth, I got about 3 hours. Which is like 3 days when you haven't slept in 4 days.

Haha,

I was quite excited about it. I think I'm going crazy. Either way, Sleep is Sleep! I'm really unsure If I got back to sleep after those 3 hours. I remember laying on the STUPID DEVIL COUCH because my RLS was going insane after those 3 hours.

I'm going to need another massage soon. Couches are not made for sleeping weeks at a time on.

WantToBeFREE FROM THE COUCH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hahahahahaha -------- If I could feel this way the entire time Withdrawls would be considered a joke in themselves! Thank you Romeo, that thread absolutely made my day, and I'm sure will kick off a great weekend!

I appreciate it buddy!

-Edit so I don't overpost the crap out of this thread - Something Else I wanted to point out, This thread hit 1,000 views today. In less than 6 days. That's incredible. Motivation Baby! Keeping it going.

You Can Do Whatever You Put Your Mind Too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good morning Cam I missed your post earlier, I've found that I can normally manage an upbeat mood. Something I wasn't able to do a few days ago. At all. I'm sorry the mental fog is bothering you so much. Something I use to take awhile ago when I needed some substance motivation was adderal. ADHD Medicine. Now obviously I'm not saying pick up a new habit, but I never felt they were all that addictive, nothing like opiates, and they really can boost your mind and mood. It's like being the energizer bunny. A focus machine. Maybe something to talk to your doc about. I've got some but I've not tried them as of yet. Thought it might not be safe based on how little sleep I've gotten.

I can promise you didn't miss out on anything IBS related. Seriously. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Finally! Longest work week of my Damn life. Weekend baby!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next