It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I've been on 4 mg of Suboxone a day for about six months now, and I've been experiencing sudden onsets of nausea, cold sweats, and light-headedness for a couple months. Also the typical cold sweats at night though I thought that would be done by now. But these nausea/cold sweat attacks usually happen randomly all throughout the day, though I've noticed I'm more prone to them while eating or after. It lasts about ten to twenty minutes. I've talked to my suboxone doctor about it and he said some people are more prone to sweating on subs but the medicine they would prescribe for it had even more uncomfortable side effects so its not worth it, but I don't think he understands how severe or debilitating it could be. I don't get much time to speak with him either as he works at a clinic. There is also the possibilty its not suboxone related but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.

- Markie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I did sweat a LOT on suboxone. But it wasn't a cold sweat, I was hot. I did get my doctor to prescribe something to prevent the sweats, but it was very uncomfortable. The doc was right, I hated the medication to stop the sweating more than I hated the sweating. From what I remember, it gave me a killer headache and made me feel all dried out. I'm not sure about your other symptoms though. The only time I ever got nausea and light headedness on subs was when I stopped taking them in an attempt to go off the medication, and then went back on a week later because I couldn't tough out the withdrawal. But if you are on a stable dose and taking them regularly, I don't really know what to tell you.

Good luck, that doesnt sound fun at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thanks. that was helpful. i am beginning to think its unrelated. but im young, 24 year old female, and according to my research those symptoms are usually signs of an issue with blood pressure, heart defects or diabetes. It seems odd I would get one of those problems out of nowhere.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

it could be dehydration, too....

although I'm not sure dehydration would cause Sweating,,,, but I'm just saying,,,, the other symptoms your describing,, sound like it... that's how I get anyway,, when I need WATER...... subs definitely CAN dehydrate you... that's why constipation is a side effect.

Just trying to help!!!

I do hope you figure it out, sooner rather than later.....

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/