It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Coffee&Depression
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I believe coffee can help lift depression. i have it every day. may not be good for W/D but depression kicks ass. any body?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jonboy!! I always smile when I read your posts! Thanks for that. I know absolutely nothing about coffee and depression except to say that when i used to have depressed episodes, i actually did feel better with my morning coffee. I wonder if there is some correlation between the two. However, caffeine has been around literally forever, so I think science would have found evidence to make that determination by now. Interesting observation though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks goin strong". i new some how i am not the only one who new this :lol:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Coffee and cigarettes make a young man smile.

Now I've given up the smokes .. coffee still gets me up in the morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Coffee makes me pee! I have to pee so much after drinking coffee, it makes me depressed!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hear ya there Romeo! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You guys are funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

now i no what the hell is making me pee so much too!! :lol: and it is pissing me off :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Goinstrong wrote:
Hi Jonboy!! I always smile when I read your posts! Thanks for that. I know absolutely nothing about coffee and depression except to say that when i used to have depressed episodes, i actually did feel better with my morning coffee. I wonder if there is some correlation between the two. However, caffeine has been around literally forever, so I think science would have found evidence to make that determination by now. Interesting observation though...

Makes you kind of wonder though would they report it....????......That would crash the antidepressant market...lol.

I was afraid to read this thread when I saw the title because I was afraid it was going to be a bunch of post about how coffee was a cause of depression and I wanted to stay in the dark on that if it was going to be a scientific proven matter. I love coffee. I hate to admit it but I drink it all day. I am sure it should not be consumed to the level I drink it but if I can't have the opiates for energy I will settle for the coffee. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I definitely still get a slight "LIFT" from a good cup of coffee in the morning. the days i dont drink at least one cup i am lathargic, More depressed and just feel more blah! I know everyone is different but for me i am better off with at least one strong cup a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Whenever I drink coffee or have caffeine on subs, my eyes and nose water soooo badly! I literally have tears streaming down my face and liquid pouring non stop out of my nose. SO I stopped with the caffeine, I take B complex and B12 for energy. I've also found the Elderberry juice is a wonderful berry that is not only an incredible anti-oxident with numerous healthy properties for your body, but a great source of all day energy with no crash. Luckily I have a raw food and organic shop up the street from me that sells it in its pure form (I add a little honey or agave nectar) and am good to go, however I want to look for elderberry supplements online (the drinks get a little costly and inconvenient if I'm not home).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi ashcal3 and welcome to the forum'. sorry about watery eyes when you drank some coffee.
i never herd of this happening to any one :shock: coffee is still my wake up'r :lol:

Post subject: Of course
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 pm 
This is kind of a weird thing to be discussing? Of course you feel good after coffee, its a stimulant. I have a theory that cocaine helps depression! Duh...

There are a lot of really awful things that can happen from caffeine addiction, theres a good book called "Caffeine Blues" that goes into it. My personal feelings are that its best to avoid every single psychoactive substance, and I'm working towards that.

Have you ever tried Yerba Mate? Its got different stimulants in it, those from chocolate and tea, and it doesn't cause jitteryness or any of the other side-effects of coffee. Honestly, when I was drinking stimulants in the morning, I dropped coffee SO FAST after trying this stuff, it made me feel AMAZING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

well stillwhat- this is a recovery forum. you don't like coffee good for you. but i do and many many others. Duh.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my doc said chocolate is not a good sub for diet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A couple of weeks ago I got myself a Rancilio Silvia and Nemox grinder. Been making a LOT of coffee... totally wired and jittery all day. Good thing I got good old Remeron at night... hmmm

Anyway. Coffee is awesome. The only drug (cept for alcohol on occasion) that I got left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 pm 

Me? I'm a Diet Coke gal. The only kind of coffee I like is filled with special flavorings and whipped cream! Which is why I hardly ever have any. I do LOVE the smell of coffee, and I sometimes wish I liked it black, because I'm sure it's better for me than Diet Coke. I just hate the bitterness.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mt. Dew.......

If the world was going to implode,,,,
I sit with an ice cold Mt. Dew and a marlboro......

Perfection.......

I do wish I could QUIT SMOKING.... but each time I try, it's just SO HARD.....

Thinking of trying the electric cigs, after the HOLIDAYS.... A lot of people in my family smoke,
so It's REALLY HARD, when we are all together....

OH,,, One thing my Doctor told me was ..... MANY people diagnosed ADD/ADHD claim that Caffiene RELAXES them...

SO, I guess it's NOT a "stimulant" for ALL OF US....

I drink one in the morning, FIRST THING, and another 2 cans, in the evening, YEP right before bedtime.......

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think caffeine in general can elevate mood. I always have a couple NOS's when I'm done with my morning suboxone dose. Or I'll go to a real coffee shop. For some reason I can't drink home made coffee.

But I do love NOS. I hate to say it but that's pretty much all that I drink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to comment on Stillwaters post about caffeine addiction and useing yerba mate instead. You said that it contains "differnt types of stimulants" then coffee. The type contained in chocolate and tea. Well, the stimulants contained chocolate and tea are caffeine, so it's no different then coffee in that respect. :)