It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you or anyone you know uses cocaine, please read this article. Even if you don't think you'll ever use it, the info in this article is so important, you should read it anyway, just in case - you could save someone's life.

The Mystery of the Tainted Cocaine (from The Stranger, a Seattle weekly paper)

The short story: Over two-thirds of the cocaine currently being imported into the US is cut with a drug that is used to de-worm livestock. Ingestion of this drug by humans can result in catastrophic immune system failure and possibly death.

From the article:

Quote:
Agranulocytosis can kill you, but its symptoms are frustratingly broad. Some people's throats close up. Some people get diarrhea. Some people get skin infections, sores in their mouth or anus, or just a fever. Some people have it, don't know it, and get better without seeing a doctor. Some people don't see a doctor until it's too late.

Basically, agranulocytosis is a catastrophic crash in a person's immune system, which can turn a zit, a scratch, or even the bacteria that normally live in and around your body into a life-threatening infection.[...]

These days, levamisole is mostly used by farmers to deworm cows and pigs—and, for some reason, it's also used by people in the cocaine trade. The DEA first reported seeing significant amounts of levamisole-tainted cocaine in 2005, with 331 samples testing positive. Then the numbers spiked: The DEA found 6,061 tainted samples in 2008 and 7,427 in 2009. One DEA brief from 2010 reports that between October 2007 and October 2009, the percentage of seized cocaine bricks containing levamisole jumped from 2 percent to 71 percent.

There is a second article about this in this week's issue of The Stranger. Apparently, the tainted cocaine is now showing up in Europe as well as in the US.

I know that most of the members here are in recovery and few of us are still using - but I bet more than a few of us know people who still use or abuse drugs, so I'm posting this in the interest of harm reduction. If you know someone who is doing coke, please pass this information on. Or if you have kids who are at the age where experimentation with drugs is common, tell them about this.

If a person uses tainted cocaine and they get sick, they NEED to let their doctor(s) know so they can be tested for this cutting agent or they won't get appropriate treatment. Levamisole (the cutting agent) can not be detected via "street tests" for purity. It does not get processed out when powdered cocaine is made into crack (most impurities do, but this one does not). You can not tell by looking at the cocaine that it has been cut with levamisole. In fact, this may be one reason why levamisole is used as a cutting agent; it allows the cut cocaine to retain the shiny, fish-scale appearance of pure cocaine.

Thanks for reading.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow this is crazy to read. I mean i understand it but at the same time i would think this would hurt the drug trade more so then helping it. Like i said i dont have a great past so i know a lil about this and that but the only reason this seems crazy to do is because.

With coke its alll about getting addicted as with any drug. but if you are cutting it with something that can harm people then that in the long run is gonna take away from your money and sales because people would be dieing or getting so sick they would never touch it again so in the long run this would hurt the drug trade yes????? Cause less people buying from the big man equals less from the middle man and so on. and coke goes threw so many hands b4 it gets to the street level so by then you have no idea what cutting agents are in it. So if i was a drug dealer i would be getting upset cause id be loseing customers everyday by selling this product so im loseing money everyday. the better the product the more they come back.

Im just trying to understand this but at the same time a drug dealers clintell is his everything and if they are dieing off then the drug trade slows down. it hard to think about cause people are dieing but at the same time means less coke sales in america. i dont know what to think about that i rather have drug addicts then people getting sick thats for sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for posting this, Diary. It's funny, because just yesterday I was watching a show on NatGeo about drugs/heroin. They talked a lot about how it is cut with different things going down the whole line of production. Bboy, what you say makes sense, but unfortunately, dealers actually make even MORE money by cutting their product than they do by selling the good stuff. People will get addicted either way, some will overdose either way, and bottom line is the more it's cut the more money they make. At least that's how I understand it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In the second article in the series, they talk about the fact that many of the coca farmers/processors have access to large quantities of levamisole because it is an agricultural product (used for livestock) and they probably get it dirt-cheap or even free due to subsidies. So that could be one of the reasons why it is showing up in so much of the cocaine being imported.

What is different about this cutting agent is that it is being put into the drug BEFORE it is imported. Usually, cocaine would be imported in a relatively pure state as it takes up less space that way making it easier to smuggle. Then dealers cut the cocaine to get it ready to distribute. This new cutting agent is being put in the cocaine before it even leaves it's home country.

Not everyone who uses the tainted cocaine will get sick. Some people will get a little sick and then recover and might not even know why they were sick. But for the unfortunate people who get really ill...well, they need to know what's going on so they can tell their doctor.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Diary. It's funny, because just yesterday I was watching a show on NatGeo about drugs/heroin. They talked a lot about how it is cut with different things going down the whole line of production. Bboy, what you say makes sense, but unfortunately, dealers actually make even MORE money by cutting their product than they do by selling the good stuff. People will get addicted either way, some will overdose either way, and bottom line is the more it's cut the more money they make. At least that's how I understand it.

NO i agree 100% with you on that hat. Bur from my understanding of the article its being cut by the people who are in control of it first? so i was more wondering wouldnt it hurt a drug cartell to put such a dangerous agent in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bboy, being a Floridian(which we are few & far between) the "big dealers" don't deal with small amounts. The sell large amounts, kind of like Walmart..lol. So it is cheaper down the line for the smaller dealers(no pun intended). Pure cocaine can't be used b/c it WILL kill you, so they cut it. Typically once it hits the local street dealers, who are small time, its cut with baby laxative & whatever else can resemble coke & not be tasted, which can give you diarrea & other not so good reactions. That's what is scary because some of the symptoms are the same, like closing of the throat, until it kills ya. I "had a friend" who used to get it all the time, from a Columbian guy who was high up on the chain, that was about the only time "my friend" could trust who & what made it, & exactly which port it came in on. Oh the old days, "my friend" was young & dumb! But point being, the cocaine is kept normally within a "safe" range, gives a great high which keeps people coming back. Risk of dying is there already, so most coke users don't think twice about it because everyone who uses/used it knows it is cut waaaaay down. Nowadays I wouldn't touch it with someone elses nose, let alone mine. Things just aren't like they used to be!( I know I shouldn't joke about it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i was a crack user for 6months, im glad i quit that shit, scary shit i thought i was getting pure ass shit because it all came back when it rocked up. who knows how much of it was that fucked up shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:34 pm 
Spike- I feels you man. God bless

Post subject: coke n additives
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Very good information ! Thanks for the info.......

In this area in addition to what has been mentioned as cuts, in this area and surrounding areas recently coke is being cut w/ meth and bath salts. People are being taken to the ER having not slept in days and some of them out of it, entirely!

I guess no-one knows what could be in a white powder they are calling coke!

Scary stuff............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had a dream about cocaine lastnight. Really weird.

I was walking down the road with two complete strangers (guy and girl) and the guy mentions he's fucked up after using heaps of coke the last few days. I was like "yeah I heard it's making a big comeback at the moment" and he was like "yeah there's fucking loads of it around" and I'm like "yeah can you help me get some"... and the girls like "yeah for sure" and I was like "you got any numbers?" and she was like yeah ... then she literally bends over and pulls up her top and reveals this huge number scribbled in red pen all up and down her back.

Then I'm like thinking "I wonder what my girlfriend would think of me getting a dealers number off this strange girls back" and I say "nahhh it's okay I gotta go" then I wake up.

pretty random.

Then today I wake up to news there's been a huge cocaine bust...

Weird .. normally these events would happen in the reverse order.