It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: CLOUD-9
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

would any body no what cloud 9 is"and what cause's it in early recovery?

Post subject: PINK CLOUD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ah shit stupid me'. i think i mean what is ( PINK CLOUD) and what cause's it? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think the "pink cloud" you're talking about is just another name for the honeymoon period" of early abstinence based recovery. For me, it was the feeling of not being dependent on any drugs, of being free of the shackles of drug dependence. It's a pretty liberating feeling, and something I haven't quite felt while on Suboxone because I still consider myself dependent.

For those people who go the abstinence route, often the first place they go to is rehab. And then after they leave, their number 1 priority is to stay clean and get to meetings every day. In the first couple of months, responsibilities are often stripped away because family etc give you time to get well, and you pull back on work hours because the sponsor / rehab tells you ur only priority is to get well. You go to 1 or 2 meetings a day, sip coffee with the other crazy recovering addicts and talk shit. Because of this it can feel like life's pressure is off, you're finally clean, you're finally healthy, sex drive has returned. It can feel really good! It can be like ... wow this being clean thing kicks ass!

Then you go back to working full time, dealing with that asshole in the next cubicle and a boss who blames you for all their shortcomings, and ur girlfriend starts giving you trouble, and you gotta deal with all those bills that piled up while you were too busy enjoying bein on your "pink cloud", and your father doesn't understand why you can't have a beer with him when "ur problem was just that heroin stuff". Then the shit keeps pilin up on your pink cloud til one day your pink cloud is just a pile of "that's life", and you find yourself missing that old pink cloud, wishing you were back there. So you relapse, go back to rehab, graduate and enjoy that ollll pink cloud feelin again :)

Repeat ad nauseum.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Glad you clarified johnboy! I figured you meant Pink Cloud but wasn't totally sure... In a nutshell:

A 'Pink Cloud' occurs in early recovery but not right away. We all know that for varying periods we are friggin miserable, have heightened negative emotions, are experiencing withdrawal and our moods are all over the place. AFTER this period of time, which is going to vary from person to person with differing DOC's and usage histories that differ, moods tend to level out and a sensation of calm, acceptance and in some cases mania or euphoria. A feeling that they are now in recovery and they are in recovery for life! They KNOW what to do. They feel GREAT without their DOC, so why go back to it?!?! The pink cloud lasts for varying periods of time for different people as well, typically days to months. AFTER the pink cloud begins to fade, addicts are usually left feeling less comfortable with their recovery and less level in their recoveries; they may not feel as positive about remaining in recovery as these 'good' feelings subside as they did while in the pink cloud.

Though it's common in early recovery, it's important to note and be aware that this pink cloud phenomenon actually happens at varying degrees throughout recovery.

Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TeeJay,

You just described my Pink Cloud experience perfectly. While I was in the Pink Cloud, I had heard the term a few times, but couldn't figure out what people were talking about. Once out of the Pink Cloud though, it all made sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my pink cloud just happened out of no where. i swear they'r is some thing going on with our levels wile it happens". but what?