It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My body doesnt feel all that bad, I still have a lack of energy. I am scared that my temptations are gonna get the best of me today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI, so sorry you are having problems. When you say giving up do you mean taking opiates. If you have Suboxone, why not take a little like 1 or 2 mgs if you feel that bad. It's better than other drugs. This is my opinion but I hope things work out for you. Please try to hang in there. I know others might tell you to try to get through it and walk or take showers but I know sometimes that lack of energy can be so horrible. I know because I have had it. Love, Queenie

Post subject: Quennie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanx for the reply. I'm done with opiates. Its been so long I dont even remember what they do anymore. I definately mean suboxone. Are you completely clean? Whats your story?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm still on a small (well, actually even a small amount of Sub is a lot of Bupe) piece of Sub, so I'm not completely free yet. However, some days, it calls my name like nobody's business. I hate the fatigue, especially when it comes with anxiety and insomnia and physical pain. I know just a bit of Sub would really make me feel different.

I try to imagine how I'd feel after taking it. After the loveliness of the whole extra passed, how would I feel? I'd be beating myself up terribly. That's how I'd feel. I'd be so pissed at myself. If you were to take some Sub, eventually you'd find yourself right back where you are now, and how would that make you feel?

Just say 'no', because the ground you've gained was hard won ground.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

laddertipper wrote:
I try to imagine how I'd feel after taking it. After the loveliness of the whole extra passed, how would I feel? I'd be beating myself up terribly. That's how I'd feel. I'd be so pissed at myself. If you were to take some Sub, eventually you'd find yourself right back where you are now, and how would that make you feel?

Just say 'no', because the ground you've gained was hard won ground.

laddertipper

well said ladder, could not have put it any better....Everytime I crave subs I think about this exact fact. I will feel great for a few hours and horribly depressed and full of regret for atleast 3 or 4 days after.

Post subject: Keep Busy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm 

You are so close to the finish line, please stick with it! Go somewhere, walk, run, swim, bike, whatever to get your mind off of your addiction.

If you've never attended an AA or NA meeting, why not give it a try? It surely can't hurt and it'll keep your mind busy hearing about all the grief these drugs cause.

Whatever you do, don't use! Take Sub as a last resort.....

Post subject: dont give in
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wankster- dont give in, i know how it is but you have some time already so you're almost there....it gets so much better..im on day 19 and day 5 was the absolute worst for me..but after that i started to notice a decrease in all the symptoms....keep yourself occupied, stay outside, and use those hot showers and baths...you'll make it and tomorrow you will be that much more proud of yourself....ladder put it perfectly....you've come too far already to give in...good luck and you can beat this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So sorry, guess I gave the wrong advice. Maybe it's because I thought of opiates. But, if you have been done with them then by all means try to stick it out. Like ladder said. You only will be right back at tapering again. She is right.

My story? Well, in short. Many surgeries, 2 leg amputations. Addicted to opiates. Went on Subs July, 2010. Had 2 moire surgeries. Back on Subs again. 8 mg a.m 8 mg p.m.

Hope you stay strong. Don't give in & don't give up. Keep in touch.
Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wankster,

I'm learning the hard way that quitting drugs doesn't mean that were not addicts anymore. Don't get me wrong, quitting drugs is a MASSIVE first step, but it's a first step on the road to recovery.....there are MANY more steps that are necessary for us addicts to arrest this disease called addiction.

Like Rule62 said, I think you should get your butt to a meeting or two. I would suggest NA. I know, I know, you don't want to go to any stupid meeting, I said the same thing for months and months, until I started going 3 weeks ago and found out how much I love going.

Wankster, I want desperately to stay clean off of all drugs, I assume you want the same, why not give yourself the best shot at sobriety and try a few meetings.

Good luck man, hang tough!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree you got good advice here, I jumped on April 15th, if your 5 days into it hang tough if you can :)

Post subject: great idea
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think i will maybe start attending meetings maybe as soon as tomorrow if possible. I live for support and being around people in the same situation as mee. It gives me an enormous amount of power and motivation. I will look into it later today. Thanx again guys. U are all awesome. 106 hours and counting...