It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Has this been discussed before? I'm new to these forums but I do know it's annoying when questions get asked over and over..

After a ton of research I called the clinic by my house and asked them a few questions about their program. It's a relatively cheap program so I asked them if I could make an appointment. They told me it was first come first serve so make sure I was there by 5:30 am and told me to stop all use by 4pm the day before.. I told her I thought I had to wait 24 hours and she said it didn't matter and wasn't necessary. :shock: Now I'm confused. Was confused but took my last dose at 4 anyways :/ only.5 hydro
Now I just gotta go through the night and be up at 4:30 to get there by 5:30

Also, I'm hoping they will start me on 1 or 2 mg at most. Has anyone started at that dose? My biggest fear is puking. I'm scared of puking and I don't have the highest tolerance to pills. I have no idea even how much opiate I can handle as I have always taken a morning and evening dose of 30-35 milligrams totaling 60-70 a day since 2009.. So not much but I still get detox and the cravings keep me using.. That's why I am trying this route as a detox only. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:47 pm 

Hi Jormama, Welcome! I am so sorry that I don't really have answers for you. I am sure someone else will post soon who will be much more helpful! I do think 12 hours is not enough time. I think 24 hours is probably what is best or even longer if possible. Please, keep us posted as to how you are doing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I suspect you will be fine if you are taking hydrocodone. That is cleared fairly quickly, and your tolerance is not super high. Precipitated withdrawal seems to occur mostly when a person has a very high tolerance, or is taking a long-acting med (like methadone or fentanyl).

I'm not a fan of using buprenorphine only for detox, because most people end up using again. So be careful-- and if you end up back on opioids, go on buprenorphine for a good year or more, and make some real changes in your life before stopping it. I suppose everyone deserves a shot at detox--- but if you find that it doesn't work out, be sure to learn from the experience and do it different next time.

Good luck!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Its fine. Ive done 4 40mg opanas and 3 hours later taken a sub, im very small and detox quickly even drs are amazed how quick and how intense it is.