It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:09 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just thought I would stop by and let everyone know how I am doing. I stayed clean the whole time, I have been the luckiest. After such a rough time through detox and having to be forced to do a quick withdrawal, which I would have done at the beginning if I had only known. I have had no cravings. I am so grateful that my recovery is coming along so well.

I am on Prialt in a pain pump and have come back to life. Still having a time at PAWS, but I know that it too is getting better. My migraines are so much better and I am able to get up and out of bed almost everyday now. I am exercising and eating well. But, to awaken and not be 23 was weird. Still having cognitive and memory issues but they too are improving each day.

I also was lucky to have great support and broke up with my boyfriend which was a very big stress remover. Time has just flew by. Can't wait till it is all behind me and I am able to sleep properly again. Dr. Jung gonna make it. See you in around four years to tell you of my Fifth Anniversary.

Know this, we can make it through the rest of our lifetime without narcotics. YEA....

Love you all, and hope you all have such great news.

TTFN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi brittanyann,
Thanks for stopping by. Its great to hear another success story. I, too, feel like I've "come back to life" since I went off Sub in February. I also think my memory and cognition are improving. I think it's important to let people know that non-maintenance based sobriety is possible for those who want it. We are often told that we need to be on maintenance for life, or we are doomed to relapse. But recovery IS possible and there is hope for those who are not doing well on/ or do not wish to stay on replacement therapy.
I wish you the best,
Lilly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 am 

An early Congratulations! It won't be official until the 14th of next month so don't mess it up. (which I highly doubt)

Nice to see you back and posting again brittanyann1. We so need others who have stopped to come back here and let the others know it can be done. The list is growing and I hope to be on it one day myself.

Thanks to you too LillyVal for the same reasons. We need all of you to prove it can be done.

rule