It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I wanted to share my addiction and recovery story with you I will not post the names of any certain drugs out of respect to others I was addicted to opaites and used them in every possible way they could be used from the age of 22 until the age of 27 when i attempted to kill myself and was placed in a mental unit for 2 weeks i decided to enter rehab i stayed clean and sober for 22 months but sadly relapsed and used for 6 months then i went to jail and decided i needed more help i entered detox stayed for 15 days and the dr there put me on suboxone he saved my life i havent taken anything but suboxone for the past 7 yrs 3 months and 14 days i no longer suffer from withdrawls or cravings and have the "normal" life i had before the drugs came into my life if theres anything i can do to help anyone let me know helping others also helps me and if theres anything you want to know about me just ask i am married (12 yrs) i have 4 living children ages 15 9 7 and 3 and 1 angel baby in heaven i did take subutex with my last child and was lied to by the dr they said my baby would not have withdrawls and would go home with me he was born dec 2 and didnt come home until dec 25 they gave him morphine to wean him off the subutex it was very scary for me and i regretted taking it had i known the truth i would have stopped when i became preg with him but hes healthy and great so it worked out good anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Congrats on your long sobriety!. I have just over 3 months under my belt and its nice to know that its possible to have a multi year successful suboxone therapy if one chooses to do so. So sorry to hear of the lie told to you about pre-natal suboxone use but it sounds like things turned out just great for you so ,once again Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mamato5 and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear about your last pregnancy. It's unfortunate that your child suffered NAS, but it does happen. Some newborns of mom's on sub get it and some do not. It just depends and it cannot be predicted. But it's my personal opinion to not look back regretfully. There are dangers to stopping sub treatment during pregnancy, too. For all you know, had you stopped your treatment while you were pregnant, the worst could have happened and you might not have that wonderful child here today! So NO REGRETS! It worked out wonderfully and your child is happy and healthy now!

Again, welcome. Hope to see you around the forum. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Mamato5! Glad to hear everything worked out, and just wanted to post a belated welcome to the forum!