It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: chronic pain
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started Suboxone on Monday of last week. Today was my 8th day clean from Vicodin. This morning I got my period and had SEVERE cramps! I have endometriosis (cysts on my ovaries that give off HORRIBLE CRAMPS). This is what lead me to addiction of opiates in the first place. I called my SUB doctor today and he told me to call my obgyn...both offered little help. (Take advil, heating pad, drink hot tea, etc.) 3 hours ago I relapsed and took 2 Vicodin on top of the Suboxone I took this morning (20mgs) I would do ANYTHING to stop the pain. But it didn't work. I am still in great pain.
I am glad the Vic didn't work because I would be back on the junkie highway in no time. I truely know now that I am over opiate addiction. I have had endometriosis for about 10 years. Every time I got cramps, my doc would phone in a script for 10 vic's. For 6 years I never took the pills w/o getting cramps. Then 4 years ago addiction hit me. Over the years it got worse and worse to the point where I was taking more than 10 a day. But can anyone give any advice on what I can do now? I am in horrible pain. It usually goes away in 24-36 hours, but I'm just not use to the pain. Should I take more Sub.? It's now 3:30p and I have taken 20mgs of Sub since 6am. From what I can tell, taking the Vicodin did NOTHING for me or the pain. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Great Post. I would like to share about my experience with the severe chronic pain, with which I suffered a lot. It was a very horrible time. I tried many medicines, but its all utter waste. I could not tolerate my back pain. Finally I found a remedy with Thoughts Become Reality and their hypnotherapy treatment. I visited them at thoughtsbecomereality.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately I think this is a reality for many of us. In discussing this with my therapist the other day, he seems to think there are some techniques to help me accept the pain. He has given me quite a bit of research on meditation and how that creates endorphins, etc. that help ease the pain. My problem is that I am not sure how you can meditate at work all day and still get work done.

When I first got on suboxone I struggled with the pain just like you are now. Once I realized nothing was going to work for it, I did have to come to some sort of acceptance about it. The longer I was on suboxone the less things hurt too. But off of the suboxone I have found myself struggling again. There aren't very many answers to the problem I don't think. Your choices all kind of suck.

Hopefully it helps knowing you aren't in this alone. I hope things get better soon.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Self-hypnosis, guided imagery, and the like can be great tools for those of us with chronic pain. Once a person learns how to do it without a therapist, you'd be surprised at how much relief you can get in just a few minutes. I can go into more detail if anyone wants.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Melissa.....maybe you can send me that info?? As you know, I have been having a very difficult time with my back pain lately. I am willing to try ANYTHING that even has a slight chance of helping me with my pain. I would appreciate it....Thanks in advance!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No underworld15, the vics won't do anything if you have taken suboxone. That's how sub works, by blocking the opiate receptors in the brain. I hope the pain lessens soon hun, it sounds agonising.
Best wishes,
Sneaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'd still like Mellissa to give us more information on the whole meditation thing. I think it is going to take me and the therapist a while to get to all of that and in the meantime I still have very annoying pain. I am also quite curious how I will be at any meditation given the ADD. Mel? Any info?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI,

For those of you interested I'm posting a new topic under "Chronic Pain" dealing with self-hypnosis/meditation/guided imagery. It's a fairly long post, but it should have enough detailed information to "teach" you how to do this with the help of CD's/meditation tracks.

Keep in mind I'm not a professional, just someone who finds this helpful for chronic pain and anxiety, etc.

See you there!

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think that chronic is pain that interferes with one's daily pursuits and the enjoyment of life. Pain interrupts our work, our recreation, and our relationships with our families. Chronic pain affects people of all ages, races, and occupations, it can also result from illness or conditions such as osteoporosis, lupus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis, scoliosis, endometriosis.

Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Chronic pain in feet legs, especially when walking; feet and legs feel cold can arise due to Poor circulation; peripheral vascular disease. Call your doctor to have the underlying cause (diabetes or vascular disease) diagnosed and treated. The risk factors associated with poor circulation include aging, obesity, lack of exercise, and smoking
Once the cause of your pain is found and proper treatment is started, the pain may serve the useful function of keeping you at rest so that the injury or illness can heal. But if the pain comes from an illness that is incurable and will never heal, the pain loses its usefulness and becomes harmful. This type of pain keeps you from normal activity, and inactivity decreases your strength.