It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on Suboxene since Jan. Did the white knuckle for months and knew I had found what I needed. I have chronic pain and I have been very comfortable, actually able to have a life again. After over 15 years on meds that took me to places I don't even remember, and places I don't want to remember. I am amazed at what Suboxone has done for me. I look at what Opiates and other drugs were doing to me and I look at what Suboxone is doing for me. Being an addict, I have fought this too, do I have to be on this the rest of my life...For me the answer is YES. I weaned myself off after vacation this month, I won't go into details of the personal crap that goes along with this but I am now miserable. The pain is bad, so I know that I must stay on Suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi secondlife and welcome to the forum. I hope you find as much support here as I have. Like you, I have chronic pain and my life was nearly destroyed by "legitimate" pain meds. Because of my addiction, I can never go back to treating my chronic pain with regular, full-agonist opiates. Suboxone (with the help of a muscle relaxer) helps treat my pain and for the most part makes it tolerable and manageable. Like you, I will probably be on it for life. The way I look at it, it's WAY better than going back to the chaos of active addiction.

Again, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us. I hope you stick around and post often.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Pain issues
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hear what you are saying my dr had me on for a couple years now for pain management too many problems to list but sub worked for me I am weaning off too right now and the pain is crazy the withdrawls I find are more mental then real I am down from 32 mg day to 2.5 mg and even though pain is bad I feel better over all I am going back to get some epidurals and maybe surgery for bigger problems and if they can't get me pain free I will go back on subs too it works for me and it's better then being on junk and can't drive or work
best of luck to you

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Pain issues
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hear what you are saying my dr had me on for a couple years now for pain management too many problems to list but sub worked for me I am weaning off too right now and the pain is crazy the withdrawls I find are more mental then real I am down from 32 mg day to 2.5 mg and even though pain is bad I feel better over all I am going back to get some epidurals and maybe surgery for bigger problems and if they can't get me pain free I will go back on subs too it works for me and it's better then being on junk and can't drive or work
best of luck to you