It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My 1 yr old son had what we thought was a seizure he vomited,was closing his mouth tightly,depressed breathing,lowered oxygen and lipsmacking and trebling.all the signs of a seizure.Iam on 8 mg sublingual tabs of subutex.Ilisted everything at arrival to hospital.nothing was thought about an overdose because it perfectky resembled a seizure.but all tests were normal.last they did a urinetoxicity test and sent it off. My son was in a semi coma for 2 days because of me and I'm usually so careful but accidents happen.his results came back a week later...no reg. Test was done it had to be a special test since subs are a antagonist and not anopiate per se.it was positive.Ifelt like the worth motheer in the world.my son could have died because of my irresponsability.Inow keep meds higher up and vacuum every 5 minutes.pls parents don't let your children get ahold of this.its dangerousand deadly.I had the grace of God on my side that day.my son was out cold for 2 days.didn't even know when the Iv. Was placed ot the m.r.i. done.you can say bad things about me all you want trust me you can never beat me up with words the way I've beaten myself up since Igot the news.Ihate myself for it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 pm 

That is terrible what happened to your child Christina. No one here will judge you for making a mistake where you put your medication. It's happened before and I'm sure it'll happen again to someone else. You will punish yourself more than anyone else could do to you.

You've learned a valuable lesson and posted it online so maybe others will learn from your mistake.

I have a small fire safe where I keep mine if I'm expecting children to come visit. It is up high and heavy so it's doubtful a child could even get to it much less open it.

I'm glad it all turned out okay for you and your child. Why don't you post a little something about yourself in the Introduction section? Being an active forum member is good for you and us.

Welcome here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Christina,

I'm so sorry you and your child had to go through that. It took some major guts to come here and post that story. It shows just how much you want to help prevent this from happening to someone else's child.

Don't worry about being judged here. We are all human, we make mistakes...this one just happened to be very scary. It makes me think a little bit harder about where I keep my medicine, even though mine are older and know better...it only takes that one time.

Welcome, I hope you stick around.

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello, from a parent who's been there. I posted not too long ago about my daughter getting into my Suboxone.

Difference being, I stayed up with her, since it was around 4pm when she took the med, and didn't get any sleep that night..
She was lethargic and mostly unresponsive..but was sleeping too, so I didn't work myself into a frenzy..being our 4th child, we've had quite the experience when it comes to sick kids, and being up all night with a crying baby..
My wife was working this particular night so I was alone for it, and dealt with that ...though I went and bought a safe the next day and have since been keeping my meds in that safe.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for your insight, ad-bot ...

What's that link in your sig?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So sorry for what you and your son went through. I have a metal lock box for meds. Got the idea from my s.i.l. who did home day care. The lock box was state mandated for her. I remember having a mini freak out when I realized my Sub looked almost exactly like my kids chewable orange flavored Motrin. The only difference was that the motrin was rounder. My kids were older, so I showed them both pills and told them how dangerous one of them was, and NEVER to take ANY med even if you know what it is unless Mom gives it to you.
I know that doesn't work with a 1 y.o. though. I'm glad he's ok, and please forgive yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lillyval wrote:
So sorry for what you and your son went through. I have a metal lock box for meds. Got the idea from my s.i.l. who did home day care. The lock box was state mandated for her. I remember having a mini freak out when I realized my Sub looked almost exactly like my kids chewable orange flavored Motrin. The only difference was that the motrin was rounder. My kids were older, so I showed them both pills and told them how dangerous one of them was, and NEVER to take ANY med even if you know what it is unless Mom gives it to you.
I know that doesn't work with a 1 y.o. though. I'm glad he's ok, and please forgive yourself.

Lily, that person isn't real. The story was just a ploy to post the ad in "IT'S" signature. They do this to get hits on the website they are advertising for.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jonathanm1978 wrote:

Lily, that person isn't real. The story was just a ploy to post the ad in "IT'S" signature. They do this to get hits on the website they are advertising for.

Jonathan, I believe Lily was responding to the OP, not the spammer. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
Hello, from a parent who's been there. I posted not too long ago about my daughter getting into my Suboxone.

Difference being, I stayed up with her, since it was around 4pm when she took the med, and didn't get any sleep that night..
She was lethargic and mostly unresponsive..but was sleeping too, so I didn't work myself into a frenzy..being our 4th child, we've had quite the experience when it comes to sick kids, and being up all night with a crying baby..
My wife was working this particular night so I was alone for it, and dealt with that ...though I went and bought a safe the next day and have since been keeping my meds in that safe.

May I ask where you got the safe? I can't believe I have failed this. For some reason I thought the film packages were childproof. But, if they can get a chair, find a hidden gummy bear bag and tear into it before I catch them, what in the hell was I thinking!