It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Chello!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:45 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi. I posted this somewhere in the bowels of this forum because I was lost. Now I'm found and I THINK I am in the right place. Hee!

My name is Libra and I just lost a friend two days ago. Her name is Roxi (short for Roxicet) and I loved her a lot. But, I had to kill her. She was taking over my life and I got tired of fighting with her. She was around soooooo damn much! Every single hour she would pop up whether I wanted to see her or not. I'm talking 10 to 15 times a DAY people. GAWD!

Anyhoo, I told my family and a couple of close friends about this Roxi and told them I HAD to get rid of her. So, I did some digging around and found a girl... an assassin if you will.... and made a discreet appointment with her. We'll call her Dr. X. Well, Dr. X told me that MANY people had the SAME problem with Roxi. Turns out that Roxi has like a million twins like the Octomom.... and like the Octomom and her million kids, Roxi had became a pain in a LOT of asses.

So, Dr. X and her cohort, Counselor Z and I came up with a plan to "off" this Roxi chick. She gave me a really nice gun that kills girls like Roxi (and others like her) slowly. I thought I was going to get an AK-47 of some sort.... Nope. I got something BETTER! This gun is called Suboxone.

Well, I went home armed with my Sub Machine.... I mean Suboxone, and I aimed it steadily at Roxi and my mom screamed, "NO! YOU DON'T USE IT ON ROXI! YOU PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH UNDER YOUR TONGUE!"

WTF?

Anyway, I remembered Dr. X's instructions and put the Sub in my mouth and I tell you what, within a half an hour, Roxi was GONE! As long as I keep putting that Sub in my mouth, Roxi stays away. It's amazing! Simply AMAZING!

Dr. X and Counselor Z told me that I would eventually have to give up my Sub, but just little bits at a time. Then after that, I might feel lonely and depressed and hurt for a while because I will make good friends with my new little friend, but that it wouldn't last that long and I could get through it and that Dr. X and Counselor Z would help me.

That was all three days ago. Roxi is out of my life and Suboxone is my new but temporary BFF.

So anyway, this whole post was written as satire, but it's true. I'm an addict. I'm on Suboxone to help me get off of it. I look forward to meeting new people here who will not judge me for using Suboxone like they did at the last forum I joined.

All my best,

Lib

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your post was fine where it was at, under "My Addiction Story". I responded over there. Welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:27 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Oh! Okay.. Sorry. I wasn't sure. Another member here told me that I should come to the introduction thread and introduce myself so I introduced myself twice.

Anyway, I like the attention so I double posted. LOL!

One question (off topic).... I have a bunch of smiley icons (emoticons) that are in U R L format that I like to use, yet it says I have to be here for two days (which I have) and have two legitimate posts (which I have) and it won't let me post my smileys. I even have a smiley popping pills, lol! Anyway, I was just wondering if that was frowned upon here or if I hadn't met my criteria to post them or what.

And thank you again for the warm welcome!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nice to see you found us. You have got to have one of the best senses of humor ever. I thought your post was hilarious :D . Anyways, nice to see that you were warmly recieved and all the best in your recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I'm glad you reposted it here too, because I may not have seen it over in that other category and I have to say, this is one of my -no check that- this IS my ALL TIME favorite introductory post on this forum! EXCELLENT!

Nice to have you here, and welcome to addiction remission!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Libra,

Your friend Roxi must be the twin sister of my ex-friend Oxy. Also my ex-friends all of their cousins, Vicodin, Codiene, Darvocet, Fentanyl, Morphine, Dilaudid, Demerol, Methadone and the rest! I hope I never have to see any of them again.

I've been on Suboxone for a year and a half. I honestly feel that if it were not for this drug I would be dead by now. It hasn't done everything to fix the mess my life was in. That part is up to me. But thanks to the medication, the obsession has been removed and my mind feels clear today. It has been a wonderful gift and a blessing for me. It has given me the freedom to tackle the other problems in my life which I have tried to medicate my way out of for so long.

I wish you well in your new-found recovery.

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:55 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I tell you, that Roxi has a HUGE family. Buncha no good, white-trash, life ruining, pain in the ass, bitch-ass ho’s. Seriously. I was friends with Vicodin (who seemed so sweet and innocent at the time) who introduced me to her cousin, Perky (Percocet) who introduced me her aunt, Roxi. I thought I had met a nice family there and stuff. They helped me clean house (top to bottom – in ONE DAY!) and helped me focus at work… They helped me cope and focus during times of stress and I thought I couldn’t find better friends.

But, it came to a time where I just wanted to be alone… Do things on my own without their constant help. That’s when I realized that they voodoo dolled me and I COULDN’T do any of those things without them! They placed a spell on me, I’m sure of it. And I don’t believe in that sort of thing, but I’m telling you, IT’S TRUE!

So, I kept them around. The more I HAD to keep them around, the more I hated them. Then they wanted me to start paying for their services and that got to be really expensive.

Telling them last Thursday to go eff themselves was one of the hardest things I ever had to do because I did depend on them. I mean, I ain’t dusted the house in a week and the laundry I did on Sunday is still sitting in the dryer (seriously… I pulled out the least wrinkled dress from the dryer this morning and wore that to work today! LOL! I am a mess)

However, I am liking the Suboxone because it has made me more clear-headed. I’m also only taking it 3-4 times a day (breaking one pill into smaller pieces) as opposed to taking half a Roxi every hour. I think about the Roxi’s less and less and I’m not so anxious these last couple of days about NOT taking them. They were such a crutch to me that I found myself looking for something to take every hour. I’m getting better used to that.

Anyway, I love this forum. The last forum I was on was more anti-sub that pro-sub even though there were a ton of people with success stories on there. I don’t know… I just don’t think they liked my sense of humor, which can be snarky and smart-assy at times.

So, it's good to be here. I'm glad that I've found some place where my questions will more likely be answered honestly rather than with disdain.

Thanks again for having me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very nice intro glade to seee you here there is lots of info and people to ta;l to here so good luck and keep coming back