It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Checking in
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello friends,

I didn't want you to think I forgot about y'all or that I relapsed or something else. I have stopped counting the weeks and days. If I sit down and do the math, but what's the point? I know it's been about 100 or so days.

Pretty much all my physical symptoms are gone. I sneeze sometimes. I may get a chill once a week where my hair stands on end and it makes me shudder remembering back a couple months.

I just had an appointment with my psych nurse today. I am having bad issues with anxiety. I have probs with anxiety, but lately I've been dealing with a lot of added stress due to both my daughters behavioral issues. Friends, it is not good. But I'm dealing with it the best way I know how. I just started taking Cymbalta today because she thought it would help better w my anxiety than just wellbutrin. Anybody have any experience with it?

So I just wanted to pop my head in just in case anyone was wondering! I hope you all have a great night!

Post subject: Re: Checking in
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:50 pm 

Hey qom! :)

So awesome that ur doing well and great job on the 100 days (or more). Please keep us updated because there's just not enough ppl post after a long period of time. I understand that they are just going on with their lives, but it really does help to inspire the ppl who's trying to do the same thing.

I understand the stress of what ur dealing with concerning ur daughters, it's definitely hard for ppl that are straight as an arrow their whole life, u put being in recovery in the mix and it's just hard. But ur doing it and that's awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:08 pm 

Hi Qom, So happy to hear about your 100 plus days! That is wonderful! Sorry to hear that the issues with your daughter continue! I have clients that think cymbalta has been an answer to their prayers. I hope it works that way for you! I do know that you need to give it time...like 4 to 6 weeks to really feel its effects. Sucks that it takes so long but if it really helps with the depression and anxiety than it will be well worth it! Please keep us in your thoughts and know that we care and want to know how you are doing!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you Jenn and Michelle! Yeah I know it will take awhile for the Cymbalta to get in my system. I got sick and threw up twice today and IDK if it's nerves or from the med. But the nurse did say that stomach side effects should subside in a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:36 am 

Glad you're checking in! Tell us what's going on with your daughter now. I'm sorry it hasn't gotten any easier!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Amy,

Well, my older daughter keeps saying how she's ready to come home because she has "coping skills" but I got a call from the school last week because she had threatened another girl who lives in my development. Also, the people working with her are starting to take notice of her aggression. She is being very confrontational, so this is a concern. This is definitely a setback and I know they have told me it gets worse before it gets better. But I just have to wonder how bad "worse" is because I thought we had already been there.

In addition to this, I am also having probs with my 10 year old. She has had a problem with lying and stealing ever since she was young. She's stolen money, jewelry, cell phones, I pads, etc. She has stolen from me and others. I cannot seem to make her understand how this is so wrong and she needs to stop, no matter what I do or take away from her. She, like my older daughter seems to have no fear of consequence. So a couple mornings ago, the cops showed up at my home because she had allegedly stolen shoes from my neighbor across the street. Low and behold, I found them in her closet and the neighbor pressed charges because this was not the first time she stole from her, and she thinks she either went inside or at least up on her porch when she was not home. So now I'll be in court with her next week for arraignment. I go she's scared and will straighten up, but I have my serious doubts. But at least I'll be able to get her into counseling now, she'll be ordered to attend.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:11 pm 

I hate that you're still struggling so much with your girls and that the younger one is now in the system too! But at least, as you said, she will be required to go for counseling now! I'm wondering if either you or the girls' father have a history of having to learn things the hard way. Traits like that can be passed down genetically. I'm just trying to find out where their behavior might be coming from.

And the silver lining with your older daughter's behavior is that she won't be coming home until she's really ready, and she's not ready yet. The adults in charge of her care seem pretty on top of things. Your daughter has to learn to make the right choices and she's just not there yet.

My stepkids both had brushes with the law when they were juveniles and didn't really focus on what they wanted from life until they were close to their mid 20s. Now both of them have college degrees and are in good marriages with children of their own. It can turn around!

I wish you the best of luck as you go through the consequences with your younger daughter. Keep strong and you can always come here to vent or ask for help. :)

Amy