It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Checking out the wbsite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am amazed to see how far this website has progressed. I am a patient of Dr. J, since August of '08. I am currently taking 16 mgs of bupe per day. I have been doing really good, with a resolvment of an eating disorder, which has freed me to lose 60 pounds. However, I have fallen flat on my face with myself for the whole month of June. My family is pissed about suboxone. My 2 daughters who work in a medical clinic, took it upon themselves to find out the real deal about sub..they are convinced it is evil, and I have had to deal with my overbearing, bossy, oldest daughter consulting with my husband, culminating in a screaming match on this past Monday where my husband slapped my sub presription bottle out of my hamd and down the sink they went. I am always getting bitched at because they cost a lot, even though I know without a doubt they have kept me alive, because when I came to Dr. J, I was pretty much ready to check out. After doing so well, now this crash has taken everything out of me. I hope to climb back up. I am also on Pristiq and Vyvanse.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to see you visited! I am sorry about your lack of family support, many people see Suboxone as just replacing one drug for another without understanding what opiates have done to the brain in the first place. Regardless of their feelings, you should be proud of your decision to get your life back.
You know we now have support group meetings available in chat on Monday and Wednesday evenings? You should stop in and meet me and it is a great source of emotional support!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. I've been very lucky in that while my family first thought in terms of trading one addiction for another they've changed their minds after having seen the many changes and accomplishments I've made in the last 2.5 years. I really wish they would come around to at least giving you a chance, I mean if you're really trading one drug for another would you be able to make a 30 day prescription of Suboxone last 30 days? I know I sure as hell couldn't :) I know it may be hard but if your family is unwilling to support your decisions to improve your overall health and quality of life, then they may need to just get over it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And we're very glad to have you with us :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks everyone! I do know from past recovery attempts that my family members are ialso n some way "sick" because of how their lives have been affected through the years from my active using. No attempts have ever been made on their part, such as ACOA, etc. They do not have the problem, I do.I am really trying to grasp the concept that I am NOT responsible for them to make the changes THEY need to do, to get "better" and progress. That has always been the downfall of all recovery attempts. Go to treatment, get "fixed" then come back home and continue life as though nothing ever happened. It doesn't work that way! Anyway, glad to be back. I had a great day after all, and feel like I'm back on track. I also went to Wal-mart and bought a personal, mini-safe with a combo lock. I will be keeping my meds in there, along with all my journals I like to write. I have loved doing that, and it had been very beneficial, but one day my daughter had been reading through them without my permission and just exploded! Hut feelings, anger at what she had read..wow!! I felt so intruded upon!! More of that later! I will redo my intro later on; make it more informative about me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The safe sounds like a great idea and I think you're totally justified in getting upset, even with a close family member for such a big intrusion into your personal space. I'm not even sure what I'd do if I caught someone going through my personal stuff like that. Hang tough cowgirl