It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First and foremost, the inpatient center I am going to does offer the Suboxone Treatment Program. I am scheduled to be there tomorrow by 11:00 AM. Today I did 6 bags of heroin. I went to a different person than normal, and I think it was cut with something, because I puked pretty badly. I usually only do 3 bags a day, andI don't use everyday. However, when I do use it is intravenously; I use as much as I can afford. I don't have severe withdrawals, however I do experience genral feelings of discomfort when I'm without opiates which I consider withdrawals. I'd say that I average anywhere from 3-5 days a week, leaning more towards 5. Sometimes I'm just flat broke so I have to endure the withdrawals, which is crappy. I'll go a couple or maybe even a few days without using but my withdrawals and cravings cause me to relapse(if that term can even be used for the amount of time I go without). I really want to partake in Suboxone Treatment, however I'm afraid that the rehab center won't let me. I have no reason to be afraid of this, I've talked to other fellow opiate addicts who went there and they all got it, although they were REALLY bad. Basically my question is; will they put me in Suboxone Treatment if that's what I want? Your input/advice is really appreciated; thank you so much in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome and congrats and starting your new recovery tomorrow!

I can't answer your question definitively, but if you want the Suboxone treatment and the rehab center offers it, then I don't see why they would turn you down. I'm no doctor or medical professional, but I've never heard of someone being turned down because their addiction wasn't severe enough.

Good luck to you and keep us posted as you are able.

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on heading to rehab! How scary and exciting all at the same time. I wish I could have gone back in the day (been a few times but none for opiates which is when I needed it). This is a great opportunity!

I believe you can qualify all those nasty feelings you have as withdrawals in my opinion. Otherwise you would be able to get through it and you wouldn't need or want a rehab.

I cannot imagine why they wouldn't allow you to enter into the suboxone program. That would make no sense unless they only do it for short term detox. You will find out when you get there, and if it is only short term detox, hopefully you have read enough on the forum to start getting a long term program in place while you are still there if that is what you want. Keep in mind that if this is what you want, or what you think you want, start getting it coordinated before you get out so you aren't waiting like crazy upon completion of the inpatient program. You can always change your mind later if at the end of rehab you decided it wasn't for you. But if you don't coordinate it then you will be stuck like chuck and could relapse while you figure it out. Just a few thoughts.

Take care of yourself and maximize this opportunity. I hope you feel 1000x better when you get out and if you have access while you are in, give us an update so we know how you are doing.

Cherie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Pro-Sub
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats on going to Rehab! Be very clear upon entering (or before) that you are expecting treatment with Suboxone, whether it's for the detox or for maintenance. Be clear that it is a condition of you signing up for their program. Get them to write it in your chart so that the Doctor in charge will see/honor your request.

I can see that avoiding relapse is paramount in your situation. Sub maintenance can dramatically help with that. Rehab will give you the tools and techniques you will need to stay away from the drugs. Think of it as a seminar or class on how to stay sober. And believe what they tell you. Especially about changing your playmates and playgrounds.

Do not be afraid of the H to Sub transition. The Sub will nix your withdrawal symptoms. Yes, it WILL really, really work! You will be so surprised how it also ends the cravings, allowing you to focus on straightening out your life and moving forward.

I was so happy at rehab when I got clean, they kept drug testing me. (I was clean, of course.) I had tried for two years to stop relapsing, but never had the info/tools I needed to be successful. Getting clean was a HUGE relief from the way my Drugstyle was making me feel. I felt that weight lift from my shoulders, the anxiety and uncertainty ease, and for the first time I was able to see that my future had other possibilities. I have never felt stronger.

Obviously, I'm Pro-Sub. It saved my life. You don't have to be strong. You only have to be willing. Start smiling...the hard part is almost over!!

AM