It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you very much! I know about the fire starter label, she doesn't like it very much either. She is going to have to take a fire safety class with the fire marshall now to stay where she is. That's okay with me because she has started fires in my home while I'm not here, and has threatened to burn down my house! She had her eval today and the doc thinks she is def depressed. He did iq and mood tests and still has to score them, so that was only his initial feelings on her diagnosis. The sure reccomendation is tbd.

Yeah I believe anyone no matter what they're going through can be successful at getting off subs. Its not for everyone, it has to be the right time. It served me well in my life for years, but just wasn't anymore. It was more of a pesky physical dependence rather than an addiction. So you have to want to stop for the right reasons. And then stay determined. Very determined. It can be done!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:12 pm 

I really admire you Q! Sounds like you are dealing with alot! Im willing to bet her iq is high and they will prob say some kind of mood disorder. Its a good sign that she does not like it either! Do you mind if I ask why she is so angry? It has been my experience that young fire starters have so much anger they dont know how to deal with. Thirteen is a rough age under all the best circumstances! Please know that I admire your dedication to your daughter and at the same time yourself! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that it will start to get easier very soon!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:16 pm 

"I had taken my older daughter to therapy weekly and even got the school involved. They seemed to think her behavior was normal for a 13 yo. After I had to call the police 8 times on her and she was sent away to detention, I think (hope) everyone is finally seeing my point. She's always had behavioral issues, they have really come to a head this last year or so. It may be hormonal, cause she started her cycle recently."

This caught my eye immediately concerning the possibility of it being hormonal and not just behavioral. My wife stayed locked up in her room for two weeks out of every month ever since her first menstrual cycle. She told me that if she had had a gun back then she probably would have used it on someone. It took over 30 years to finally get a hormone panel done and read properly to get her brain straightened out. Please make sure that part is mentioned before they start putting any labels on her. The doctors need to rule that out first. It just may be the culprit in all this. If you want more info, PM me and my wife will answer the questions, not me, as you're hearing this 2nd hand. The panel needs to be read by an expert. Not necessarily an Ob/Gyn. It was a team of nurses who discovered her maladjustment, not her doctors. They all said it looked fine.

Sorry for poking my head into this woman's thread. :oops:

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:08 pm 

That is wonderful advice Rule! So glad you popped in on this thread!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I want to start off by saying how much I appreciate you all. The wonderful insight from people who are where I have been, am now, or am going to be is invaluable. I have support from my mom and a couple close friends with my choice to quit subs and the issues with my daughter. But none of them know what it is actually like, they can only sympathize and empathize. Thank you sooo very very much!

As for why she's so angry... not really sure about that but I have a few theories. Normal teenage angst, hormones, sibling rivalry, etc. When I was younger I was angry at the world too. But she is taking it to a whole new level with her ultimately self destructive behaviors. I'm no angel, I've done plenty stupid things in my day. But I never put my home, family, and comprimised my future over it to the extent she is. Its scary, her disreguard.

As for the hormonal issue, I do understand this can play a huge part. I plan on talking more with the psych about this when he gives his diagnosis and also to her family dr at her upcoming physical. I feel like there's a good chance this is influencing her current behavior, but I feel also that its in commorbity with one or more underlying issues, as she's always had problems she's exibiting now, albeit to a lesser extent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your daughter Q
That sounds super rough. With everything else you are dealing with you didn't need the xtra headache i imagine. But, its awesome you are getting her help. Always watch out for the pill pushing crazies, but I'm sure you know that already. You are an inspiration to me. I havent had to deal with alot of extra stress at this Day 10 mark. I don't know how you do it. I hope you continue to do well. And wish the same for your daughter and your family. Getting off the bupe is so difficult. But so was the oxy wd the liquid Roxanol wd and the fent wd was absolute misery. Now this wd. We are professionals in our own right. Having made this journey. Be well Q.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:30 am 

CQuick, if you've ever read Dr. Junig's story you'll know that fentanyl was his drug of choice for a time. Fentanyl is a complete bitch to get off of because not all of it is metabolized when you take it. Instead it is stored in your fat cells and sticks around for a while.

I'm sorry you're going through difficult day 10 and I hope the next few days give you a break. Here you are encouraging others while you're not feeling great yourself, and I think that says a lot about your character. Good on you!

Amy