It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have no health insurance. Does anyone know where the cheapest pharmacies to buy suboxone from? Anyone have any success buying them on the internet with a doctors prescription? I work part-time and go to school full time. It is extremely difficult to be able to purchase suboxone considering these factors. Anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Post subject: Tapering will save money
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:38 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Costco, You can get a 8mg,er for $6.67.. You would be surprised how fast you get down to 4mg a day and then to 2mg. This requires some sniffles though, Work on tapering down , Good Luck, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mike I don't know if your doctor would be ok with prescribing generic Subutex but it's alot cheaper. My doctor agreed to change my script from Suboxone to generic subutex when my parents insurance dropped me but I have never had a bad drug screen or any other problems while I"ve been seeing him the last 3 years or so. I'd also suggest looking for a local pharmacy as the smaller places seem to have alot lower prices. I got 30 8mg generic Subutex for about 72.00 here at a local pharmacy. It doesn't make sense that the big chain pharmacies sell medication for such high prices as to me it would seem like they would be more capable of keeping costs given the quantity of buisness they do. Oh well it's a chance to support a local buisness owner too :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This was what I did, I called every pharmacy in the phone book. And the smaller ones were actually cheaper then the bigger chains like CVS,Walmart. When I spoke to the pharmacist at one of the smaller ones they were able to match the price or better bacause they wanted my business.For example at CVS the cost in my area of one sub is $6.95 per pill, and when I called a local pharmacy (owned by a person not a chain) they said they could do better at $6.00 per pill. That doesn't sound like much but when your buying a script and paying per pill, that is a savings.Good Luck and Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Why isn't anybody getting the gerneric for $2.50 a pill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Suboxone does not have a generic as it is still a new med. Subutex is a different medicine. The difference between Subutex and Suboxone is one thing, Naloxone. Naloxone is an opiate blocker that Suboxone has in it that Subutex does not. With Subutex all you are taking is Buprenorphine which is a strong painkiller with a long half life. Suboxone has that drug in it as well, but the Naloxone prevents the user from abusing the drug, i.e crushing and snorting it. i would prefer to stay on the suboxone so there is not a chance i could misuse it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

btw i get mine filled at sams and it cost $183.50 to fill 30
its expensive but that lasts me close to 2 months now
and i would blow through that in one day with my old habit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ocho cinco wrote:
Suboxone does not have a generic as it is still a new med. Subutex is a different medicine. The difference between Subutex and Suboxone is one thing, Naloxone. Naloxone is an opiate blocker that Suboxone has in it that Subutex does not. With Subutex all you are taking is Buprenorphine which is a strong painkiller with a long half life. Suboxone has that drug in it as well, but the Naloxone prevents the user from abusing the drug, i.e crushing and snorting it. i would prefer to stay on the suboxone so there is not a chance i could misuse it.

Sorry. I meant to say generic subutex. I didn't realize some doctors may not let you get the generic subutex for fear of miss use. They should have made the suboxone generic but I realize it cost alot more because of the formuler. I looked it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I pay $5.50 at a Costco in the midwest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Mike T wrote:

$5.50 a pill for the generic? Or the regular suboxone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

genreic subutex is $2.50 each at Sam's Club..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks to everyone for your responses! I go see my Doc at the end of the month. I will be discussing with him about moving me over to generic subutex. Luckily this website has provided me with enough information that I can actually discuss the issue intelligently with him. I have NEVER shot any substance. I am scared of needles. I don't see why he wouldn't move me over to generic subutex. Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

vandiar2 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your responses! I go see my Doc at the end of the month. I will be discussing with him about moving me over to generic subutex. Luckily this website has provided me with enough information that I can actually discuss the issue intelligently with him. I have NEVER shot any substance. I am scared of needles. I don't see why he wouldn't move me over to generic subutex. Thanks again!

Good point vandiar2. He should have no problem switching you since you never shot drugs. Even the jokers like myself who shot drugs should be given the chance to switch just from a financial standpoint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Mike T wrote:

Regular suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Alright. After talking to my doctor he would not put me on subutex. I really don't understand why. He acknowledged that it was cheaper but he also stated that it is easier to abuse which is obvious. He went through some things about when he was going through certification, they were only allowed to prescribe subutex to women that are pregnant. I call bullshit. I am not sure what to do now. I have been on suboxone about two months now. I have not taken anything but suboxone since I have started taking it. I have considered selling some of my pills just to pay for the damn script. How ridiculous does that sound? This is crazy. I cannot afford it. I have to figure something out. I get prescribed two a day, and the script plus the visit is 450 dollars. I work part time and go to school full time. I have two semesters of school left before I will have a bachelor's degree Computer Info. Sys.. Right now, I make about 1000 dollars a month part time... What I pay for suboxone I could finance a damn nice car. I simply do not have enough money to sustain this cost. I really don't want to stoop so low that I have to reduce my intake, and sell some of my pills just to pay for my script. I think before I do that, I will revert back to the streets. I am sorry, I know this sounds completely fucking pathetic. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I want to stay on suboxone. It has changed my life. Thank everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Doesn't the suboxone website have some kind of prescription assistance program?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey whats up?...This is to the guy/gal who cannot afford their subs anymore (the one where the Dr. wouldn't switch to Subutex....I think two posts prior.....anyway). Jackcrack is correct, they do offer an assistance program, you could look into that. I think suboxone.com does have some info, and I think each Doctor is allowed to accept 2 patients into that program (please don't quote me, this is all from memory!).

You could also think about dropping your dose, so instead of 60 per month, try 45, or 30 or less. I don't know your whole situation, but I can say I relate. I spend about $500 every month for the DR., subs, and travel to get them. I know you know it is cheaper than active addiction, well, it is for me anyway. But, it can still cost a bit. Especially for someone who is working part-time and in school full-time....I most certainly feel ya!!!! I remember when I was in college I had to work a 50+ hour per week full time job (hard manual labor) plus another part time job just to support my self, even with a little financial aid (this was years ago tho). Well, needless to say, I never graduated with my degree so obviously I did something(s) wrong. Ok, off subject...sorry!

Hopefully you can figure out what to do.....I would hate to see you have to resort back to the streets.......ugh, such a dilemma! Well, obviously 60 subs per month is 2 per day....try 1.5 per day or 1, or hell, even try 4mgs (1/2 sub per day) and see how that works. You could save boatloads of money. Me, well, I am at 1.5 per day so I cannot say how easy or hard it would be to jump right to 4mg per day, but according to some people's experiences, it might not be that difficult. Well, whatever happens, good luck! I only wish the best and I hope you can figure something out. I doubt I could help, but if so just gimme a shout and I will be more than happy to try to help ya.....Take Care!

I am NOT a doctor obviously, nor an expert......Always consult your Suboxone/Subutex Doctor BEFORE changing doses, don't just listen to me!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am 
Vandiar - I agree with BigRed.....I'm pretty sure you will have no problem getting your dose down to 8mg/day. Just think.....that alone will save you so much. You'll only be spending HALF as much on your Rx every month. I bet you could drop to one 8mg table a day and not even feel it. That's the way it was for me. Once I had been on the Subs for 6 weeks or so, I dropped right down to 8mg/day...no problem. I would give it a try at least, as long as your doctor doesn't have a big problem with it.
Don't lose heart and go back to the street for drugs and don't sell your meds. I really think you'll be successful in dropping your dose and saving a lot of money for yourself that way. After being on 8mg/day for a few weeks, you'll probably be able to drop again....maybe get yourself down to only 4mg/day pretty easily. That's a lot of cash right there!!
Let us know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's wonderful to find a cheap source of anything, especially medication. However, there's a lot more to getting clean than just saving money on your meds. I would strongly urge anyone to get their subs from a program or clinic that provides the emotional support and encouragement to help you lose the urge to score dope. It may be more expensive but what price can you put on staying clean?
I know it's easy for me to talk, getting my subs free on the NHS here in England, but if I had to pay for the treatment AND counselling, I would do it in a second.We can't get suboxone from any other legitemate source here but Subs are cheaper than smack on the street, an 8mg tab goes for £5 which is about $9 I think. But there's no support system with them, only the temptation to get wasted again as the people selling them usually have gear too. And I dont know any addict who would spend their cash on subs rather than a bag of shit, no matter how many good intentions they set out with.I did it myself so many times before getting on the official program, I would set out to buy enough subutex for a week, and spend the money on 3 bags of smack instead (which I would smoke in the space of 4 hours).The dealer always offered me the choice, and the lure of getting off my tits was always stronger than the sensible option. If you want to get clean you must stop associating with others who use and sell, or your efforts will all be for naught.
Just my thoughts on the subject, what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sorry, I meant to post this in my last post......I pay $292.xx for 45 - 8mg Suboxone (about $6.50 per pill) at Ride Aid in the North East U.S.......... I pay cash, no insurance.

Sneaky:
I do agree that we need to not associate with the ones who are still selling/using. I don't know how well I would be doing at the moment if I was still talking to my 'main man'......I do know last I heard he is still using, and more than ever (I feel bad for his wife and 2 kids.....he didn't want to hear it about suboxone, such a shame). It makes me shutter just to think about it. Some type of support system is a must to do well in recovery. Just taking the Suboxone (or subutex) is not the answer either, I agree.

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali