It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Chatrooms
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Over the years, people have used the chat function to host meetings to discuss addiction-related issues. I cleaned house and removed the announcements from over the years... but if anyone is interested in firing up meetings again, this is the place to announce them.

Post subject: Re: Chatrooms
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:53 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I enjoyed the several meetings I was able to attend with some of the most knowledgeable people.

I know everyone is on different times zones but if anyone is interested on a sunday or open to
all suggestions .

would like to real time with some.

ty :?:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys!

I would love to join a meeting. I have been wanting to do so, but I have no way to get to a "real" one. So give me a day & time & I'll be there :)

Best,
Kansas

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've never attended one of these meetings, and I don't even think I'd know where to go regarding this chat room thing you speak of, but I'd love to participate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:30 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

hopefully those of u who did want to chat meeting are still here. i can write on calendar sat or sun the first two weeks of march. i am on eastern time zone, would like late morning time its when it is quiet around here. i will check back in the next few days to see if its a go ty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Awesome! a person after my own heart. I am also on the EST time zone and was interested in trying to get some meetings together for a live conversation. Here is some good info I got from a Mod that may help get the ball rolling:

'Really quickly I'll try to explain what I know about how to get this rolling. First, you just need to post a message in the meetings section telling when your meeting will take place. I would suggest posting it at least a week before so that others can see it and plan on attending. Next, come up with a topic. It may even be a good idea to post this on the thread with your meeting announcement. Of course, your topic doesn't have to exclude whatever anyone else wants to talk about, but it will get the chat rolling.

My tip would be to not get disappointed if you don't get a good turnout at first. I think it may take a couple meetings for others to start really joining in. The interest in this kind of thing is there, but it comes and goes, and will take time to get a steady turnout. I really think if people see that this will become a regular thing, they will start to look for it. If you get burned out on heading up the meetings, you may even get others volunteer to help you. '

Maybe this will be the start of something wonderful. I look forward to any news. and by the way, Sundays would be an awesome to do this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:38 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

nice info. and i agree sunday was my favorite day to get on here. need to try and use the forum as a tool for recovery. sooo lets hope i can get on sunday . everyone watch the chatrooms and i will too meet you there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am definitely interested in online group meetings! Count me in. I am new here, but have been on Suboxone for almost five years. So much has changed and progressed since I first began medication treatment. From the words of Johnny V (short circuit), " I need input! More input..."
I am on Pacific time, but willing to wake up at 2:00 am on Sunday if it works best with you all.
Thanks for all the support I have received so far on this forum. I am meeting some very awesome people here.

Kaiberri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Anyone still I interested in a chat room? I stumbled onto this thread, and I'm interested, even though it has been a few months since the last post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

well, yeah, and if anyone knows any other chats until this is done, feel welcome to share :)

Sunday afternoon it would be great. around 4 and 6 o'clock. I Live in greece

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I would enjoy and appreciate and partake in some meetings!! If we can get one going that would be WONDERFUL!! Let me know :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi it's Queenie I would love to participate in some meetings. If you guys plan one, please e-mail me & let me know.

Love, Queenie
E-mail is tampanydia1942@ymail.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just noticed that the chatrooms weren't working--- are they working for other people? I get a line that says 'parsing error'. It has been so long since we used them...

Let me know if anyone else is getting the same--- email me at drj@fdlpsych.com .

J

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep-- it's down...

what do people think about chat? there are some new options out there, including chatrooms where you can hear, or even see each other. Let's have a discussion.... I am hesitant to risk installing it if it never gets used (the forum has been built over time by Jamez, and later by several different elance workers from India-- and each time I add something new, there is some risk of something else interacting in a negative way).

On the other hand, adding voice communication would be.... different. Give it some serious thought... it would allow for much faster communication, and we could have rooms, if we wanted, where the conversations were saved, for people to play back for educational purposes later...

Whatcha think?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 pm 

Dr j, I would like to try this.
Voice to voice would be more likeca conference call?!?!? Info going back and forth and the educational value coukd go sky high.
Now, ive never never Skype before but i love talking. Lol..so..The thing is we need commitment. You never really know if and when people will show up. I ll asume that the chat room here worked out in its day, but faded out? Seem to remember when i first found the forum that there were two chat dstes set. Id missed them. Well lets see what happens next...raz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know it was up after the update in January of 14, but I haven't been on since then. Funny how it is hard to appreciate it until it is down! Thanks for your thoughts-- let's see what other people say. I could always back the site up and try to reinstall the chat-- it is a module that works with the site's software. The problem is that the software is all open source, and people have created modules that don't play nicely with each other.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would deff join!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Now that im out of a yea rof Intensive Outpatient groups 4x a week it would actually be really nice if we could rally up enough people to do a group meeting on here. My local NA meetings aren't very supportive of my Subutex use to taper and it gets rather discouraging.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm in. I would love to take part in chat meetings.
Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Me to- I would use it