It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My Dr. all of a sudden started charging me for writing my script. Is that happening to anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I'm not quite sure that I understand your situation. Does your doctor not require a monthly appointment or is the "script fee" in addition to the cost of the visit?

The only time that I was charged a fee for my doctor to write my script was when he had broken his leg and wasn't "able" to practice for six months. Instead of him writing a script with refills, he had his secretary bring him his script pad. He then wrote out his Suboxone prescriptions. I picked up my monthly script from his secretary at the office. Then, I would get my EOB from my insurance company, showing that my doctor charged $75 for each script (of course, I never had a copay during that six months because I never saw a doctor).

Honestly, I figured that it was a form of insurance fraud. No other doctor charges for writing scripts. But, I didn't say anything. Let's face it... what addict turns in his dealer or recovering addict his addictions doctor who has the power of the prescription pad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've heard of doctors charging office visits when they refill your prescription over the phone. I'm not sure if they're supposed to do that, though. Does your personal health insurance cover that? I wonder if this is a new trend doctors are doing or if it's just a select few who have started these fees. I'm still surprised when I hear of it.

edited to remove link. please don't spam on the forum, thanks.