It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

well, called back to set up Suboxone time and the dr. was really mad -- outraged -- that I had done fraud and used two doctors and "you are out" -- forget treatment. This is the guy providing oxys for 2 years at $100 visits. Moral outrage.

BUT-- I told him about the second opinion -- where I went to hear about suboxone treatment - that I brought meds with and dumped before taking new rx. And yet he calls the pharmacy to put up a FRAUD ALERT whatever. And so they can do an audit. What will they find ----- all of his monthly preseriptions (some are early -- but he signs, I done)-- then the few weeks from the new place which overlap 4 days. Then maybe the prescription from my psychiatrist for 4mg of valium - gong to 2mg a real whopper which I was going to drop prior to subxone.

I think this guy has poisoned the waters for getting suboxone.. The dr. I really wanted is out of town. When he gets bqck will this junki at the pharmacy stop him from treatig me with suboxone.?? Not good

Advide -----go to the local drug detox place for help.

I think this dr. called the other one so I no longer have the 2 week out appt for suboxone. He was a real jerk - but it is going to be hard to deal with things now. Not any drugs left really --- looking for places to go.

Don't really feel like being in some treatment center with meetings --- just want simple suboxone and get off this crap forever.

My wife asked if I could not just do the w/d through - after Ativan -- then onys high for 2 plus years. -- I said maybe - but I would need a firearm near just in case. not something I want to do ------feels like death.

makes you think == what do want to do -- live forever? Army Sergeants like that one.

well ---the pace accellerates and no time left to plan things and

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The entire Dr. fiasco was over an overlap of 3 days - even though all facts were stated. It comes to "multiple doctors in one month" --- I asked -- do you mean"2 with an overlap of 3 days" --quite a way to get drugs.

Esp since the whole thing involved trying to get on suboxone. Weird --- am I "trying to get suboxone" next. Well, yes, I want to go on asap --- with prescriptionsa cancelled I will be in w/d soon I guess. These jerks thinking I am doing fraud.

My time frame is gone for finding the right sub doctor and starting. We want 25 hours in w/d not the whole week.

any ideas on how to handle this one.

Lucky to have meeting with PCP TOMORROW so can explain. I am wonderig if the pharmacy fraud alert will get in the way of starting suboxone --all I want to do. why so hard?

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm 
Damn scruffy you cant win for losin can you? lol. What you gone do now? Go see if you can get on methadone. I cant see you having any luck with sub unless you find a doctor who will prescribe it. Cuz didnt you say that the doctors thinks you are being fraudeulent? If so, i dont see how that will keep you from being prescribe suboxone. If anything thats evidence that you need the suboxone. Keep us posted on what happens. I cant wait to hear how this turns out!! Hope this turns out swell for you!! peace

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:51 pm 
Yes like lifesaver said none of that matters in terms of a doctor Rx'ing suboxone, they prescribe suboxone to people who have doctor shopped all the time. You are probably fucked for ever getting prescribed oxycodone or any strong painkillers very easily or at all anymore tho but you can def get on suboxone.

Post subject: time not on my side
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

yes Lifesaver and Suboxowned -- a true mess. You are right it should not stop a sub doctor ----eventually.
But these two - gossiping away today-- cancelled all prescriptions designed to give me the minimal oxy until the sub date started -----2 weeks from now. So a few days of meds left. In sudden detox before things got bad -- second amendment solutions well armed - I remembet that hell.

13 days to start and then 25 hours of nothing. Don't think I can do that one. The 25 hrs seems a breeze. crazy

dr. friend thinks maybe unethical or malpractice to cut this kind of prescription

Wrote to the doctor after the tyrade and reasoned ----"if the induction if for tuesday - what logical use could I have for the drugs - you would want them in and thrown. -- that is 4 days away. why would I do this on purpose. If you would have said "why do you want this Rx/" I would have replied -- oh yea -- your doing the induction tues for sure --- don't need these.

what???? sell them?? never. and he would have wanted them back at iduction for a count. absurd

but I have been cought and th pharmacy has a drug alert -- sounds fun--the real criminals are not captured here. S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Scruffy - this definitely sucks. I think the best thing to do is explain to the PCP exactly what is going on and there would have been NO duplicate scripts if they would have simply allowed you to start the suboxone right away.

HOWEVER....your posts are a bit difficult to read. You should really try to do more full sentences and I think you may receive more responses. The dashes and odd structure of it makes it hard to tell what you are saying. BUT, if I read some of it correctly, I am confused. I thought that the doctor you just saw today commented on the prior doctors plan of dumping the oxycontin and putting you on the MS/Contin and said that was not the right thing to do. But now it sounds like you are saying that you didn't tell him you were already getting a script from someone and that you just "dumped" the pills beforehand.

I don't think anyone would have actually dumped those pills beforehand. I just don't believe it. I also think if you were getting the script from one doctor and then went to a different doctor for the anxiety meds and now went to this third doctor and didn't tell each of the others that you were being prescribed these drugs and that the scripts overlap that you were being somewhat fradulent. It sounds like addict behavior to me Scruffy. Again, the more information you share, the more I think you are an addict and you are not merely dependent on opiates. That isn't intended to be mean or anything, just informative. It isn't a bad word. I'm one too. It just changes what treatments may or may not be best for you.

I still hold firmly that suboxone should be your first choice for treatment. Be honest with the PCP about what you are trying to do and tell him ALL of the concerns you were having about cutting the prior dosage down and that it didn't make sense having you go through withdrawal for 2 weeks so you wanted a second opinion, etc.

However......I knew something was a bit funky when you went to this 2nd opinion for "suboxone" and came back with a script. Also, how can you be "almost out now" when you dumped the prior meds and didn't get to pick up the new ones because of the doctor? Or did you get the script and you are almost out already? I'm confused.

Anyways, tell the PCP EVERYTHING and include your fears and concerns. If you don't like whatever plan your PCP comes up with, then TELL him and ask him why this is medically best for you. Hopefully someone will induct you soon. I had thought you were supposed to be able to get on suboxone Tuesday. I'm not sure what happened here.

Again, it is really hard to understand your posts. But things aren't falling into place easily for me either and I have to wonder if you aren't being a little dishonest with yourself and then a little dishonest with your doctors and that all this isn't addict behavior. I think methadone is a 2nd best option for you right now. I would try suboxone first and see what happens.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: a try at true clarity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mostly there is one doctor. Pain doctor. Prescribiing 120 plus oxy each month. (I did not know he did subs)

I was interested in talking (starting) with a doctor who did subs this is Dr. 2. I went there and he talked me into doing it and starting the ;process. To do this I had to dump the pills from doctor 1 to accept his prescription This was done.

Now I have a denuted Rx for m/s and less oxy - to get to the two week date for the induction.

I became tired of waiting with this lesser amount and knew I could go to any doctor. I found out dr. 1 actually did subs so I made an a;ppt today and went. I told him about the second doctor - how I had that script and how I thought it would be great to start subs tues -next.

problem--I took his script. Just foggy. There were 4 more days on the script from doctor 2 - so this was technically "multiple doctors" -- actually 2 -----and 3-4 days. Worse - I need them for nothing. At iductio oxy meds would be brought it as not usable anymore --dumped when sub started. I paid for 4 days of nothing. It was just stupid, but not malicious.

these are the only doctors. Except for my PCP who I see tomorrow for an appt. He may understand, but I am not sure what he can do about it.

The reason any drugs are low--- dr. 2 insists on weekly prescriptions ----the next one sun or mon----and due to this he may have cancelled it. Not sure on this. But the two seemed to hit it off today finding crime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't get it then because you told doctor #1 about doctor #2 and the script you had from him and if he gave you yet ANOTHER script, that is his problem. If he is now saying that was a mistake then he can say that but why did he act so surprised that you had two doctors? If you were honest and he gave you a script that is again, just his fucking problem. You did nothing wrong.

Here is what I would do. I would write a letter to both of the sub doctors and tell them what you want is suboxone. If you think you withheld information from any of them in any way, admit it and apologize. Then I would ask if they would please reconsider because you need to get inducted on sub and if either one would just help you get inducted you would then be happy to shop around and find a doctor who will take you long term, but that it has just been a nightmare trying to get on suboxone to begin with already and this is all you are seeking. I would copy both doctors and your PCP on each letter. This way they will know that the same information is going to each party and no one is being told a different story. I am pretty sure someone will script you some sub after that.

The only other option is to find another sub doctor. You can try www.suboxone-directory and look up your area. This isn't all of the sub docs by any means but it shows a lot of them. That is what I would do if it was me.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: mess - but fast now
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

In the office of doctor one yesterday all was well - but I should not be surprised that all can fall apart.

Main fact -(I did not know he was indeed a sub doctor- really) -- just pain pills. I thought I had to go somewhere for that so in Dec I went to the clinic and found the rather awful arrogant dr. 2. This is where sub is not only there -- but demanded. So I give in and agree --- but it is 3 weeks off. And I have to live with a taper structure.

I wrote and sent message to dr. 1 that a small mistake with no logical foul play on my part should not have such huge consequences. Have not heard back. There was no way for me to gain from a script if the induction was on tues.

Anyway -- this all feels so miserable - the frustration on top of pain and w/d it is hard to believe it will ever be any better - perhaps just not worth all of this.

Got over to primary Doc and told all- he knew history of it. --- asked him to cover if both of these guys insist on cutting all.

The referral they give is a treatment center that uses subs for a three day de tox. I WOULD LOVE AN ANSWER TH THESE:

AT THE PLACE THAT DETOXES WITH SUBS IN THREE DAYS ---- SOUND AWFUL LIKE I COULD NOT DO IT. ANY HOPE HERE?
IF NOT I SHOULD CANCEL AN APPT MADE TO ASSEWS =-- I THINK 3 DAYS TO NOTHING FOR ME WOULD BE THE END.

FIRST DOC SAID MORPHINNE SULPHATE BAD TO HAVE IN YOUR SYSTEM WHEN INDUCTING. BUT THE SECOND, NOW SCHEDULED TO DO IT -- LEAVES THESE IN AS MOST OF THE SCRIPT. WHO IS RIGHT??

So one tactic is to try and make it to the 12 day off induction -- if after it is started I could transfer to better place.

Ithink endorphins take time to come back -- but they might. If they do not - all of this saving is saving somethig not worth having. I try to keep thinking this can be better, but from withing it it does not seem so.

Post subject: big cosequences
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Feels like living in w/d- hard to imagine at all ok. yesterday sub initiation set for tues and then for a little mistake -- I should have said-; dont need any rx for now" but did not. Angry tyrade and kicked out of practice. options - if energy to do it]]1

1. local residential place used sub for 1 month -- off all in one month.

2. think other sub initiation on for 12 days from now - but feel so sick and exhausted - god I hope pressure in the head etc is a w/d -- all cold and stinks and feels very vry bad. I think there should be more oxy to maintain something of life until sub switch -- this is getting bad fast - worst kind of waiting. I am getting tired of myself writing this.

if nothing is good anymore what are you doing.

does not seem possible all this can be this bad and no solution.

how do you deal with just wanting this to go away - sitting around long periods of time --

all these minor things caused such catastrophy. this is not blaming others -- I could have done it differently, and dknow now what - but it is the past and this is such crap and all I visualize are these angry stery yelling faces and I did what
murder? something like that. Even today smell is so ramped up a bit of garbage from way off is awful. sleep will not be there as i wait and wait. this intolerable riging and sweating cannot be life. anything good stll here? ?????S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm 
Yeah first off screw the 3 day suboxone detox clinic thing, all they want to do is make thousands off you using a medication you can use by yourself at home. Keep calling sub doctors in your area and explain your situation and one of them will sympathize with you and help you if they have an open slot for you. Believe me there are good doctors out there, mine is awesome and I guarantee he would induct you despite your situation if you lived around here. If no sub doc will help you (which wont happen one will) methadone clinics dose suboxone as well and you can try one of them to get on sub or methadone. I wish I knew more about your situation but like jackcrack said its hard to understand some of the things you are saying and Im confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with suboxowned. Keep calling places locally for sub and tell them you need the earliest available appointment. Call until you find something. I also agree that if you cannot find something, try getting sub at the methadone clinic. If you can't get sub there, I would still go to the 3 day treatment place to get the sub and then once they discharged me I would go to the appt. you already have scheduled for suboxone.

Scruffy - I know this is intolerable, but it IS worth the wait. You can make it through this. Do you have ANY pain killers left at all? Or are you out? I mean, you should still have what doctor #2 prescribed as he gave you a script for 3 weeks right?

We are ALL having a hard time understanding you. You have got to write full sentences or you won't get answers from people. They will give up.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One suggestion... it is hard to tell how much of your comment is venting about your doc experiences and what parts are requests for support or advice. Consider putting the venting in the 'damn doctor' section of the forum.... and if there is something that people can help with, try to use those parts of the forum-- for example there is a section for people looking for a doctor in specific regions--- those steps may help people help you.

Post subject: shot at clarity--
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This apparent unclarity is upsetting - I have written for a living, even peer-review journal articles on public health -- what is going on?

I guess I just need to believe one thing-- that there is such a thing as better than this. This combination anxiety/depression, and the constant head pressure and ringing and sweating is really - not worth doing. I remember this from the past (minus physical symptoms) a depression that just descended - from say, a divorce. But I also remember no drugs and very young-- and going out for a run - eliminating most of it. Now it looks as though its hear to stay- oh, I remember yesterday.

Amazing what the Beatles knew in some songs at a young age.

But I cant even smile, muscles gone for that. This has gone on too long.

Today visited PCP -- complete honesty. He said if these guys I have been writing about were no help- he would fill in while I looked. This is a great help, but not with the time factor. There are two doctors I am more interested in --

the first is an addictionologist who uses subs, is older, and been through a lot. Have met him and trust him. He even returned my call today -- but he is so busy I cannot get an appt for almost a month.

Second there is a physiatrist (physical rehap) - pain spec. who will and has used methadone for pain.

At these reduced levels of oxy I am getting I can feel the pain flowing much more freely. I will be able to tell which is better by talking with them - but I like these two the best.

So if I knew it was really subs I could start in 2 weeksl---or wait a month to see two guys - where there might be the option of methadone. Sometimes it seems like the methadone would go in and cut pain- ad even knock out ringing ears. Just a feeling. Most opinions are that subs will not usually be great pain stoppers and may not be for that. For these ----- depression, insomnia, tinnitus, muscle-joint pain, dizziness, --maybe it is methadone. how to know?

What really bothers me is that I am used to being political -- single-payer for health care, money out. And now I am just self concerned and have a front row seat at this specticle of what would happen if I had no insurance card The very first medical question is -----insurance. And when you do get it it is nightmare of capitalist profit taking, not care. Just the feeling of slipping into their (their systems) grasp inspires a grotesque desire to escape the thing. They caused the problems and now are sanctimonious and so superior-- really sick of the stupid bast...... sick s

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

what happened that this moron with an MD thinks hes justified to ruin someones life? what made him put the Alert up? because u consulted with a second pain management doctor-about addiction treatment and what his poor little ego was bruised? this guy needs his liscense pulled seriously to screw a patient out of getting treatment when hes seriously seeking help and trying to recover how does this asshole sleep at night