It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I have an idea, and please withhold judgment as I am not looking to abuse my suboxone, I simply thought of a way to use it more efficiently. I have not done this yet, and I am just looking for input. So here it is...earlier as I got home from work, I was about to get in the shower, and I used my daily nasal spray. I was wondering if it would be possible to take several Suboxone strips and put them in the nasal spray bottle that I empty out and mix them with water and use the nasal spray to dose. I want to say the bioavailability is 47% intranasally and like 25% sublingually (don't quote me on that), so I could maybe even lower my dose this way, and get more out of each strip. If I measured an amount of water, say 75 ml, and put it in the empty bottle and pumped the bottle until it was empty again, while counting the pumps, I could determine the dosage depending on how many strips I dissolve. Lets say 4, or 32/8 mg. I am prescribed 2 8/2 mg strips a day, and I take my dose properly every day. This might be the dumbest idea I have ever had, and if it is please tell me...nicely. Haha. Please tell me the cons...and pros of this. Has anyone else ever done this? I hope im not out of line for posting this. Appreciate any input...maybe

Last edited by encrypteddreams16 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This brings to mind the liquid taper method I've read about here. Hhmmm may could save some money?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah I think so. I just think it could be more efficient. I foresee people being judgemental about it though...