It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Changing to once a day
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been dosing 2x a day 4mg each time. for 3 months now. Feel great. Wanted to change to 1x a day. I have dentures, so its really annoying to have to take them out in the middle of a work day. I'm kinda scared, because i don't want to get the feeling of wanting in the middle of the day of thinking i need to do dose again. Any comments????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The mean (average) half life of sub is 37 hours, meaning you shouldn't need to dose more than once a day. If you're prescribed 8 mg per day, why not just try taking the full 8 in the morning and leave it at that? I really believe you should be fine at that dose. 8 mg is solidly above the ceiling and should saturate your opiate receptors for at the very least 24+ hours.
Let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm currently prescribed 7mg per day, I know that's a weird amount, but it's because I'm tapering back down with a goal of settling at 4mg per day and maintaining at that dose. My doctor wants me to take it twice a day, but my substance abuse therapist wants me to take it once per day, because he believes (and I concur) that dosing multiple times per day is a little bit like junkie behavior (unless you are taking it for pain management too)

I have absolutely NO problems taking it once per day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with the others. When I started sub my doctor said I could take it twice per day and I did. But taking it twice kept me in the habit of being able to take something when I wasn't feeling well for whatever reason and it also made me think if I missed that 2nd dose I would be uncomfortable and then my mind was convinced I would feel uncomfortable and it was so. But then I came here and learned about the 1/2 life and tested it it out. Not only did I learn once per day is just fine, but I can actually go a couple days and feel just fine if I want to. I felt WAY more free after that. I also became far more independent in terms of managing my emotions and feelings properly.

With that being said, some people just metabolize differently and they prefer twice per day. I think the new film might help with that a little and at least keep the dose pretty consistent. Who knows.

Good luck with whatever it is you decide.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill