It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all! This is my first time posting on this board, although I have frequented it enough looking at questions and answers I have had. I have been able to find some kind of question/answer that related to something I was asking myself, until now.

Here's my situation...

I am under my parents insurance until my new insurance for work is approved and ready to go (which will take awhile). My parents have BCBS, which I have had no difficulty obtaining suboxone. About 2 months ago, they got a letter saying that the policy was changing effective Jan 1, and I would now require a step/prior-authorization process (proof of drug testing, counseling, etc.). Okay, no big deal, I told my psychiatrist, which she said that we will do in December... and then about a week later... they get another letter saying now that Express Scripts will be handing the pharmacy and prescriptions. I tried to call both companies (3-4x, today being the latest) to see if I still need the prior authorization, as I will need to refill my prescription on Jan 4th, and it is sending my anxiety level through the roof worrying if I won't be able to get it. Express scripts said they would not have my "information" until Jan 2 (only giving me really 1 day to get everything I need IF I do need the authorization... yeah right... -_-) and BCBS said that Express Scripts will be handling my medications after Jan 1.

I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has had this come up?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ok, I haven't been in this particular situation, BUT if it helps your anxiety levels, I have been in the position where I was out of subs and my insurance had been cut off. My doctor prescribed me subutex generics to tide me over until I could get more subs on my insurance. Ended up being a lot cheaper than suboxones. I think I paid about $25 for 10 8mgs at walmart. check out goodrx.com to compare prices at your pharmacies....but, some pharmacies give me trouble with their(goodrx.com) coupons. Walmart takes them no problem, but kmart and publix have denied them.

Just an idea that you could ask your doc for generic (there are generic suboxone tablets as well, with the naloxone in them, which docs may be more comfortable prescribing; that are cheaper than the brand films.) if that helps you at all. that way you can cash pay for enough to get you through til you have your insurance straightened out?