It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Changed My Life!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey! My name is Andrea & I'm 26 years old. I started my opiate addiction in 2010, shortly after being diagnosed with cervical cancer and then surgery. I tried to quit several times on my own but the withdrawals were too strong and the psychological withdrawal was even stronger. I logged onto this website so that I could comment to ANYONE & EVERYONE about how WONDERFUL I think Subutex is. I hope that this is a "for it" type place, I only read a few comments before registering so I'm assuming from what I read y'all are here for people who are taking it along with a program and it's working! If not ill feel kind of stupid! Haha anyways, 4 months ago I had a son. 10 hours before he was born his father passed away from the result of a horrible, unexpected FREAK accident. He was also 26 years old. I had a traumatic labor and delivery and then had his dads funeral 2 days later. I've been having to deal with lawyers to get paternity confirmed before they will even put his name on the birth certificate (we weren't married YET) -- bottom line-- it's been an absolute nightmare! I got what they call Postpartum Preeclampsyia after Tristan was born, was in the hospital for 17 days, seizures, migraines, blood pressure spikes, etc. After I was finally "physically well"... Then came even MORE emotional trauma and, hense, even MORE PILLS. I was taking sometimes 20 per day (hydrocodone). Finally, I hit rock bottom. Should have happened a long time ago since that had already been going on for years just not quite THAT BAD. I needed help. I wanted to quit on my own but couldn't take care of my son with the withdrawals especially being by myself, it's hard as it is being a "single" parent. I researched and found a clinic and a wonderful doctor.. And... A MIRACLE! Subutex has literally changed my life in a matter of days. It's true what I read. I don't even THINK about Lortab. Used to that was the first thing on my mind every morning and the last thing every night. CONSTANTLY worried about where the next days worth were coming from. I lost jobs, money, friends, family members didnt trust me or want to be around me. I was CONSUMED in my anger, grief, and addiction. Subutex worked just like they said it would. I went back to work shortly afterwards, had energy (not a speedy type) just... Normal energy to do the things I needed to do-- amazing. For the first time in so long I felt-- NORMAL. Not high, not baked, not numb.... Just normal. I am and will forever be tremendously thankful. I know the medicine isn't a miracle. It takes time, effort, counseling, support, and the desire to quit. All in which I finally have! So that in itself is most of it. Amazing drug! Finally, my son will get all the attention he deserves and I don't ever have to worry about being a prisoner ever again.
-Andrea

Post subject: Re: Changed My Life!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello Andrea welcome to the forum! So glad to have you.
This is a suboxone forum, it's for patients and people on suboxone and everything before in between and after.
I reccomend staying here with this forum through your treatment. It helps.
I'm sorry for your loss, words can't say how sorry I am.
You're one of those girls who smile through all the pain huh? Wow, how strong you are I can already tell!
Your "Tristan" is very lucky to have a momma like that.

My names Kady I have multiple years in recovery (over 3 years) I also have two kids. I lost my kids father while I was pregnant with my second child (totally different situation than yours though) but a loss is a loss. I held my baby girl for the first time with no one around but my mama. She looked like him so much and it broke my heart. I was on sub while pregnant. And my baby was born completely healthy. With a score of 9! :)
I too have had cervical cancer when I was just 15-16 the pre cancer kind. My mother was affected by it and almost died and took chemo Etc but has been in remission now for over 10 years :) I too started taking pills for pain and ended up in the same situation you did, so I understand fully sister!
I give you so much credit for bein where you are.
Great great job. I've never met someone with such a similar story as me than you.
So that's awesome.

I just want you to know this light at the end of the tunnel you've found is real. And there's an even bigger light at the end of the tunnel. About 2 years into my recovery I met a man and he's become the father of my child even though he's not biologically the father he's the father :) and wow it's a blessing. And id like to believe the same blessings are in store for you sweet girl :)
I know it's painful to think about at first but it gets better over time.
I just want you to know that not everybody on suboxone works another program. And that's their personal decision. But I think it's so refreshing that you mentioned a recovery program! That tells me that you already get this! And your success will be greater Hun!

I have worked a program since day one of getting clean. And the whole time on suboxone and suboxone is just a tool it can't be the only thing you do. For me suboxone doesn't keep me clean NA keeps me clean!!!

I also wish I could go back and tell other women in my situation to do it differently than me I would have weaned a whole lot sooner and not be here 3 years in recovery still on suboxone but that's just how it ended up. Everybody's different. I do promise you if you do ever choose to stop sub then you can feel the exact same way you feel now. Stopping sub you can still feel all the wonderful things you feel now. Sub gets you on the right track and it's not meant to be long term... Although for some it ends up being though. And that's ok. We are all different.

I adore you and your strength and I don't know you (yet) but I am proud of you! I would love to chat with you more and hear more about you story and journey as you travel it! You are not on this journey alone and you will never have to travel alone again! You have everybody here and NA hopefully if you're involved in NA. It's one big family of unconditional love!

So just know I'm here for you as well and I will walk this journey with you if you'd like! Anytime you need advice or just want to talk about something small just post here or send me a private message. And again I'm so glad you're here and I loved reading your story!!

Lots of love
Kady

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm sorry that I didn't see your post until today. The forum has been pretty busy and somehow yours got pushed all the way to the bottom before I saw it. :oops:

You have definitely found the right place. This forum is most definitely Pro-Suboxone. Our founder, Dr. Junig, is a wonderful doctor who is completely pro-suboxone. You will see him post to people with advice that is based on his years of experience in treating addiction.We have alot of members who are all at different places within their journey, so I'm confident you will find support here from people who have stories similar to yours.

What you are feeling right now is so wonderful. I remember exactly how happy I was when I started my treatment. As much as everyone tells you how great it works, there's always that doubt in the back of your mind until you experience it for yourself.

Keep reading on the forum. I'm sure you will have alot of questions in the weeks to come and we have probably covered all of them at some point. If you are curious about something and can't find it, post away! That's what we are here for.

Welcome!

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear about your husband!! That's terrible! I agree, suboxone is the best thing to happen to me! It gives us a clear head so that we can work our steps! I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. Anyways stick around and keep on keeping on! :D