It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:59 am 
lifesaver wrote:
[quote Capt] and if I NEVER took sub before... why the hell would I bash it?

So are you saying that you are here to bash suboxone? Just wandering. Thanks!!

LOL... do you want me to bash sub? Looks like it. Just wandering?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:04 am 
Um, why would i want you too bash subs? I only ask you that because of what you said. Along with a lot of other things you have said while on this site. It would be great if you are here genuinely. Thats all i can hope for. If not, then it will eventually come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:49 am 
lifesaver wrote:
Um, why would i want you too bash subs? I only ask you that because of what you said. Along with a lot of other things you have said while on this site. It would be great if you are here genuinely. Thats all i can hope for. If not, then it will eventually come out.

I was actually thinking the same about you..... you know.. I do think I am at the wrong site. Very close minded folks. tear apart every post. EVERY POST.

Isnt this a site about recovery... tired of being judged for being on sub? Why do I recieved such harsh judgement. I see how it sounded when I mix the words dope/opiates. Just oversite but I see I will never be "forgiven" so to speak. And I do think you want me to bash sub... you and a few others.. hell maybe the whole site. Not sure what the problems is other then I chose that BMT/MMT was not what I thought best for me... I was lucky to be able to get where I am today. Srry you all feel the only way is sub way.... so not true. IT is a great medication. I did do what I needed at the time. I just could not affored it then... I could now though.. just not the need. I am clean and been clean for over two yrs. doing great. Sorry that disappoints you all. this is the way I am coming to understand why such nasty reactions toward me. I dont think that one will need a opiate for the rest of thier life. I think this is a wonderful tool.... but it is a opiate. there was a time I didnt want to be with out it or go thru what many have to go thru to be off of it. Had too. THen lucky to have a bro that had my back.

sorry for how you now trust NO ONE. Sorry I dont fit in your mold.. well not really ...NOT AT ALL>

I am staying... just because I feel like folks need to know my success.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:13 pm 
Thats absolutely insane to say that i want you to bash suboxone!! Where did you get that from? I dont even know you other than what you have disclosed on this site. To say that i want you to bash subs makes no sense. And thats great that you dont need sub anymore. Congragulations!! The other stuff you talk about not being forgiven for is in the past. This site is to help people and if you have that help to offer then thats awesome!! Nobody is keeping you from doing that. But for some reason you seem to act like your above us because were using sub treatment for recovery instead of ibogaine. You make comments talking about how you dont need sub for your recovery(dont mark me word for word on that) and that were just jealous of what you have. Quite frankly, im just fine with who i am and where im at in life. Ibogaine is not for me as you say sub is not for you and that is ok in my book. Nobody has made comments about you for choosing ibogaine like the way you have sorta looked down upon us for choosing sub. All i say is, if your here for the right reasons then their shouldnt be any further problem, conflict or even discussion of any of this. Its done and over with as far as im concerned. If its talked about anymore its only gonna seem that you are not here for the right reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:01 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Not to hijack the thread, but something capt said hit home for me. Talking about pin point pupils on sub. I am on 8mg a day, 12mg a day if I'm using it for pain relief, but 95% of the time 8% a day. I DO get pin point pupils from suboxone. Just like I did on oxycodone, and heroin. This has caused me a number of problems with my fiance. First off, she does trust me, but it worries her from time to time. She always used to know I was on an opiate during my addiction by the size of my pupils. I have small pupils naturally, but they were literally non existence while on any kind of opiate. So she puts the two and two together, and sometimes askes me calmly if I had relapsed and when I ask why would she think such a thing, she'd refer to my pupils being small, just like they used to be. Some days they are a bit smaller. I voluntarily do a UA for her every couple weeks if she's any kind of suspicious but I just felt I needed to bring this up since there was some confliction with capt and another poster on this. I know suboxone is an opiate, but I can't have my fiance even thinking I may have relapsed due to suboxone pinpointing my pupils damnit! :(

Back to the subject though...the way I look at it is...however you choose to get clean and off the drug which put you here in the first place, good for you. Whether it's medicated assisted treatment or other methods. In the end, in my eyes, it simply does not matter. I've been on suboxone for close to a year now. I have not even yet thought about stopping any time soon either. I look at my disease like diabetes and suboxone as my insulin. As long as it keeps my life moving forward and away from drugs, then let it do it's magic. It sure as hell saved me from death or jail, that's for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Like I've said before, I've been on suboxone for over 2 years and my pupils have always been pin-point. Some people say that a lower dose might reduce that a little, but I dose for pain, too, and a lower dose just isn't effective. I've had no problems with regard to my pupils. Although I will say I fear the possibility of being pulled over by the police and having to explain why I look like I'm high.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:10 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I never had that problem with either drug. To me, methadone always gets a bad rap. Different patients have different needs and resources, so calling one or the other "the best drug" seems pointless. My experience was that methadone was cheap and effective, and every problem I had during my nine years on the drug stemmed from regulatory bullshit rather than the med itself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:35 pm 
hatmaker510 wrote:
Like I've said before, I've been on suboxone for over 2 years and my pupils have always been pin-point. Some people say that a lower dose might reduce that a little, but I dose for pain, too, and a lower dose just isn't effective. I've had no problems with regard to my pupils. Although I will say I fear the possibility of being pulled over by the police and having to explain why I look like I'm high.
I think the police would be able to even tell to be honest because dont they shine a light into someones eyes in order to gauge if your pupils respond? Pupils constrict in the present of light so I dont know how they could tell. Maybe Im wrong tho