It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Chain smoking
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Been on Subs about 3 years. When I first started I would smoke about two and a half packs a day and now I am down to a pack a day. Did anyone else experience this or notice it. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh yes'. my med doc advised me that being on subs will make me smoke more than ever. and being just a med doc and no not much about soboxone he hit it on the nail. i'm trying to cut down to 2/12 packs a day :( i try to eat raw garlic, for it can revive the lungs.

Post subject: Smoking
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but the OP seems to indicate the suboxone has curbed his smoking. This is more than likely due to quitting full agonists. When I was doing oxy, I could smoke non-stop.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lol we smoke mad cigs on subs because the same reason we smoke mad cigs on oxy and perks, opiates have that affect , wake up no cravings for cig pop suboxone oh shit chain smoking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So true. Just like I'd have a cigarette with my coffee, I'd have a cigarette after my Suboxone. I'd even say I smoked more on Sub than I did on heroin (maybe because I could afford smokes again).

But you CAN quit smoking on Sub. I've done it a few times :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Actually I cut down to a pack a day after doing 2 and a half a day for two years when I first started subs. My system has gotten used to the Subs and thanks god I don't feel the need to smoke as much anymore. Today its just one pack per day. Before Subs I might of smoked half a pack on a good day. Smoking is just as expensive as a dam hardcore drug habbit now days. For a single pack around my area it cost $8.75 after tax per pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's funny because when I started Vics three years ago it made me smoke ALOT! A pack and a half a day. I thought that when I started subs that I would be cutting back on smoking. Now today was my first sub, I'm a newbie, but when I took my sub and it kicked In, I started smoking like crazy! Grrrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have noticed that I crave nicotine big time when in withdrawal... it really stinks. I tend to only smoke a few cigs every few days, but I do use snus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The amount I'm smoking is seriously ridiculous. By the time I get off Subs my lungs will look worse than my grandmothers. I can hardly breathe most of the time because I am chain smoking an insane amount, almost 2.5 packs a day.I tried lowering my dose with no results. When I don't have the subs in me such as after waking up, I smoke my morning cig and can usually hold off a bit. But as soon as that Sub is flowing threw my veins I am lighting cigarettes one after the other with maybe 5 minute intervals between each one.

I quit once by taking Wellbutrin while I was on Subs before and it was like some kind of miracle drug. I literally said this is my last cigarette and it was and I stayed nicotine free for 6 months until I went into rehab to try and detox from subs (failed, but succeeded the 2nd time and stayed off them for a few months before getting right back on them since I was using again.) Has anyone else had this experience with Wellbutrin? I still have a crap ton of the 150mg pills left over and was thinking of trying that again. Only problem is I have no health insurance so if I ran out I might be beat. I'm also a little nervous because I started taking it in on my 2nd visit to rehab while detoxing from kpins also and had a grandmal seizure.

I'm going to talk to my PC Doc and see if I can get on the Wellbutrin and I'll post here again soon to report my progress. If anyone else has any tips or advice please share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This did not happen for me. I couldn't smoke like I did when I was actually getting high. I cut back on smoking a lot once I was on subs and eventually quit. Maybe you're on too much? I don't know..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:23 pm 
I smoked way more when i was sniffing or poppin 200mg oxy a day. No way i do that on subs though. That lighting one cig with the next was was me on oxy. Now if i am smoking some herb and have sub in me. Ya i will go on a free for all and smoke a pack. But normally on just sub. I smoke like 5-8 cigs a day.

Keep trying to chain smoke like your johhny depp in fear and loathing in las vegas. That guy ALWAYS had a ciggie going. Sometimes he walked around with a broken cigarette in his mouth. : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Haha will on 200 mg of oxy I'd sell my soul for a cigg. Absolutely necessary when high as shit.

Now I need to try quitting ciggs. Sigh. Lifes pleasures are so bad for you. Except sex...lol