It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Central Asia?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there. I am a New Zealander who is prescribed Suboxone monthly for back pain control. Here it's a controlled drug and can only be obtained with a month's supply at a time.

My question: Next year I Want to travel to Central Asia (a variety of countries including Iran, Uzbekistan, Kyrghaztan, Nepal, etc) for around 4 months. However I am told by doctors/pharmacists here that I won't be able to get more than a month's supply from NZ.

Does anyone know (a) if Subs is legal in the above mentioned countries and (b) How I'd go about getting it prescribed?

Thanks for any info you may have!

Post subject: Re: Central Asia?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:26 am 

Hi Sioux, Welcome! I am sorry that I don't have an answer for you about traveling to those countries. I can tell you what I would do, stockpile! I would start trying to save some strips at the end of each month. How much suboxone are you prescribed? If you just cut back 1mg or 2 you would have a little extra saved. I always do this just in case of an emergency. Good luck! Did you ask your Doc about this? He maybe willing to help. Let us know how you make out!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know about the other country's either, but I agree with Michelle. I'll tell you how I was able to stock pile. I was on 16 mg and decided to cut back to 12 mg. By the end of the month I counted, and had 15 extra Suboxone left. I plan on cutting back to 8 mg this month, so I should have a good bit saved up. I don't recommend keeping this knowledge from your Dr. because they will more than likely be drug testing and it will show up. I just vaguely suggested to my Dr. that some days I was going to try to cut back. That way if anything is ever said, I wont look like I was trying to hide it. Good luck to you on finding the answers about the other countries. It may take a little while but hopefully someone who's traveled abroad will reply shortly. It must be exciting planning for such trips. I myself have never been out of the US. Good luck stock piling. And we welcome you to the forum. Stick around :D Bama girl

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:44 pm 

Hi, Just to add, your post got me thinking...the only time I have been out of the country was a trip to Ireland 4 years ago. I was abusing tramadol at the time and had to make sure that I had enough to get me through the trip! I had called in to all my various suppliers! I was also legally prescribed tramadol so that made it a bit easier or I should say, made me feel less anxious about it. I had heard that you could go to pharmacies in Ireland and get trams over the counter. I did try! But, when I asked about something for serious pain, they just referred me to an extra strength Motrin kind of med! Anyway, so happy I will never have to worry about that again! Enjoy your day!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well if that don't beat all... Michelle!!! YOU WENT ON A VACATION TO IRELAND, I can stop hollering now, and you went to a pharmacy while there on vacation, and asked for Tramadol. SMH!! Looooordy Mercy! Girl!! Now I always planned on getting a Marijuana salad if I ever went to Amsterdam. LOL This plan was long before it was legalized here in the states. LOL Oh my goodness the things we remember... Have a great day and enjoy this beautiful sun shine we are having. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. And lets see if we can't find someone who else who's been out of the country. OH me, Michelle, you tickle me...