It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Celebration Time!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:37 pm 

Hey fellow members!!! I've been making references here and there that I may possibly be getting into the field of addiction. Today I found out that I've been accepted into a masters program in addiction studies!! It's through a regular university, but the classes will all take place online, so I don't have to move.

I'm soooo relieved that I made it into the program!! I didn't really have a back-up plan. I interviewed last Friday via Skype. I, of course, mentioned moderating this forum several times. I feel exceedingly grateful to my fellow suboxforum members. I have learned so much here from the wisdom of many! And I've been encouraged and supported here too! I've been a moderator here long enough that Dr. J felt comfortable recommending me for the program, for which I am also exceedingly grateful!

Grad school, here I come!!

:)
Amy

Post subject: Re: Celebration Time!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations Amy! Thank you for sharing this with us. Even though we don't "really know" each other on this forum, there is a bond, so that it makes each of us happy when one of us accomplishes something like this. It is truly a blessing to have this place where we can, "rejoice with those that rejoice, and weep with those that weep"!
Sincerely,
Morphing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy

Congratulations! I am sincerely Happy for you! :D It's says alot about you that Dr J felt confident with your knowledge etc to give you a professional recommendation!

You Go AMY!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:59 pm 

That is so awesome Amy! Sorry about reading this a day late. Work and life got in the way. And having Dr. J recommend you is another great thing.

I only got a certification for Chemical Dependency so a Masters program is so much better. After I got my CDS my work outsourced the EAP to those who had masters degrees. So there you go, you beat me out of a job already! I only worked in the EAP for 3 months before they farmed it out but education never hurts.

With this new job I have with a Nevada driving school my main job is Drivers Ed and Traffic Safety. But considering I had the CDS from years ago the DMV licensed me to teach the D.U.I. course too. Meaning, you could also work part time in that industry for a little extra money. So it's a good thing to have under your belt.

You will be so good at it too. The job you do here is always above and beyond the call of duty and you know it.

That's the best news I've heard in awhile. Keep the feed coming on your progress.

rule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy,

That is fantastic news! You have shown more compassion and understanding to those suffering with this disease, than anyone I know. I am really psyched for you! What an exciting step to take and one that is a natural fit for you. I can't wait to hear all about it and watch you follow this new path. You go girl!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 pm 

Amy I'm so happy for u and a little jealous lol!! Wow what an accomplishment also. Ur truly an inspiration and thank u for all u do here :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:08 pm 

Congratulations Amy!! You will have a greater understanding of treatments with Buprenorphine to share with the rest of the recovery world. And that is what is needed.
Plus you are a nice careing person nere, and im sure in "real " life.ha...

You Rock..!!!!

Razor r.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What great news!!!! It absolutely is "celebration time"!!!!! :D :D :D

I have to say that I'm not surprised at all that you were accepted into the program, but I know that you are quite relieved and excited to know for sure! They would have been missing out on a very special person if they had passed on you, my friend. And, Dr. J taking the time to send a personal recommendation shows again how selfless and wonderful he is.

I want to wish you the best of luck and congratulations on the continuation of your journey. I know you have been working toward this for a very long time, but it's so nice to see the beginning steps of the fulfillment of your dreams.

Thanks for sharing with us, Amy!!!

Q :mrgreen: