It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: celebrating 5 months
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

first, i'd like to say thank you to theveryone on this message board. Romeo, hatmaker, nogroovin, tearjerker, bboy, rmac, ozzy, hawker, rule62, johnboy, and everyone else (sorry if i left you out, it's late) you all have helped me a lot.

So i'm at 21 weeks now. Never imagined i'd be going through withdrawal this long, and probably wouldn't have imagined I'd stick with it this long if I did have to. But here I am, a bit over 5 months off suboxone. Yay!

I'm still struggling with PAWS,but it does seem to be getting better. Although I'm not sure whether its gotten lighter, or whether I've changed my life to accomodate and deal with it, probably both. But I am hoping that the 6 months mark or so will mark a change where I can start becoming more active again with becoming so easily exhausted and depressed.

The past 2-3 weeks have been insane because I had a case of athletes foot so bad that I barely slept for a week (not as gross as it sounds, just really, really itchy), and that really brought on a bad PAWS episode. Too much info? sorry, had to vent.

Anyways, thanks again everyone, just wanted to sort of...keep posting I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Eric, I am so proud of you, man. You're doing so awesome. I know you still feel PAWS and I know it SUCKS, but you're putting one foot (athletes foot!! lol) in front of the other and you're moving forward.....good on you!!!

Do not give up hope about feeling better. I promise, you will keep getting better, you will feel "normal" again. You're probably not too far away from the PAWS lifting.

Treat yourself well, take care of your physical, spiritual and mental needs. Just an FYI, the depressed feeling you get may be Eric learning how to live without drugs. I know I had a hard time learning how to be happy again.....without drugs. This is where my recovery helped me so much. I was so fucking used to popping a pill for happiness that I had completely lost touch with how to make myself happy on my own. Recovery is work, no doubt, but it's SO worth it too.

Thanks so much for swinging by and updating us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:35 am 

Eric, congratulations on being 5 months post-sub!!! You're an inspiration to me, since I hope to someday be where you are. By that point you'll probably have a year and a half under your belt and PAWS will be but an unpleasant memory!

I agree with you that there are so many supportive, helpful, wonderful people on this forum. I'm so glad, for example, that I will be tapering with the support of folks here, and moreover, I have this wealth of knowledge available from people who have gone before me. I'm so grateful for this site!

Again, congratulations! You deserve a big round of applause!

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats, youre a warrior. Think of it like running a maratho, last two miles are the toughest. Im off subs for two months so hearing from my sub free elders helps me alot. Athletes foot sucks, I had it bad as a teen, people who never had it dont realize how bad it sucks. I hope 6 months is a good turn around point for you, but like romeo said, we have to relearn how to live and cope. I def have paws too so keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

thanks everyone. I definitely feel like a warrior at this point, taking the blows of PAWS over and over, getting knocked down over and over, yet somehow standing back up. I'm very stubborn about certain things, particularly my health, so i suppose that's helped me keep going.

I definitely am learning to deal with life's natural stressors and that's a lot of the problem. PAWS is the other part. in fact, I feel a lot like i did 3 years ago or so before I took suboxone, only now i have some of those original issues coupled with the withdrawal. I have changed lot since that time, but old habits can be nasty and things still flare up.