It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

for the past couple days I've been swishing a mix of cayenne pepper and 1oz of water in my mouth before dosing. Its a vasodilator which means it widens the blood vessels I've had awesome results i not sure what it does but it makes me feel like it absorbs more bupe. maybe its just me let me know if anyone has tried this in the past!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've got some cayenne pepper in the cupboard. I'll try it when I dose tomorrow and let you know if I notice it absorbing any better.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

did you notice any difference?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: .reply FROM SLIPPER
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:29 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

puredmt wrote:
did you notice any difference?

Well, I read your post and just had to try it. Maybe I didn't put enough pepper in the ounce of water but I did not notice anything...in fact I think it made my dose act worse as I didn't feel as good after my dose as I usually do. I put about a fourth of a tsp of cayenne pepper in 1 oz of water, and nothing????

Slipper :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

slipper wrote:
...in fact I think it made my dose act worse as I didn't feel as good after my dose as I usually do.

Wow, that sentence just JUMPED out at me! You didn't feel AS GOOD AFTER YOUR DOSE AS YOU USUALLY DO. Do you realize what you said? It just sounds like someone who is using, not someone who is in treatment.

I honestly mean you no offense, Slipper, and I hope you know that. It's just that those words really did jump out at me and I felt I needed to respond honestly. Maybe just think on that and try to figure out what it means and if it's an issue for you. Only YOU know if it's something you need to work on or not. And you needn't share that with us. Just something to think about.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cayenne pepper? WTF?

Then again, if grapefruit juice can do it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

puredmt - Oops! I forgot to try it. I'll try it for my afternoon dose at 2pm (I'm on west coast). I'll let you know in about 5 hours if it worked...or if I felt I got more absorbtion I guess. How much cayenne pepper did you put in the ounce of water, and how long did you swoosh? Just wondering since slipper said it didn't work on her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey taurus, awesome im really looking forward to your feedback. I've been trying different natural vascodialators. Celery seems to work pretty good also it opens and expands the blood vessels but I do not think it works as good as the cayenne pepper it seems to really expand the veins in and under my tongue I can actually notice how much bigger it is in the mirror.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, I'm getting ready to take my dose in about an hour. How much cayenne pepper did you use??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I should of mentioned that you should swish the solution in your mouth for at least 30 seconds then wait about 2 minutes for the cayenne pepper to expand the veins in your tongue then rinse your mouth out with water and take your dose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sorry I was out and about I use 1/2 tsp per fl oz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

now is this effect specific to cayenne paper itself or can be generalized to any spicy food containing capsaicin (jalapeno, habanero peppers etc)

muchos thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
slipper wrote:
...in fact I think it made my dose act worse as I didn't feel as good after my dose as I usually do.

Wow, that sentence just JUMPED out at me! You didn't feel AS GOOD AFTER YOUR DOSE AS YOU USUALLY DO. Do you realize what you said? It just sounds like someone who is using, not someone who is in treatment.

I honestly mean you no offense, Slipper, and I hope you know that. It's just that those words really did jump out at me and I felt I needed to respond honestly. Maybe just think on that and try to figure out what it means and if it's an issue for you. Only YOU know if it's something you need to work on or not. And you needn't share that with us. Just something to think about.

Who dosent feel good after their dose??I've been on maintence 2 yrs and I still feel" sober" when I wake up till I take my dose. Are you kidding stop fooling yourself your as addicted and high all day as the rest of us or why would you be On them!! Then why arnt you on naloxone if you don't wanna get high from sub?. Stop lying to yourself you are not immune you opiates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oclafsti,

I don't feel my dose either. I take 4mg once daily and I really can't tell a difference in the way I feel. Just feel normal.

I really don't think people on subs are "high all day" or want to be high. If subs are " getting you "high" maybe you are on too high of a dose. I also would not say I'm addicted to suboxone, dependent maybe, not addicted. Your post was a bit offensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Orange doll wrote:
Oclafsti,

I don't feel my dose either. I take 4mg once daily and I really can't tell a difference in the way I feel. Just feel normal.

I really don't think people on subs are "high all day" or want to be high. If subs are " getting you "high" maybe you are on too high of a dose. I also would not say I'm addicted to suboxone, dependent maybe, not addicted. Your post was a bit offensive.

Of you take a opiate evey single day it's a scientific fact you will become addicted. Also if you state your not and they don't enhance your mood, may I ask why you don't stop takin them ? Very simple question.. Thanks an namaste

Post subject: ?????????
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man, I don't get it, and the truth is I've tried to get high on sub but the more I took, was just wasted. Gripes, I had the shits and ached all over, durring induction. It took a week and a bit just to feel 'normal' again, and that was after upping the dose to 16mg.
Some one said sub makes you feel refreshed," like you've just had brisk walk on a clear winter morning". If anything for me,,,thats about as close as your gonna get to getting high. Bup is a chemical you can't 'ride' like other opiates, like 1 out of 10, as compared to say pethadine 10 out of 10.
After 2 years on sub I've had quite a few of those dope dreams, but sub was never the dope in the dreams.
Just because it does get some folk high, that ain't worth squat to me, and if it did, I probably would need some other type of treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I tried the cayenne before dosing and didn't notice a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oclafsti,

I suggest you do some reasearch on addiction vs dependence.

Why do I take subs? Because while on them I'm not craving dilaudid. I work as an RN and part of my job is to give out/waste opiates. Its much better to be on a legal prescription medication then to chase tolerance to opiates/steal from my employer. Much safer for me and the patients. I plan on being on subs for as long as I need to.

Taurus, thanks for trying to keep this thread on track! I guess I don't feel the need to try the pepper lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oclafsti - this is an official warning. Please review the posting rules.

Quote: