It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Taurus wrote:
puredmt - Oops! I forgot to try it. I'll try it for my afternoon dose at 2pm (I'm on west coast). I'll let you know in about 5 hours if it worked...or if I felt I got more absorbtion I guess. How much cayenne pepper did you put in the ounce of water, and how long did you swoosh? Just wondering since slipper said it didn't work on her.

ive always been a cocktail kinda addict,,always found different drugs that would enhance whatever i was takin,,but after almost 8 yrs on sub i just take it like a vitamin everyday and dont worry about it,,hell,,i smoke and drink coffee with it nowadays,,as long as it keeps away the cravings is enough for me,,now in the begining i felt a whole lot and would probably try what your talkin about,,but nothing would make sub feel any different after so many yrs,,
and just wanted to add ,im a taurus too so i know your b-day is close or gone,,but happy b-day anyway!! :D

Post subject: Re: .reply FROM SLIPPER
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

oclafsti wrote:
hatmaker510 wrote:
slipper wrote:
...in fact I think it made my dose act worse as I didn't feel as good after my dose as I usually do.

Wow, that sentence just JUMPED out at me! You didn't feel AS GOOD AFTER YOUR DOSE AS YOU USUALLY DO. Do you realize what you said? It just sounds like someone who is using, not someone who is in treatment.

I honestly mean you no offense, Slipper, and I hope you know that. It's just that those words really did jump out at me and I felt I needed to respond honestly. Maybe just think on that and try to figure out what it means and if it's an issue for you. Only YOU know if it's something you need to work on or not. And you needn't share that with us. Just something to think about.

Who dosent feel good after their dose??I've been on maintence 2 yrs and I still feel" sober" when I wake up till I take my dose. Are you kidding stop fooling yourself your as addicted and high all day as the rest of us or why would you be On them!! Then why arnt you on naloxone if you don't wanna get high from sub?. Stop lying to yourself you are not immune you opiates.

hey there,

Are you sayin you still feel the affects of sub like in the begining?,,I wish i still did,,and believe me i would have no problem sayin i got a high off sub if i did ,,i did at first ,,but now it just takes away the cravings and keeps me from gettin sick if i were to stop sub,,but i been on it almost 8 yrs,,so for me 4mgs feels the same as 16.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I always noticed my dose. 16mg a day down to 4. Evereytime I felt a little better after.

The "brisk walk" description is great. I always compared it to a morning (or afternoon) coffee.

Here's the catch. I also feel/felt that way after meetings or counseling or doctor appointments for a little while.

That (to me, in my opinion, in my examples) shows its mainly in my head and a psychological "high" (sorry, it's the best word we can all relate to). In reality my blood levels haven't changed from their daily average.

Am I only one who thinks/feels this way?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yea,,i agree its a head trip too,,like i take mine in the morning everyday with my mornin coffee and if i took that away it would be difficult cause im used to takin something everyday.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I completely agree with you MrMatt....................

especially the part where you say you can feel the same reaction when you go to meeting or
see a conselor,
If Im having a relatively "good day" I get like this spunk of energy where Im just in a good mood,
not anything to do with taking my suboxone. Its wierd, but nice.
It can be a good song on the radio, or installing a door at somebodys house (work) that looks
really bad-ass, my 3 yr old saying "mommy I luv you SO much" and Im just HAPPY.
(Excersise too, seems to be a good one)

Just had to say I agree with Ya

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

amber4.14.11 wrote:
I completely agree with you MrMatt....................

especially the part where you say you can feel the same reaction when you go to meeting or
see a conselor,
If Im having a relatively "good day" I get like this spunk of energy where Im just in a good mood,
not anything to do with taking my suboxone. Its wierd, but nice.
It can be a good song on the radio, or installing a door at somebodys house (work) that looks
really bad-ass, my 3 yr old saying "mommy I luv you SO much" and Im just HAPPY.
(Excersise too, seems to be a good one)

Just had to say I agree with Ya

Installin a door ??..I just wanted to give ya high five cause installin a door can be very frustrating and it takes skill to get it right!!,,I guess anytime you feel bad you could go next door and kick in your nieghbors doort!,,THEN INSTALL A NEW ONE! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I tried your idea, and cant' say for sure that it worked but the idea is brilliant. I have heard that sublingual is the fastest way to the bloodstream and if you can dialate the blood vessels then better yet! I wonder if visene (stuff for your eyes would work) isn't it a dialator too?

Anyway thanks for the idea.

I am experienced in opiates for over five years, oxycodone primarily and now Suboxone. For quitting buprenorphine naloxone http://www.subotex.com/taper-101-for-ad ... -naloxone/ so you can plot your own taper off the drug!

Post subject: mucus membranes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Does Cayenne pepper affect the way that the buprenorphine is absorbed via mucus membranes, though? The 'veins under the tongue' theory is just an over-simplifying way for Dr's to explain sublingual dosing to patients and doesn't play too much into reality; the mucus membranes within the entire mouth are where the real absorption happens.

-Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject: I don't get high
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Went from 100 MG of Methadone daily to Suboxone to Subutex. Been on it for 4 years now. I never have gotten high from it. I just feel "normal." In fact, I feel as though I was never even addicted to opiates!

I will admit what I am about to say might be very very wrong, so please no attacking me, but I will say it anyway. Maybe...if someone takes Suboxone and feels really high from it, perhaps they were never addicted enough (and hence didn't develop enough of a general tolerance to opiates) to warrant them taking Suboxone. As in, perhaps their addiction was not far enough along to even need Suboxone to get clean. Perhaps something else would have worked.....

I know when I started using it, my daily addiction was no longer about getting high and having fun, it was about NOT GETTING SICK. When Suboxone took away that possibility of getting sick, I got clean, and I got clean FAST and easily.

Just a thought. No attacking me! I admit I could be completely wrong in my assumption.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey maleko - I don't think your theory is worthy of attack, not at all. I have a similar such theory about antidepressants. Some people say they make them "numb" whereas others feel better, and not numb at all. I think those that feel better on them have some kind of chemical imbalance and need the meds, whereas the ones who have a bad reaction and don't feel right on them don't really "need" them the say way the others do.

These are just theories after all.

Is it me, maleko, or have you not been around for awhile?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MALEKO

:D
I like your theory. Just sayin'.
Ive sorta thought that too, at the same time, maybe a smaller, (much smaller) dose would suffice.

I was exactly what you say, at the end of my addiction as well. IT was ALOT of WORK, to 'not be sick' and that was like a full time job!! maybe more, and it didnt always work, either.

Anyways, just wanted to tell you, that I LIKED your thoughts, and no worries. Cheers to you, for sharing :D

You should post a lil more often :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Interesting discussion. I have to admit that when I first decided to start taking Suboxone/aka bupe the addict side of me was hoping that I would feel at least some euphoria. This was even at a time when all the destruction opiate addiction caused in my life was very fresh in my mind. I would say I was really dissapointed I didn't feel a "buzz" but I was able to sleep for almost 8 hours that night which was the first time I wokeup feeling rested since I'd stopped "using" 4 months before. I really can't help but think that those who report feeling "high" after taking buprenorphine for more than just a couple days ( at least in doses used for treating opiod dependance) are really only experiencing a type of psychological "high" or a conditioned response from their using days when they were conditioned to feel better after dosing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thats why they say if u have ulsers bleeding don't use pepper/or raw garlic. why would garlic not work the same way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been on subs for 8 months and i can sometimes feel a little "buzz" after I take it, especially when adjusting my dose. Probably due to the norbupe. my closest friends who are on it say they feel it as well. and yes ive done basically every other kind of full agonist opiate that gives you a real high. i cant speak for everyone but i think some people are kidding themselves if they say they dont feel anything