It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Cannot Stop Crying
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Is this a side effect of reducing the sub? I am having so many side effects from being on this med I am trying to go off. I have been crying for 2 days and very depressed and feel sick (flu-like/not hungry)

I am on a very tiny dose of a 2mg film. From twice a day dosing of 2mg. Not doing twice daily anymore. Not sure if I need to check myself into the detox place again and do treatment all over again. I hate doing this alone. Suggestions???

Diane
BonoKisser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry you are having such a difficult time. Yes, depression and flu-like symptoms can be caused by tapering off any opiate. The only advise I can give would to maybe take 3mg a day instead of dropping from 4 to 2. When you are at doses 4mg and below a 50% reduction is too much for some. Reducing by 25% will help the symptoms and when getting even lower drops of 10% are recommended. I wish I had more advice to give but this is the only thing I can think of to help your symptoms. Hang in there, you will get thru this!

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank You Breezy_Ann. I am so thankful to find this board. I would be dead by now without all of the support and others experiencing similar issues. :) I must have gone through 3 boxes of kleenex today. Need something for my sore nose. :(

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

U2Star, I'm all too familiar with that bittersweet crying feeling. In your case, like Breezy said, it sounds a lot like withdrawal resulting from your taper.

Withdrawal from opioids is really heart wrenching at times. I remember crying over ads on TV, literally breaking down in a sobbing mess over some kids movie, over songs on the radio, over memories, over anything, while in withdrawal. Mild withdrawal is a part of the tapering process, and that is unavoidable unfortunately. It's all about keeping it at a manageable level, so a person can still function. You can reduce their intensity, but tapering is a very emotional process for a lot of people.

Like Breezy said, if it's really difficult to handle, maybe slow your taper and adjust your dose a bit.

Post subject: Kleenex please
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
U2Star, I'm all too familiar with that bittersweet crying feeling. In your case, like Breezy said, it sounds a lot like withdrawal resulting from your taper.

Withdrawal from opioids is really heart wrenching at times. I remember crying over ads on TV, literally breaking down in a sobbing mess over some kids movie, over songs on the radio, over memories, over anything, while in withdrawal. Mild withdrawal is a part of the tapering process, and that is unavoidable unfortunately. It's all about keeping it at a manageable level, so a person can still function. You can reduce their intensity, but tapering is a very emotional process for a lot of people.

Like Breezy said, if it's really difficult to handle, maybe slow your taper and adjust your dose a bit.

I took about 0.3 and that helped. I hadn't had any (sub) today since yesterday. Trying to keep it once a day and as little as possible. Thanks for sharing your story (that is me!) I hope I can function on that little bit because of the swelling I have been having in my ankles and knees with pain with weight gain because of it. That is not me at all. I hope I can get off these for good and with little discomfort as possible. I couldn't take my 4 year old niece shopping today and that really upset me.
Thanks for all your advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Instead of skipping doses altogether, have you considered just having smaller doses, and keeping it at 2-3 times a day?

When people get down low, buprenorphine stops lasting as long. What many people do then is have smaller doses more often, as it keeps the levels more consistent through the day. That would be a better option than to skip doses altogether, at least at this point in your taper.

If you did it that way, you would also have the option to change the timing of your doses to suit your day. ie if you had plans to take your niece shopping, you could potentially delay your midday dose until that time, so there'd be minimal WD's when you're busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey BK,

Is it ever nice to have you back!!

I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your taper. Like the others have said, crying during detox/taper is not unusual. I broke down many times during my detox. It's just part of the healing process.

I would also suggest that you take your taper as slow as you can. You're in a bit of a pickle because of the side effects the medicine is causing and I understand that. You're kinda walking a tightrope with your taper.

I'm glad you decided to take that .3mg today to make yourself feel better, you have probably tapered a little bit too quickly and there is no shame in taking a small amount of Suboxone to help you stabilize.

Have you looked into Clonidine?? It's a blood pressure medication that's prescribed "off label" for opiate wd and it helped me tremendously. It doesn't eliminate all the wd symptoms, but it sure knocks them down a peg or two. Clonidine calms the Sympathetic Nervous System. Clonidine is NOT addictive either, I took it for months and months and months and discontinued it with no problems at all.

Make sure you Doctor does not confuse Klonopin with Clonidine.

Good luck and keep hanging in there!!

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Romeo-

I have heard of clonidine. I am already on atenolol (a blood pressure med) that is similar to clonidine but for a fast heart rate.
I will be sooo happy when I can get through this. I hate just sitting around, crying, no energy and feeling so blue. I don't see sub doctor until december 8th. Just going to take a small amount daily I guess and hope it helps me function witout too many of the bad side effects. Thanks for the replies. So good to hear from you. Thanks for your support.

BK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What tearj said got me Thinking about this for a minute, ive had crying fits as a side effect from all opiates in bewteen doses. For ex now i have it before i dose in the morning on the way to the clinic, the other day a real deep song i was listening to had me in tears bc it reminded me of a time in my life. And i also get them at night time during movies when my meds start waring off. But its not such a bad thing my gf loves that i can cry during a sad movie in front of her.

Post subject: More Kleenex please
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
What tearj said got me Thinking about this for a minute, ive had crying fits as a side effect from all opiates in bewteen doses. For ex now i have it before i dose in the morning on the way to the clinic, the other day a real deep song i was listening to had me in tears bc it reminded me of a time in my life. And i also get them at night time during movies when my meds start waring off. But its not such a bad thing my gf loves that i can cry during a sad movie in front of her.

I agree. When I stopped vicodin the first time without the aid of suboxone I had the same bouts of crying. Today I made it to satrbucks, crying all the way. I actually ordered my drink and sat in the store trying to read(while crying-a bit embarrassing) and made 3 trips to the bathroom to cry a real good cry and blow my nose! I have stopped for the moment. Took a small amount of sub again and seem a little better.

Post subject: advice
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
Instead of skipping doses altogether, have you considered just having smaller doses, and keeping it at 2-3 times a day?

When people get down low, buprenorphine stops lasting as long. What many people do then is have smaller doses more often, as it keeps the levels more consistent through the day. That would be a better option than to skip doses altogether, at least at this point in your taper.

If you did it that way, you would also have the option to change the timing of your doses to suit your day. ie if you had plans to take your niece shopping, you could potentially delay your midday dose until that time, so there'd be minimal WD's when you're busy.

That is a possibility but I want off. It marketed is a 24-36 hour drug so I do not know why it seems to wear off so fast for me??? When do I get to the place of every other day dosing? When I quit crying? I do notice after 1-2 hours after my tiny dose I feel better.

Post subject: Re: Cannot Stop Crying
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Yep -- Very similar symptoms. I am down to about 1.5 mg -- but the crying is ridiculous. I have two fake hips (Which caused the opiate issue - which lead to suboxone). The muscle aches are pretty bad at times...and right around the hips. I wonder if my body is finally waking up to feeling everything again?

Not sure... just want off of Suboxone and never look back. :!: :!:

Post subject: Re: Cannot Stop Crying
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:02 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

stevemac95 wrote:
Yep -- Very similar symptoms. I am down to about 1.5 mg -- but the crying is ridiculous. I have two fake hips (Which caused the opiate issue - which lead to suboxone). The muscle aches are pretty bad at times...and right around the hips. I wonder if my body is finally waking up to feeling everything again?

Not sure... just want off of Suboxone and never look back. :!: :!:

i had tons of pain when i started the suboxone and when i went cold turkey years ago. it does ease up. i was alternating 4 advil then 2 tylenol every few hours (3200 advil max and 3000 tylenol which is ok to do short term)